Holiday "W.I.S.H."es - December 2021 thread

Shanny, you may be right.

I am coming to accept that our Christmas will not be what we hoped for and planned on…and however it goes is okay. We are alive. Nobody is in seriously bad shape, just uncomfortable. We will focus on what we are thankful for.

My prayer is for all of you to have the best Christmas and New Year that you can possibly have.

Well, in spite of everything, presents are wrapped, I’ve done my grocery shopping and have cookie dough made. Will make some cookies later today.
Woohoo, my son in law tested negative. Still waiting on my daughter’s dr results (her home test was positive).
The sun is shining and it’s a good day to get out and walk.

Well, in spite of everything, presents are wrapped, I’ve done my grocery shopping and have cookie dough made. Will make some cookies later today.
Woohoo, my son in law tested negative. Still waiting on my daughter’s dr results (her home test was positive).
The sun is shining and it’s a good day to get out and walk.
:hug:

Woohoo the texture is finally going on! At least I hope that's what's happening out there. Everything is masked off so can't see, but there's a lot of activity in that room. We are delayed a couple days because the mud wasn't drying as timely as we'd hoped. Hellooo!! Rain, no heat, what did we expect?!

Wahoo I had breakfast with my walking partners this morning. We do that twice a year. Our usual location was take out only, which we hadn't realized until we were there. Went to an alternative place and it was yummy.

Wahoo DS2 proposed to his sweetie last night and she said yes!

Wahoo I have a healthy meal in the crockpot and plan to walk later when the workers are gone.

Woo-hoo-ho-ho-ho!

First day of my holiday stay-cation! I had every intention of sleeping in but Miss P had other ideas. She's started getting me up in the morning's and I think she's learned that the Hatch light coming on and the birdies chirping means I'm going to get out of bed. Tomorrow I'm going to set it to come on at 7:30am and see what she does.

I started the day cleaning the kitchen and I've just made my second to last trip to the grocery store. Today is cookie baking day and I'm going to give royal icing a try for the first time ever. I've been studying up on how to handle it, so we'll see how it goes. Tomorrow will be Jell-O day, fruit salad day and pie dough day. Making the pie dough from scratch and the recipe says to let it rest/chill overnight and then Friday it is just dump the mincemeat in and bake it: Friday it is also putting the charcuterie plate together day... they aren't coming over 'till 2pm, so I think I can handle it.

Its gingerbread decorating day and getting veggies ready. Bacon for the greenbeans just finished baking.
Unfortunately have to move our Christmas eve visit with my parents to new years eve. Both of my parents have a nasty chest cold and my dad doesn't want to make the kids sick. By next week they should be good so we'll just go then. It stinks but what can ya do? Froze a couple gingerbread cookies so we can bring those when we visit.
The kids are already arguing...vacation is going to be loooong

So, thankful Thursday it is.

Yesterday my Sister pulled out of coming for Christmas. Initially I was angry, because she's made up some fictional winter storm and freaked herself out about it... like she would die in a car wreck and her cats would freeze and starve to death. I felt my feelings and then have let it go, except for concern that she's doing this kind of thinking, again. I'm thankful I've gotten better at processing these types of things.

I'm still planning on going over to my SIL's Friday, but my Christmas prep plans have changed: I'm still making cookies, mostly so I can play around with the frosting, and I'll put together a small fruit salad and bake the pie, but nothing else. And I am kind of grateful that the gathering is now down to just two households, to reduce exposure risk.

There is a 50% chance of snow here Sat/Sun, and I'm grateful for that... it will be so nice to relax and just enjoy it.

I am also grateful that my New Year's plans don't rely on my Sister in any way. This morning I got a reservation reminder from the PT hotel and I had booked 12/30 to 1/2, so three nights not two. I'm going to keep it that way and shift my extra day off from Monday 1/3 to Thursday 12/30 and make a proper trip out of it. I got my favorite room again, the only thing that could make it better would be if it had a fireplace.

It is not raining at the moment, so I'm going to bundle up and go down to the park for a walk... thankful for a bit of dry sky.

Thankful for sunshine at the moment. It didn't rain during my morning walk, but there were some "lakes" blocking the path in a few spots. The many detours made it interesting.

Thankful I finished wrapping the last few presents this morning. Had to get creative with one or two "boxes" but it all worked out!

Need to do some meal planning and hit a grocery store today. There is a possibility of snow in a couple days plus cold all week so I won't want to go out. Bundling up at home is just so cozy! Also need to clean house again. The workers have created a lot of dust and we're tracking it everywhere! Someone is here now priming the ceiling. He'll finish then come back in a couple hours when that's hopefully dry and then he can paint. Then the house should be ours until Monday! I'm looking forward to that!

A bit of good news to report...my dad's chest xray is clear so confirmed his issue is bronchitis and not pneumonia! Still contagious for another couple days so the visit is still postponed but at least he'll likely be feeling better fairly quickly!

Anyone else sore days after a workout? I did a couple blogilates 5 min workouts like two nights ago and my thighs still hurt!

DH is picking up dinner tonight...take out two nights in a row. But had the pizza place cut the pizza into 16 slices instead of 8 (so eating two slices=1) and going to get a kids meal tonight so yay portion control.

My daughter did test positive for covid, but she’ll be 10 days past her first day of symptoms on Sunday, so we’ll do Christmas then. So thankful she is feeling better-just battling fatigue which is normal.
So we’re on Plan B or C here, which is fine.

Oneanne, your trip sounds lovely. This is the hotel on the water, right? Shanny, sorry your parents are sick-we had several Christmases over the years where someone was down for the count. Glad it’s not pneumonia. PollyannaMom, do you have your son home? I’m jealous of your home improvements, glassful!
Sounds like we’re all adjusting/tweaking our plans this year. So, so much better than last year, though!

I was not woohoo yesterday. So nothing on that front. The reason why is my grandma, who has had alzheimer's for the last 20ish years, passed away yesterday. I always thought that I grieved years ago when she no longer remember anyone but yesterday and today have been rough. I am still cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner today for DH's family. DH has been asking if I want to cancel but I don't. My grandma loved Christmas and cooking and baking. I will make it though. Thankfully it is at our house and I can step away to my room if I need to at any time if I need a moment.

I am thankfully that my grandma is no longer suffering and is with my grandpa that passed last year. I am also thankful for all the memories I have of both of them from the farm.

Tomorrow will be rough at my moms as it was her mom that passed and we will be going. We will make the best of it though.

I was not woohoo yesterday. So nothing on that front. The reason why is my grandma, who has had alzheimer's for the last 20ish years, passed away yesterday. I always thought that I grieved years ago when she no longer remember anyone but yesterday and today have been rough. I am still cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner today for DH's family. DH has been asking if I want to cancel but I don't. My grandma loved Christmas and cooking and baking. I will make it though. Thankfully it is at our house and I can step away to my room if I need to at any time if I need a moment.

I am thankfully that my grandma is no longer suffering and is with my grandpa that passed last year. I am also thankful for all the memories I have of both of them from the farm.

Tomorrow will be rough at my moms as it was her mom that passed and we will be going. We will make the best of it though.
I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

My daughter did test positive for covid, but she’ll be 10 days past her first day of symptoms on Sunday, so we’ll do Christmas then. So thankful she is feeling better-just battling fatigue which is normal.
So we’re on Plan B or C here, which is fine.

Oneanne, your trip sounds lovely. This is the hotel on the water, right? Shanny, sorry your parents are sick-we had several Christmases over the years where someone was down for the count. Glad it’s not pneumonia. PollyannaMom, do you have your son home? I’m jealous of your home improvements, glassful!
Sounds like we’re all adjusting/tweaking our plans this year. So, so much better than last year, though!
Piglet, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Sjrec, I'm sorry that your daughter tested positive, but I'm glad that her symptoms are not severe, and you will be able to celebrate soon. My DH's and my PCR came back negative, so it looks like I had the flu or another virus with similar symptoms. I am feeling better overall, and it looks like triple Moderna did the job to protect me at least for now...miraculous actually. I must be grateful for that...

It looks like we're all being flexible and making the most of our holidays. This year is by far better than last year. Last year we didn't even have the vaccine yet nor did we know if it would actually work. I held out hope and faith in the midst of doubters, and I got what I prayed so hard for in the end. I have very high hopes for the future and especially 2022. We are all truly blessed...

Merry🎄Christmas Eve!

:hug:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sending a Christmas hug your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter