home, and got the Disney blues!

I can't believe we have been back a week! Still feel in touch though through reading other posts; and have realised how much we didn't do! Something to look forward to...!
Anyway, 25th we had a lunchtime res at Le Cellier. We had chosen lunchtime, because DS wanted the Maple chicken. We arrived and were seated quickly, and contrary to other reports, we had a lovely booth to ourselves, and no-one beside us untill we had nearly finished our meal; and then not too close, so all good:thumbsup2
We all ordered, and I tried a smoothie,(yummy!) and kids had milkshakes, which were all included in the DDP, no refillsb ut the server then bought up sodas which were refillable at no extra charge!:)
DH ordered the cheddar soup (nice), followed by the fillet(he loved it); DS and DD had the maple chicken(good), DD2 went for the Chef's favourite; she had sausage/burger and mousse(good, but too much for her, DH finished it off!), and I had the NY strip, mainly because of the dauphanoise potatoe. Everyone loved their meals 'cept me as my steak was really grisley and fatty! So dissapointed! Actually, the meat I could eat was good, though a tad more towards blue than rare.
Desserts were 2x mousse, (dd's) sorbet(dh) choc whiskey cake(me!) and smores (ds)
Sorry, forgot pics untill dessert!
DSC01696.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

WDW2009083.jpg

Should've gone for the smores, as the cake was lovely but very rich!
Our server was lovely, and apart from my steak it was a nice lunch. We would definitely go back, but maybe for dinner. x

Hi,
Cold and wet outside, so definitely need a Disney fix, ......

26th Aug. Now this started as quite a cloudy day. (Still warm of course) We were down to go to Blizzard Beach on our itinerary, so that's where we headed. The cloud didn't lift though, so by 12ish, we were in 2 minds as to whether to stay, or go to a park(DS) or go shopping(DD's!)
We eventually decided to leave, but were undecided what to do, so went back to OKW for lunch.
DH still wasn't happy with our location, and it was now beginning to impact on the holiday, so I went in to see if I could get us changed. Fortunately, there was a really helpful CM, and though it took a while, she managed to change our room to just opposite the Hospitality, overlooking the lake and golf course. Result, one very happy family! Everyone was really pleased with the change. so we spent the next hour or so changing rooms..
The view from our balcony
DSC01711.jpg

DSC01710.jpg

This was about 6.30am, the following morning. I really miss waking up to this:)

Anyway, we had a 6.15pm res at 1900 Park Fayre, so we made our way over to the GF. I love this hotel!

These were the flowers in the lobby!
DSC01713.jpg

There was a bit of a mix up. We were called to our table, and then when we got there it wasn't ready, so we had to go out and wait again; which meant we weren't seated untill after 7pm. Wasn't really a problem though, but then DD wouldn't eat anything! I don't know if it was because she was tired, but she wouldn't even try anything! The Server was really good though, and didn't take a ts for her, and didn't even charge us for her drinks.:)
Apart from that, the rest of us enjoyed the meal, but I forgot the strawberry soup! Didn't remember 'till the following day!
The Characters' were really good, but the highlight was the Last Waltz, when Cinderella dances with the Prince. Anastasia made a beeline for DS, and started dancing with him! It was hysterical! DD took many photo's but they all turned out blurred because she was laughing so much!
After, when we left we were going to go shopping, but I managed to get the map wrong, we missed the turn off, and ended up going through a toll on the way back to the airport! By the time we turned around, we decided it was probably best to head back to OKW!

Jules x

Thanks for the update+great pic's again :thumbsup2.Nice of the CM to change your room-the view looks amazing.I am yet to try S'mores,hopefully in 2011 i will.x.

Thanks for the update+great pic's again :thumbsup2.Nice of the CM to change your room-the view looks amazing.I am yet to try S'mores,hopefully in 2011 i will.x.

DS would recommend! The picci above was the before, and this:-

WDW2009085.jpg

was the 'after', and none of us got a look-in!:laughing:

Jules x

Loved your TR. Sooo glad my kids are dino-phobic though:)

We got back from 2 weeks at AKL just over 3 weeks ago and I am still homesick! OKW looks lovely, and is where we are thinking of staying when we go back in 2011 (if I can wait that long!) It looks gorgeous on your photos!
By the way, on top of the chocolate cake in one of your photos was a hard candy Mickey-head shaped thing - now I KNOW they are edible but those things nearly broke our teeth!

we watched the shuttle launch from OKW too, we didn't make it too the bridge , but ran over the road onto the bank of the river. It was amazing, especialy the separation of the 'bits'.

glad you had a great time . i was upset on our last day as i didn't want to come home :sad1:

Hi! 27th Aug and DH's birthday!
We were up earlyish, and went to DHS where DH picked up his birthday voucher. Then straight into the park to FP Toy Story Mania. Man! Was ever a ride so aptly named!! One afternoon we were there, and the standby queue was 2hs 10mins! Now surely it would be mania to wait that long especially with small kids! (or am I just remembering mine? 2 mins after leaving home, wherever we were going, "are we there yet?:))
Then over to my favourite ride, Tower of Terror, where we walked on, only DS and DD2 bottled it at the last moment! Checked out RRC, standby was too long, and we couldn't FP it yet; so we wandered around, and saw these guys:-
DSC01719.jpg

They were great!

We were feeling a bit peckish, and needed an early lunch, so went to the ABC com where DH and DS tried the curry. Not too impressed I have to say! I had the chicken Bleu, which was ok, DD1 had the burger, and DS the fish, all just ok, so not sure we would choose to go there again.
Afterwards, we decided to go back to OKW as DH wanted some pool time. DD1 saw a black snake in the bushes. I thought she was kidding, but when I asked the lifeguard, he said they knew about it, but it wasn't dangerous:eek:
I still decided to tell the people that were sunbathing nearby, because I would want to know!!
Anyway, we had a res for afternoon tea at the GF, so we left to get ready. We arrived, and were given a table by the window. There is a lovely atmosphere in the Garden View Lounge, it's really relaxing, and so refined!! We decided on our tea, (gardenview blend for me and the kids.DH had earl grey:sick:,but it was his birthday!)
DSC01738.jpg
DSC01740.jpg

DH, DD1 and I all went for the Buckingham Palace tea, though the server kindly changed the sandwiches to tuna, and Ham and cheese for DD. DS went for the Sally Lunn, and DD2 didn't want a tea, so went for the Lemon Pound cake
Sally Lunn tea
WDW2009152.jpg

Buckingham Palace
DSC01739.jpg

DD's Tuna/cheese and ham
DSC01741.jpg

DD2's Lemon Pound cake
DSC01740.jpg

She was given 2 huge slices!
Scones and jam tart
WDW2009155.jpg

Sally Lunn trifle
WDW2009160.jpg

Selection of pastries
DSC01752.jpg

DH got to choose 3, because it was his birthday, the rest of us got 2!
DSC01754.jpg

All very yummy, and would highly recommend!!
Afterwards, when we paid the bill, the server gave DD'S and I a beautiful pink rose each!
DSC01761.jpg

We wandered around the GF after that, and there was a bridal party there. The bride looked gorgeous! Then DS went off to Epcot, and we went shopping as DH had some dollars from us and my mum to spend!
Later in the eve, we met up with DS at Epcot, as we had a res at Teppan Edo
Our Chef
WDW2009166.jpg

It was a good evening, but to be honest I found the food a bit bland!
This was DS's dessert green tea pudding
WDW2009167.jpg

He didn't like the sauce. I thought it looked like a mouldy creme caramel!! I didn't have dessert, and DH and DD'S went for ice cream.
We came out about 10.30, and it was raining lightly. It was lovely walking back through a deserted Epcot, as it wasn't cold.All the lights and fountains were still on, so it was quite magical. The perfect end to a perfect day!

28th Aug
We had a 10.30 ADR at Chef Mickeys' as I thought we would all be feeling a bit tired after yesterday. As it happened, DS and I were ready earlier than the others, so decided to go to MK, and meet up for breakfast.
We got there about 9.15, and it was really quiet!

DSC01768.jpg

The last time we were here earlier in the week, there was a crane behind the castle, so I was glad to get this shot!
We walked through the castle to Fantasyland, and managed to ride Winnie the Pooh, Smallworld, Peter Pan, and the Teacups, before we made our way back to the Contemporary to meet the others.
We were seated quickly, and after having a quick look at the buffet, I realised I would have to ask if there was rosemary in anything. (I'm allergic!)
Server seemed a bit put out, but came back about 15mins later and said I only had to avoid the breakfast lasagne, which I did! They also had crispy creme donuts here. Yum!!:thumbsup2
The characters' were walking round, and they were all good except Mickey! We barely got a wave from him, no chance of a photo! Luckily the others were more obliging!
DSC01774.jpg

DD's
We all really enjoyed the food here, and would def go back
By the time we left it was getting very hot, so DH and DD's went back to the pool,and DS and I got the monorail to the transportation centre and then got a bus to AK.
Again, not too busy, but sooo hot! We FP EE, but the single rider line was empty, so we went on there... and I may have to change my name tag to something like... woohoo!ee (work in progress:))
We wandered around, but it was too hot, even the tigers were knocked out!!
WDW2009107.jpg

So we used our FP:woohoo: and then made our way back to OKW.
Another view from our balcony.
DSC01779.jpg

I loved the way it changed throughout the day

Jules x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter