Holiday Recipe Exchange sent/received thread....COMPLETED!

Meriweather said:
Columbus Day ;)

Oh ok, thanks. I am usually up on these things since I am an elementary school teacher! We don't have off, so it must have slipped my mind.

Merriweather and Scoutsmom you are both very welcome!! :wave: I'm glad you liked everything. I was worried I didn't send enough. (I always worry about not giving enough..DH thinks I'm :crazy: ) I really enjoyed this one and I'm already planning ahead for next years exchange!

On a more selfish note :rotfl2: I'm looking forward to receiving mine :Pinkbounc :bounce: Bummer about no mail tomorrow. I had forgot that. Oh well, I just wait a little more popcorn:: :surfweb:

Kimba

My exchange went out yesterday (Saturday), Priority Mail with DC. Reading through some of these I'm feeling a bit bad, too. I just started cooking, so I didn't include a ton of recipes, but the ones I did are tried and true, and my family can't live without them.

Hope my buddy will like it!

All of my DCs say the number is invalid. I mailed them on Friday. Maybe on Tuesday they will show some status.

sjh801 said:
Thank you to Rae Jean (powelljr) for a great exchange.

Recipes
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes :goodvibes
Easy Sticky Buns
6 Week Muffins (keeps in refrigerator so you can bake anytime :thumbsup2 )
Homemade Cracker Jack
Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie (like Girl Scout cookie)
Ritz Thin Mints (like Girl Scout cookie)
Easy No Bake cookie
Toffee Bars (with graham crackers; I have one with saltines)
Chocolate No Bake Cookies

All of the recipes look easy and are timesavers, something we all need! :thumbsup2

Included was a note telling where the recipes came from and how she uses them. My recipes were all packed in a box with 2 silicone round baking pans and 1 silicone muffin pan, Halloween kitchen towels and a pumpkin pie Yankee tart. I haven't tried any silicone baking pans yet, so now I can try them out.

Thanks again for the great exchange!

I am glad your exchange made it. When I saw the baking pans, I knew it was something I wanted to try, so I hope that they work well for you. I hope that you can use some of the recipes this year!

I hope you enjoy!

Mine is ready to go to the post office on Tuesday. Got out of work late on Friday and didn't make it. It will go priority with DC.

I hope people aren't feeling bad about what they sent. All that is expected is the minimum requirement. Everyone will be happy with that ::yes::
Some of us just get carried away ;) I get my extras early.....like the half price after holiday sale and save them for the next year. ::yes::

Glad to hear plans of a lot of mailing on Tuesday :teeth:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Breakfast Potato Casserole

Recipe By :Restaurant Akershus, Norway Pavilion, Epcot
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Vegetables

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 pounds diced potatoes
1 1/2 pounds shredded potatoes
4 ounces diced white onions
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
8 ounces shredded Jarlsburg cheese -- reserve half for topping
13 ounces Béchamel Sauce
8 ounces sour cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
5 ounces Milk

In mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well by hand.
Place in greased or casserole non-stick pan.
Sprinkle with reserved cheese on top.
Cover with waxed paper and then aluminum foil.
Bake in 350-degree oven for approximately 40 minutes.
Remove foil and paper for last ten minutes to brown top if desired. Enjoy!!!

Ok I'm mailing Tuesday now that I have seen the date has changed. I was going to run out to the airport to mail it tomorrow, but I will head to the PO before work on Tuesday :goodvibes

Meriweather said:
I hope people aren't feeling bad about what they sent. All that is expected is the minimum requirement. Everyone will be happy with that ::yes::
Some of us just get carried away ;) I get my extras early.....like the half price after holiday sale and save them for the next year. ::yes::

Glad to hear plans of a lot of mailing on Tuesday :teeth:

I have had so much fun with this! I'm pretty new to exchanges, so now I have a better idea. I can't wait till next year. Like I said, I'm fairly new to cooking so now I'm starting to build my own collection. It'll be fun to spend the year trying out new recipes to share! Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Meriweather said:
Sandy, I have the toffee one with the saltines too. Wow!! They are good.
Will one you post the one with the graham crackers please?

Will do tomorrow evening. I should be in bed! :crazy: I have to get up early tomorrow. I just finished up going over my workshop presentation for tomorrow's in service. :surfweb: It's a two hour presentation for K-3 teachers called "Primarily Computers!" Wish me luck!

mickeyfan2 said:
I got a great exchange from Trish Bessette. What a beautiful presentation for the recipes.

I got recipes for
Chicken Veggie Alfredo in the crock-pot
Crock-pot Pork Roast
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Pecan Butter Snow Balls
Peanut Butter Fudge

All sound great.

My extras were
Light up Christmas House
White cloth Santa beanbag
A snowman kitchen towel
A santa kitchen towel
Wilton mini Jolly Santa Baking paper cups
Wilton Christmas Tree sprinkle mix

We put the house on top of our TV. It looks great. DH asked me how this exchange worked so I explained that you sent recipes and then extras which might include ingredients for the recipes. He then ask so where is the chicken? :rotfl: :rotfl: Got to love him.;)

Glad you enjoyed everything!! Tell your DH I couldn't get the chicken to go into the box to be shipped :rotfl:

Trish

I got my package from Rae Jean (Powellrj) thank you so much!!! I got a ton of recipes plus 2 halloween kitchen towels, Pumpkin Pie YC tart and a 3 piece flexible silicone bakeware. I've never tried these so I'm curious to see how they work!!

I loved reading the notes you added about the recipes :thumbsup2

The recipes were:
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Sticky Buns
6 Week Muffins
Homemake Cracker Jack
Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Ritz Thin Mints
Toffee Bars

I'm planning on grocery shopping this week and start trying some of these!!

I didn't make it to the post office this weekend... and since there's no mail today, it'll be out tomorrow.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sparkling Butter Toffee Cookies

Recipe By :Land O' Lakes
Serving Size : 60 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter -- softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup English toffee bits
Sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy (1-2 minutes).
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Reduce speed to low. Beat until well mixed (1-2 minutes).
Stir in toffee bits by hand.
Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in sugar.
Place balls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass to 1 1/2" circle.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. (Do not overbake.)
Sprinkle with sugar while warm. Cool completely.

whoops! Wish I had checked the boards before I headed to the post office. Completely forgot it is Columbus Day.

I'll mail my packages tomorrow, I promise!

Trish Bessette said:
I got my package from Rae Jean (Powellrj) thank you so much!!! I got a ton of recipes plus 2 halloween kitchen towels, Pumpkin Pie YC tart and a 3 piece flexible silicone bakeware. I've never tried these so I'm curious to see how they work!!

I loved reading the notes you added about the recipes :thumbsup2

The recipes were:
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
Sticky Buns
6 Week Muffins
Homemake Cracker Jack
Chocolate Coated Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Ritz Thin Mints
Toffee Bars

I'm planning on grocery shopping this week and start trying some of these!!

I am glad that you like your package! This is one of my favorite exchanges. I hope that you can use the recipes and the bakeware. When I saw that you liked to bake I was hoping that these would work for you!

I hope that there were some of the recipes that you can use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter