homesick

krhardy

karate chic-I'll beat you with my cane
It's now been over a year since we were one the Magic for our 5th cruise, and not another planned. I feel so "homesick"...that's the only word I can think of to describe it. We had given our daughter the choice of graduation trips, feeling certain that she'd pick another cruise, but she picked the 2012 London olympics. While I'm very excited about that trip, and can't justify the cost of a cruise while saving for the olympic trip, I still can't help but miss the cruise line. Any suggestions for help? Besides going on another cruise????:sad:

"Homesick"! Yes, what a great word! I so feel it too! Sailed my 8th time on the Wonder last Nov (5th yr in a row at that time)...and right now I have no plans for this fall!:sad1:

I think your daughter made a wise choice! (I would choose Europe over a Disney cruise any day, unless maybe it was a Disney cruise IN Europe.) Other than plan another Disney trip between now and then, I know of no other way to get over your cruise homesickness.

I feel your pain it our last cruise #5 was in 2007 but we are now booked on the 2010 Baltic Cruise. You need to keep you eye out for something in the future. Maybe the Magic will be sailing out of England in 2012 and you can do both! Hang in there.

I feel your pain it our last cruise #5 was in 2007 but we are now booked on the 2010 Baltic Cruise. You need to keep you eye out for something in the future. Maybe the Magic will be sailing out of England in 2012 and you can do both! Hang in there.
Any idea when the 2012 cruise schedule will come out? Have a need to postpone our 2011 cruise to one year later (long term business reasons) and want to rebook something ASAP so we can get the staterooms we want.

I was going through the same thing just a couple of weeks ago. It coincided with the first anniversary of our cruise and homesickness is the perfect word. I ease by looking at webcams of the Port Canaveral area when the ships leave, I look at YouTube videos of other's trips and I read trip reports. It doesn't seem like much but it does help. Good luck, and you made a great choice. I'm currently in Vancouver for the the winter Olympics for work and the energy in this city is unbelievable. You'll have a great trip.

I think it is cool that your daughter chose the 2012 London olympics. Variety is very good. And what an extremely generous gift!

Homesick...that's exactly how I've been feeling. When will it go away? We just got back from the Magic this past Saturday and all I can think about it is going again. I too like a PP, have been watching the videos on youtube and doing all I can to stay involved. It's crazy! They just make your cruise so special you don't ever want to leave. Just my vote...I would have picked the cruise over Olympics:goodvibes

I was on the Magic back in December of '09. That cruise was a 21st birthday/ Christmas present from my parents. I miss it so much, so "homesick" is exactly what it feels like!

My parents let my brother and I decide what we wanted to do when we graduate from college next year, and we chose a Disney Cruise. My parents planned it on the Dream, so I'm really excited for that!

I can sympathize! We had to cancel our last vacation because DH took a huge hit with the economy. We were looking into a 2011 7-night on the Magic, but have now decided to wait for 2012 and the new ship. It is so far out that I feel like it will never get here. :sad2: But when it finally does, I know it will have been worth the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter