Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the December 2021 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Challenge!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers! So introduce yourself, post your personal goals, and join in the fun!

We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WooHoo Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday,
Free For All Friday,
Social Saturday, &
Self-Care Sunday.

This month's hosts are:
12/6-12/12 PollyannaMom
12/13-12/19 sjrec
12/20-12/26 ("wing it" holiday week)

12/27-1/2 Summer2018

Intro:
Nicole, 51, Massachusetts, USA

Goals:
:santa: include healthy foods (and smaller portions of treats) in holiday plans
:santa: pace myself in holiday preparations, and remember to breathe
:santa: drink enough water (I've not been doing well with that lately)

Last edited:
Good morning!

I’m Sandy from Pa and Ocean City, Md.

My goal this month is to maintain my weight and not add any pounds to those pesky ones I have gained over the past year. I will enjoy holiday events balanced by minding my portions and making some old WW favorite recipes.

Drink more water! I need to buy more sparkling water so I don’t reach for a Diet Coke at 3:00.

Walk at least 5x times a week.

Hello... Lizanne here.

December is going to be a 'back to basics' month for me. Focusing on the daily simple pleasures and doing all the little things for healthy living, like drinking enough water and getting enough protein. Getting out for walks when I can, picking up after myself as I move thru the house so I don't get overwhelmed, having craft nights with the TV turned off, cuddling the kitties.

A couple big things happening this week, tomorrow I ride the bus and go in to the office for the first time. Friday we have another team get-together. Lot of shifts happening, with new patterns and things to do.

Topic Tuesday ~

Since a lot of us mentioned drinking more water in our goals this month, let's make that our Tuesday topic:

Why do you drink water? Do you like it plain or do you add fruit or flavorings? What do you notice when you drink enough vs. when you don't?

View attachment 628669

Topic Tuesday ~

Since a lot of us mentioned drinking more water in our goals this month, let's make that our Tuesday topic:

Why do you drink water? Do you like it plain or do you add fruit or flavorings? What do you notice when you drink enough vs. when you don't?

I like water. I don't need any additives in order to drink plenty of it. I am always thirsty because I take a water pill for my so-called high blood pressure. If I don't drink enough water, I get dizzy and could faint. So, in my case, I have no choice but to drink a lot of water. When I had a full-time para, it was a non-issue because I always had someone to watch the class when I had to use the bathroom which was located in the classroom. It is now a challenge because even though I still have a bathroom in my classroom, I have very limited paraprofessional assistance if any now that I teach kindergarten. So, I find myself not drinking quite as much water as in previous school years, but probably still more than the average person does.

Hi I am Stephanie, 42 from North East Ohio. I am with everyone else on drinking more water. I am indifferent about water. I found I drink it better when it is ice cold. My problem is that I am just never thirsty. There are days I get home from work and realize I hadn't drank anything all day. I have gotten better and get about 10-20 oz a day but need to do better. My biggest issue is having to go to the bathroom more often. I can go at any time unless in a meeting, but that isn't very often. I just get annoyed with going so often. Also, I am pretty sure I get more headaches when I don't drink enough water. At work whenever I say I have a headache my team also tells me to drink water because they know I have not had enough.

I was told yesterday that water is the best thing for your uterus. I had a small procedure done yesterday morning (nothing big) and I knew it would cause cramping. The doctor said that drinking a lot of water would be the best thing to help with the cramping. Advil would help too but water would help the most. I tried to drink water yesterday but was not very good at it. When I am not feeling great I drink even less. I ended up taking a half day because sitting was much worse then laying down or standing. I spent the rest of the day laying flat on the couch. I am much better today.

Linda, empty nester from the Pacific Northwest. December goal is just to keep plugging away making healthy choices.

I absolutely love water straight from the tap. I drink tons of it all day long.

Yesterday I had jury duty so spent the entire day at the courthouse. I didn't bring a water bottle so hardly drank anything. I didn't notice anything terribly different, which seems odd, but it is what it is. Today I am back at work/life as usual so will be filling my water bottle several times!

I like plain water as well, and feel "foggy" if I forget to have some. I'm trying to up my intake right now because the dry air (with the heat on lately) is doing a number on my skin.

I was best about water years back when I worked at an office in the city. I probably filled my water bottle 4 times a day then - for the train ride in, the morning at my desk, lunch/afternoon, and the train ride home. I'm not that good now, but I try to fill it at least twice.

We have good, cold water out of the tap. My husband bought us new water bottles that keep the water very cold. I like the shape and size of the bottle (taller and thin) because it’s easier to take places with me. And I like a glass of sparkling water with a slice of fruit in the evening. Along with all the health benefits, I have read that when we think we’re hungry, what we need is to hydrate. I need to remember to drink water before getting into snacks.

I like water straight-up and we are also fortunate to have nice tasting water straight from the tap... I like it cold but don't add ice. My goal is to drink 60 to 70 ounces per day, but I'm much better during work days when I'm sitting here at my desk. I've tried different vessels, but the one that works best for me is using a Starbuck's iced venti cup with the lid. That's 20 ounces, so 3 or 4 of them a day.

If I'm low on water I feel it in stiffness thru out my body and in my feet in particular. If I'm really dehydrated I'll get a headache and feel dizzy.

I prefer flavored water to plain. I try to do a minimum of 22 ounces plain water a day. The goal is an additional 40 ounces beyond that that is a combo of plain, seltzer, flavored seltzer, flavored with green tea extract, plain with flavor drops (mio, crystal light) etc.
If I dont drink enough my heart rate speeds up. Next day I'll get a big old headache.
When I work in the office it's much easier for me to meet my water intake goals, walking to get more water is a social occasion.

Woohoo-I tried that Skinnyfied pasta recipe and we really liked it. I added more spinach and tomatoes and found I needed to bake it longer. And I have leftovers.

Woohoo-as part of my ongoing clearing out efforts I was going through old purses before donating them and I found 80.00 in one of them!!

Woohoo-got the last of the leaves raked on to a tarp and dragged to the curb. Must have made 10 trips back and forth so talked myself out of a walk (and it’s cold!). Going to play some Christmas music and wrap some gifts.

Been sitting here trying to think of some things to be woohoo-y about... it isn't that things are awful just not all that exciting.

Woohoo... I was able to fix my vacuum cleaner, the suction had completely stopped. I watched a You-tube on how to take it apart and check for blockages, and when I did that the belt fell out because it had broken.

Woohoo... it didn't rain all day yesterday, altho the sun never did make an appearance... it's going to be basically the same today. Ah, winter in the PNW.

Woohoo... in the past three days I've had three packages mis-delivered and the neighbors who got them all brought them over. I've also had to re-deliver one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter