home, and got the Disney blues!

iluvtot

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Well we are well and truly back. Arrived home about 9.30am on Saturday; and the kids were all back to school today, with DH back at work aswell.
Am I the only one who finds coming home so.... I don't know, grey?!
Our 11 days at OKW flew by, and we had a fab time after a bit of a shakey start. First time we had flown indirect, and it was a nightmare! We arrived at Gatwick armed with our boarding passes, (as we had booked in on line the night before) to be told our connecting flight from Philadelphia to Orlando had somehow been changed to the following day! Not a good start, and it went from bad to worse. I have written a complaint to USAirways, and are waiting to hear their response.
Anyway, we finally got to OKW, and I was really pleased to find everywhere wasn't as busy as I expected!
Highlights, for DH watching the shuttle launch from the bridge at OKW (we were all too tired so he went on his own); and his birthday; afternoon tea at the Garden View in the GF, and then dinner at TeppenEdo
DD's loved the show put on by the ugly sister's at 1900 Park Fare, and of course the shopping! DS loved the dessert party,(I managed to book it when it was extended) and the fireworks.
Me? I just loved being with my family in my favourite magical place!
Have some photo's to post later, and other stuff. Will leave you with this gem I heard from a little lad waiting to go into "It's tough to be a bug"
He was standing outside the doors posing in his 3-D specs for his dad to take a photo. Dad said "OK, fine" Little son responded " No Dad, I think I blinked!":rotfl2:

Jules x

glad you had a good time, we leave on saturday, cant wait!
would love to see some of your photos if you want to post them!

Welcome home...We arrived back a few wks ago, & i already have a trip booked for October:rotfl2::rotfl2: We will have been there 5 times this year after the October trip:rotfl::rotfl: We stayed at OKW on the most recent trip,,It was fine but the October trip we will try the BW CL:thumbsup2

Have fun planning your next trip:)

glad you had a good time, we leave on saturday, cant wait!
would love to see some of your photos if you want to post them!

Thanks, and lucky you! Will try and upload some later, but will have to ask DS or DD for help:)
Have just seen your post about the castle. The crane was up when we first arrived, but luckily they took it down after a few days.
DS and I were really lucky one morning. We had a 10.35 adr at Chef Mickey, and as we were ready early and DD's and DH weren't, we went to Magic Kingdom first. It was really quiet, and we got a couple of nice shots of the castle. We then walked round to Fantasyland and rode the Pooh ride, Peter Pan, It's a Small World (had to be done:goodvibes) and the teacups in less than an hour!

Jules x

Welcome home...We arrived back a few wks ago, & i already have a trip booked for October:rotfl2::rotfl2: We will have been there 5 times this year after the October trip:rotfl::rotfl: We stayed at OKW on the most recent trip,,It was fine but the October trip we will try the BW CL:thumbsup2

Have fun planning your next trip:)

Thankyou:flower3:, and do wish we were going back so soon. SIL is going the end of the month, and just want to stow away in her luggage:)
We moved around alot last year; we had 2 days at POP, 5 days at Vero Beach (love it!)3 days at PORiverside(really nice), 1 night at the Boardwalk (loved the location), and then 5 days at SS; so it was quite nice to stay in one place this time!!:thumbsup2

Jules x

Hi,
Am I the only one who finds coming home so.... I don't know, grey?!

That was the first thing my husband said about coming home! He didn't want to go to WDW, but ended up falling in love with the place.

He also came home from Alton Towers the other week and the first words out of his mouth were - "it's not as good as Disney!"

The critical thing to reintroduce light into the grey post Disney World landscape is .... say it with me..... plan your next trip!

(I usually run the preliminary schedule past DH at the airport coming home, or maybe a day or two before we leave Florida!!)

Try making a photo DVD and if you have enough video of parades or fireworks shows make another one and add WDW music or music from Disney films as you edit it's a great way to relieve the blues. Maybe get a few photos printed and framed of special events from your trip and hang them around your home.

Don't forget your info will also be a great help to other Dibbers so don't feel shy about popping back in and discussing things we are always here to listen:hug:

The critical thing to reintroduce light into the grey post Disney World landscape is .... say it with me..... plan your next trip!

(I usually run the preliminary schedule past DH at the airport coming home, or maybe a day or two before we leave Florida!!)

Lol!:goodvibes Was thinking about it, but have just read thread that Disney have taken the 42% offer off their website:scared1:

Jules x

Try making a photo DVD and if you have enough video of parades or fireworks shows make another one and add WDW music or music from Disney films as you edit it's a great way to relieve the blues. Maybe get a few photos printed and framed of special events from your trip and hang them around your home.

Don't forget your info will also be a great help to other Dibbers so don't feel shy about popping back in and discussing things we are always here to listen:hug:

Ahh! Thanks:flower3:

We bought DS a digital photo frame last year, and that works quite well, also, I have framed my favourite photos over the years, and dotted them over the house. I can walk in a room, look at the photo, and am transported back to a happy memory:goodvibes

Jules x

Right! DS has finally finished downloading, (or uploading, not sure which) his photos and mine, so I now have a photobucket account so I can post some of them:thumbsup2

I don't really want to bore everyone, so will only post a few, and try to make them ones that haven't been done before.
I should introduce us first, Me, Jules 49, DH David(55 while we were away), DS George 17, and DD's twins Ellie and Mitzi 15
As I said, our flight over was a bit of a pain, but we arrived at the Beuna Vista Suites about 12.30am, absolutely shattered; so went to bed!
Next morning, we were up reasonably early, and had breakfast(buffet style, and included in the price) which was very nice, and then drove to OKW.
This actually worked very well for us, and we will do it again.This way, we didn't feel we had wasted any of our Disneytime! We were at OKW, and booked in about 10am, a bit later than I anticipated; but then straight off to Magic Kingdom. We just parked up the car, and caught the bus:goodvibes
Originally, I had put Animal Kingdom down as our first Park, but we all agreed it didn't feel real untill we'd been to MK, so that's where we went!!
The parade had just started!

DSC01692.jpg

This got us in the right mood! We wandered to frontierland, and FP Splash mountain. The queue for Big Thunder was only 10mins, so we did that, and then went over to ride Pirates!
By then, we could use our FP. DH and I found ourselves at the front. Big mistake!! We were totally drenched! Everyone else got off with a couple of splashes, but I looked like I'd fallen in!! DD's are hidden under their hoodies!
WDW2009072.jpg

I had to walk round MK looking like that!! And I was squelching!!:laughing:
Anyway, DD was hungry, so we went to get something to eat at Cosmic Ray's. We had to sit outside, as I was still trying to dry off! It was really good, but no photos I'm afraid, as we all just tucked in!!
Afterwards, we wandered around some more, just soaking it all up, and then about 3pm, made our way back to OKW. I had asked for the text when our room was ready, but didn't get it:confused3
Anyway, got our keys, and went to our rooms! Absolutely lovely, but DH hated we were so far away from hospitality!(Block54)
Got all the luggage in and it started raining, the kids were tired, so I cancelled our first ADR, (which was at Raglan Road), and we just drove to SS and got take out. I love the chicken and artichoke flatbread.;)
No photos as we were all tired, so early night!!

Jules x

Welcome back,glad you had a lovely holiday-great pics-i loved the parade :thumbsup2.x.

Welcome back,glad you had a lovely holiday-great pics-i loved the parade :thumbsup2.x.

Hi Michele!
Me too:thumbsup2 Got told off for dancing by DD though!
Just saw link to your TR, but can't seem to read all of it? Is there another link?
Your DD's are adorable!

Jules x

Pleased you had such a great time and I for one would love to see as many pics as you can handle posting.
Do you really think that people on the Dis can ever get bored hearing about, and seeing pictures of, their 2nd home?
No - I thought not :thumbsup2

Hi Michele!
Me too:thumbsup2 Got told off for dancing by DD though!
Just saw link to your TR, but can't seem to read all of it? Is there another link?
Your DD's are adorable!

Jules x

Oh i kept meaning to post an extra link on Day 1 and forgot-thank you for reminding me :goodvibes.Have now updated it.
But if you click here post 67 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1105616&page=5 it will take you to a page with up to day 10 on it :thumbsup2.Hopefully will be finishing it off soon.

Dd9 did'nt join in-when they get you from the crowd-but me+Dd4 did+danced with Woody :banana:.Dd9 was just shaking her head :laughing:+hubby filmed it.x.

Pleased you had such a great time and I for one would love to see as many pics as you can handle posting.
Do you really think that people on the Dis can ever get bored hearing about, and seeing pictures of, their 2nd home?
No - I thought not :thumbsup2

Ahh! Thankyou:flower3: But will probably have to poach some from DS. His are so much better than mine!

Jules x

Oh i kept meaning to post an extra link on Day 1 and forgot-thank you for reminding me :goodvibes.Have now updated it.
But if you click here post 67 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1105616&page=5 it will take you to a page with up to day 10 on it :thumbsup2.Hopefully will be finishing it off soon.

Dd9 did'nt join in-when they get you from the crowd-but me+Dd4 did+danced with Woody :banana:.Dd9 was just shaking her head :laughing:+hubby filmed it.x.

Will take a look!:thumbsup2
:dance3: woohoo! A kindred spirit! All I got was a very chilly "don't"!!

Jules x

Will take a look!:thumbsup2
:dance3: woohoo! A kindred spirit! All I got was a very chilly "don't"!!

Jules x

Hubby said she did'nt know where to look when i was doing the 'hoe-down' with the country dancers+the Jamboree bears :lmao:.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter