Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

Well, this has been a banner week for me. Around 2:30pm yesterday, I was walking the kids from a special to the classroom and I suddenly felt dizzy, got shortness of breath and palpitations. When we got back to the room, I put my head between my legs. It didn't help. I got someone to dismiss my class and left. By the time I got home, I had diarrhea. I took a shower, and nearly fainted. I opened the bathroom window and quickly rinsed off with the shower door open. DD took a rapid test before leaving for work this morning. She has COVID. So much for the vaccination and booster. I called DH at work and told him to get tested. We both tested negative on the rapid but apparently they are accurate less than 50% of the time. We got the PCR too and will get results in 2-3 days. If I don't have COVID, maybe it's the flu, but again, I got the flu shot which has always protected me. Whatever is going on with me, I feel miserable. I feel so lethargic and can barely walk from room to room without getting winded.

So, all of the fun activities I planned for next week are down the toilet, and much worse, our Christmas trip to see family in NY is cancelled.:sad:

Oh no!! I am so sorry. I hope you get well quickly and that you do not have COVID.

Well, this has been a banner week for me. Around 2:30pm yesterday, I was walking the kids from a special to the classroom and I suddenly felt dizzy, got shortness of breath and palpitations. When we got back to the room, I put my head between my legs. It didn't help. I got someone to dismiss my class and left. By the time I got home, I had diarrhea. I took a shower, and nearly fainted. I opened the bathroom window and quickly rinsed off with the shower door open. DD took a rapid test before leaving for work this morning. She has COVID. So much for the vaccination and booster. I called DH at work and told him to get tested. We both tested negative on the rapid but apparently they are accurate less than 50% of the time. We got the PCR too and will get results in 2-3 days. If I don't have COVID, maybe it's the flu, but again, I got the flu shot which has always protected me. Whatever is going on with me, I feel miserable. I feel so lethargic and can barely walk from room to room without getting winded.

So, all of the fun activities I planned for next week are down the toilet, and much worse, our Christmas trip to see family in NY is cancelled.:sad:
Oh no, so sorry to hear this. Hope what ever it is passes quickly, and that you are all ok.

W
I just picked up covid tests from the kids school. We decided that we all will test before going to my moms for Christmas. My anxiety is super high again with this. I was able to get the test for free. I did get 4 from the high school and another 4 at the kids old elementary school just so I have some on hand just in case someone starts to not feel good over break. Tests are very hard to find here right now. Thankfully our school district has not been hit hard yet. My moms (specifically her school) has been hit hard and they don't have any tests. It took a little but for us to find tests for my mom so her and my step dad can test. Our state yesterday was 1300 higher then the day before which brought us to just over 11,300.

With my anxiety being high DH made me walk outside with him at our lunch. I was planning on getting on the treadmill instead. He knew it would be good for me to get some fresh air and some sun. It is a bit cold today though. But I went with him anyways. Yesterday we had temps in the 60's and today they are in the 30's. The walk did do me good. DH has been great. He is not where I am at all. He is at the point where he is just going to go on with normal life and just use precautions. I am almost at the point of locking myself in again but trying to talk myself out of it. One minute I am fine and I am where my husband is and then the next I am ready to lock down. I ma so ready for this all to be over.

It’s very stressful, isn’t it? But remember being vaccinated should hopefully prevent serious illness.

I am so sorry to hear this! Your symptoms sound awful. Is your daughter ok? Take care of yourself and hoping you all feel better soon.
She called me after she got the results and burst into tears. I was so weak that she insisted on driving me to get tested, but I wanted her to calm down first. I didn’t want her to drive upset. She has a sore throat and upset stomach, but nothing severe

I am trying to accept reality. We were so looking forward to seeing family, but we will try to plan something after we recover and it’s safe.

This too shall pass.

:hug:
Hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon.

So far today has rain and an overcast that is so thick that it looks like evening outside and is disorienting. I’ve done my early errands and I think I have all of the Christmas foods purchased except the perishables which I’ll get early Weds. I think the rest of the day will be sitting and knitting wrapped up in a throw with candles lit to push back the dark.

A little late today, sorry!

What is your favorite Christmas present that you gave someone? Something you couldn’t wait to give and see them open?

My older sister and parents lived in Cuba for a year when she was very young. When I was going through my mother’s things after she died I found a beautiful Cuban silver coin from the year they lived there. I took it to a jeweler and had it made for my sister so she could wear it as a pendant. She was so surprised and thrilled! We were both teary. Good memories of other gifts, but that’s one of my favorites.

Last edited:
A little late today, sorry!

What is your favorite Christmas present that you gave someone? Something you couldn’t wait to give and see them open?

Probably a Christmas sweater for my mom when I was a teenager. (This was years before the "ugly" sweater craze, something more subtle she would actually wear to work.) It was the first year I had a lot of babysitting money and could buy "real" presents for my parents, and I knew she wouldn't spend that much on herself.

Probably a Christmas sweater for my mom when I was a teenager. (This was years before the "ugly" sweater craze, something more subtle she would actually wear to work.) It was the first year I had a lot of babysitting money and could buy "real" presents for my parents, and I knew she wouldn't spend that much on herself.
The first year you have your own money to buy Christmas gifts is so special!

When I was a pre-teen I bought my Mom a pitcher and glasses set from the drug store that was walking distance from the house, so I had gone on my own to get it and had kept it hidden under my bed. It was harvest gold glass, all the rage at the time along with avocado green, and I was so proud of it. I was devastated when she didn’t even act surprised to get it, evidently she had found it at some point.

In my early 30’s I had purchased a cream colored crew neck sweater and then did kind of a cross stitch embroidery with crewel weight yarn of some large flowers along the neck and down the front. For totally making something up it turned out really well, and my Sister was kind of overwhelmed by it.

Around that same age I got my brother Tom’s name one year and he refused to give a list. I was so frustrated I ended up getting him some green and red plaid golf pants, and oversized red polo and a skinny green tie. It was a total hit when he opened it, then he returned it and got himself some really nice shoes, which I was totally fine with.

When I was a pre-teen I bought my Mom a pitcher and glasses set from the drug store that was walking distance from the house, so I had gone on my own to get it and had kept it hidden under my bed. It was harvest gold glass, all the rage at the time along with avocado green, and I was so proud of it. I was devastated when she didn’t even act surprised to get it, evidently she had found it at some point.

In my early 30’s I had purchased a cream colored crew neck sweater and then did kind of a cross stitch embroidery with crewel weight yarn of some large flowers along the neck and down the front. For totally making something up it turned out really well, and my Sister was kind of overwhelmed by it.

Around that same age I got my brother Tom’s name one year and he refused to give a list. I was so frustrated I ended up getting him some green and red plaid golf pants, and oversized red polo and a skinny green tie. It was a total hit when he opened it, then he returned it and got himself some really nice shoes, which I was totally fine with.
These are great!

Also keeping @Summer2018 and family in my thoughts.

Currently having breakfast at the beach and happy to report the cloud cover has lifted some and there are bits of blue sky poking out. Such a relief.

Today is going to be pretty low key, biggest thing will be planning out the week. I want to do something special and celebratory each day and also something to get ready for the weekend. I might start by making the Chex party mix today. I’ve decided to take Thursday off and that’ll be pie day.

It’ll be a good week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter