Hollywood Studios Expansion

HS is due for a makeover, but my biggest complaint with HS is the traffic flow on Sunset Blvd., it's awful! I wish they would open up another route or two to lesson the congestion. I hope some of this article becomes a reality, I think HS needs something, it's just too blah these days!

Well, if this is true, it looks like we will be getting mostly a whole new park. There are a lot of changes some of which are quite big. Interesting considering the new fantasyland and Avatar lands as well. Thats a lot of NEW. Wonder how much of this we will actually get.

The only dissappointments would be the closing of the pizza planet and the lights, motors action show because my kids love both....and although they could have done better with the icon, the hat isn't all that bad to me.

Cars land sounds great. I think that since they added in a lot of princess things in the new fantasyland, it makes sense to do cars for boys in DHS. I really think they should do Avatar land for the older crowd like teens, and DHS for boys.

I like DHS but it is my least favorite park other than Fantasmic and the little mermaid attraction. I really do think it needs a makeover so the changes sound great.

As far as the monsters inc coaster, when they say "suspended", does that mean it will go upside down?

Since the lead Immagineer for Carsland in Disneyland has now been reassigned to DW, it makes one wonder if he will be doing the same thing at the studios. They really do need some type of overhaul of that park.

Do we know who the project manager is for Avatar-land? Seems to me if they have someone experienced in this from CA bringing them into the next big expansion seems likely.

I would love for them to add Carsland (I've been telling DH this is what I think they will do) and an expansion for Star Wars. A monsters inc roller coaster is something I have been hoping happens. I'm not fond of changes to RRC or TOT though cause those are two of my favorite Disney rides, depending on the changes. I personally love the sorcerer hat so wouldn't really enjoy it leaving either. I personally don't think all of this stuff is true as I can't see them completely revamping pretty well 100% of the park. I don't want to see Pizza Planet changed into a muppet themed place either but I don't really see that happening myself. There is definitely a need for some changes in HS though and a lot of these would be awesome!

I really think they should have a new restaurant that would include pixar characters. A toy story character meal would be great.

All sounds good to me! Can't believe they would really get rid of the sorcerer hat though. Surely they could find a way to reimagine it into something new!

I agree, it has become such a focal point now although I do feel sorry for the Great Movie Ride theatre as you can't see it at all.

As far as the monsters inc coaster, when they say "suspended", does that mean it will go upside down?

A suspended coaster is one where the seats are suspended from the track above and your llegs dangle from the seat. Like the seats on the Harry Potter coaster (the former Duelling Dragons) at Universal. Suspended coasters don't have to go upside down I guess, but all the ones I know of do.

I'd be happy if they just moved the Sorcerer's Hat to an area of the park where it didn't block views and traffic. It could be just as much of an icon if it sat on the other side of the park.

IMO, the main thing DHS needs is more C- and D-ticket family rides. It can't be all thrill rides and shows.

DHS definitely needs some attention. I'd personally love the expansion of the Star Wars area, and that seems like a no-brainer. SW is going to be popular for each generation and shows no signs of waning.

I like the addition of a Cars Land, particularly since we have all the Fantasyland princess stuff at MK, but would prefer (if they asked me!) for something more like Disneyland Paris, where they have a Pixar Place with a green army man parachute drop ride, some Cars stuff, and Crush's Coaster among other things. Fun!!!

I'd also love a Star Wars or Pixar themed character meal. I still say Sci-Fi could be remade into a Cars meal (imagine sitting in Mater and having him interact with you while you eat!). Disney, please feel free to call me anytime about how to spend your money...!!!

All I can say is that if this does end up to be true...I REALLY hope Disney has something big up their sleeves for Epcot, because with New Fantasyland, Avatarland and now potentially Cars Land, Epcot will be the only one of the four WDW parks not having any significant work being done to it within the next few years, and it could really use the attention.

I know 'Test Track' is getting refurbished, but I don't really count that since Chevrolet, not Disney, is the driving force behind the project (no pun intended) and from what I've read on various sites, it seems like the refurb was actually forced on Disney because Chevrolet threatened to end their sponsorship if the attraction wasn't updated (apparently Disney didn't want 'Test Track' to be down while they were working on 'Big Thunder Mountain' and New Fantasyland over at MK at the same time, as well as for the Epcot 30th Anniversary this fall).

A suspended coaster is one where the seats are suspended from the track above and your llegs dangle from the seat. Like the seats on the Harry Potter coaster (the former Duelling Dragons) at Universal. Suspended coasters don't have to go upside down I guess, but all the ones I know of do.

Feet don't necessarily have to dangle.

The Big Bad Wolf coaster in Busch Gardens Williamsburg, had suspended but fully enclosed ride cars.

Thank You!!!:thumbsup2

I am surprised at how many of the responses to this are written as if this is actually happening. Personally this article seems to have more basis in fan speculation then in actual facts. The idea that there is a rights issue with the Chinese Theater is a well known urban legend and it's inclusion weakens the credibility of the article. Also, there already is a replica of the Carthay Circle Theater in DHS so I don't know why they would build another one, or remove the existing one just to re-built it.

DHS definitly needs work, and some parts of this might happen, but I see no reason to believe that this entire thing will happen. Personally I wouldn't want to see this entire idea implemented because to much of it copies DCA. DHS need to be it's own park with it's own identity.

When I started reading through the article I just couldn't help but think with every new paragraph that they are just putting together every rumor that has been said on boards much like this one over the past number of years all into one article.

There just seems to be wayyy to much work going on here for one park, especially since Avatar is the next project in line and won't be done until 2016. Also I'm sure cars land would be cool, but the main attraction in that land is basically already at Epcot in Test Track. No reason to have the same type of ride in two different parks with a different theme. Just doesn't make sense to me.

^^^^ This.

I have mixed feelings also. Definetly remove the hat and refurb the Great Movie Ride. Get rid of Lights, Motor, Action. I think a Pixar themed area would be great but not a whole Cars land. There are so many great Pixar movies. Add a few table and quick service locations with a character meal and that would be fantastic. I think the Star Wars area will draw a lot also. Right now, DHS is a half day park for us for sure.

The idea that there is a rights issue with the Chinese Theater is a well known urban legend and it's inclusion weakens the credibility of the article.

I can find blog and opinion posts saying its a legend and saying its not, do you have an authoritative source?

I believe the issue is marketing rights, not necessarily the right to still display the theater. I think Disney just wanted to rebrand the image of the park into something they had more control over.

I can also believe it may be a royalties issue, maybe disney has all the rights to use it, but stick it on a million t shirts and they'd owe more money to the owners, etc... (still basically a marketing rights issue).

I agree and I will add RnR to that. I love both of those so I hope they don't change them! Everything else sounds great!

RnR and ToT are also some of my favorite rides in all of WDW (along with Star Tours, The Haunted Mansion, Everest and Test Track)! Just don't change them very much (the random # of drops in ToT was a nice change, but these attractions don't need more change than that!) I'm dying to see the 2.0 version of Star Tours next January!!! That kind of change sure is welcome!

I'm on for everything EXCEPT Tangled The Musical. The songs weren't memorable and I don't think it deserves a show, especially replacing a classic movie like Beauty and the Beast.

I loved Tangled (it would certainly make a pretty funny show!) and as BatB will have its castle and village on MK it won't surprise me to see it go.

As for the rest, the inclusion of more Star Wars would be great, specially the Cantina. Monsters Inc. Coaster would be awesome! I just wouldn't be much into Cars Land as that is by far my least favorite Pixar movie and I'd much prefer more things related to other Pixar movies and/or other Disney films.
We're getting Jack Sparrow, but maybe, in addition to Tangled we could get something of next year's Frozen or this year's Wreck-It Ralph (I'm dying to see this movie! :cool1:). Wreck-It Ralph maybe would be a better fit to an attraction at Epcot (maybe something in Innoventions), but would certainly be a cool attraction anywhere!

I'd love something from The Avengers, but with IoA I find that hard to believe!

Thanks for posting the link. Any upgrades to DHS will be welcome! The area were cars land would go is in desperate need of improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter