Holiday Recipe Exchange sent/received thread....COMPLETED!

:yay: Glad it arrived....and you like it :)
I am a cookie baker too....that is why 1/2 the recipes are for cookies.
If you, or anyone else, wants more cookie recipes, let me know. I have over 3500 on my computer :eek:

The 18th?? :bounce: How long will you be there? Hope the pin brings you good luck....for a meet or a dream :)

:scared1: :scared1: I can't even begin to imagine 3500 different kind of cookies!!! Have you tried them all? Thats amazing!!!

:rotfl: Rae Jean....and that is only what is on the computer. Can't begin to imagine all the books and loose recipes I have.
But no, I have not tried them all. I wonder how long that would take?? :eek:
I do bake cookies for DH's workplace every week and almost never do the same recipe twice. Been doing that for about 9 years.

Any more arrivals?? I think at least one other that I sent was delivered today ;)
How is the sending going.....everyone getting ready? Monday is the day!! :hyper:

I received mine today from Meriweather!! :cheer2: Nancy, you spoil me!

I got a beautiful recipe packet bound and with a cute cover sheet, with recipes including:

antipasto salad
apple and cranberry pie
shortbread
caramel apple cheesecake - have to make this one soon!!
chocolate covered cherry cookies
christmas stockings
cinnamon sugar butter cookies
company swiss steak
cranberry bread
gingersnaps
5 - chip cookies
Holiday morning french toast - sounds good for this weekend, nevermind a holiday!
mallow topped sweet potatoes
orange sugar cookies
pecan sandies
ginger man cookies
potato soup in bread bowls - love this stuff
sausage and apple stuffing
stir and drop sugar cookies

Then, my package was brimming with all kinds of extras:
2 snowman potholders - so cute!
a snowman fingertip towel
snowman pen - :love:
mini stocking
candy canes
striped cotton towel with tree cookie cutter
angel cookie cutter
ghost and pumpkin cookie cutters
Halloween sprinkles - which my 16 y.o son already sprinkled on his ice cream tonight! I said, "those are for cookie decoration" and he laughed and said "and for ice cream too".
a spatula with trees embedded in it
a red whisk - needed one badly
cookie decorating bag and tips
fall leaf toothpicks
plastic tote bag with gingerbread men on it
gingerbread men on a tray decoration (ornament?)
a cookie ornament
4 pretty recipe bookmarks in Christmas designs
some plastic spiders (ewww.... the big one was scary and ugly!)
and some Hershey special dark chocolates, laffy taffy, and some other assorted chocolate candies that were loose. The most interesting ones were the melty circular candies that were in clear plastic. What were they? -- these liquified but remained totally in their wrappers! It was the strangest thing. I opened the wrapper and it literally poured out. That's the hot Florida sun for you, even in October it is in the 90's.

Thank you Nancy, I loved everything! :cloud9: An exchange from you is a bright spot in anyone's day. I can't wait to try some of these new recipes!

:yay: Glad it arrived, Marie. Enjoy!!
LOL...I guess sprinkles are for ice cream too. My DD agrees.
Those candies are Frangos. Mint ones. So good. They are super smooth....not usually as smooth as you received them though ;)
And yes, the cookies on the tray are an ornament. I couldn't resist. Anything cookie related I am drawn to.

I have one more that should arrive tomorrow ;)

And here is my recipe for tonight.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Zebra Coffee Dome

Recipe By :Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound milk chocolate
2 ounces espresso coffee
5 egg yolks
2 1/2 ounces sugar
6 sheets gelatin
4 ounces Kahlua liqueur
4 cups heavy cream
6 ounces white chocolate ganache
2 ounces dark chocolate ganache

Melt milk chocolate.
Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
Mix yolks with sugar.
Soften gelatin leaves in cold water.
Mix gelatin with Kahlua and coffee. Set bowl over hot water bath to dissolve the gelatin.
Fold 1/3 of whipped cream into the chocolate.
Add the yolks, then the gelatin mixture.
Fold in the rest of the cream.
Pour mousse in flexipan domes almost to the top.
Place sponge circle on top. Leave in the freezer to set.
Once hard, unmold and place in glazing racks.
Make white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache.
Put chocolate ganache in a pastry bag. Ladle white chocolate ganache to cover each dome. Simultaneously, pipe a stripe design of chocolate ganache over the dome.
Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
Decorate the bottom edge with coffee crunch.
Place a chocolate covered coffee bean on the center of each dome.

Frangos---I was wondering! They're really good. Had to hide the last one so DSs didn't eat it!

We'll be at POFQ from the 18-23, Merriweather. I know you're going near then--we leave the morning of the 23rd. We've never been on the FQ side before, but it's just DH and I for our 15th anniv. No kids! We won't know how to act.

Here's one of my favorite holiday recipes--makes a good gift, too, if you put it in a nice tin.

Sugared Nuts

1 large egg white
1 teaspoon water
4 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, etc)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Whisk egg white and water until frothy. Stir in nuts.
In another bowl, sift together sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add to nuts and stir until they are all coated.

Spread onto buttered cookie sheet.
Bake at 250' for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Cool completely.

We arrive at POFQ the 23!! What time are you leaving. We can meet in the lobby briefly, if it works. We usually are at POR and will also be without any kids :)

Frangos are yummy! They come in a bunch of different flavors. I still like the mint ones best ::yes::

Mail date has been changed to Tuesday!! Monday is a mail holiday :rolleyes:

It arrived Nancy!!! Wow, I am so excited.

I got an adorable Minnie Mouse dressed as a Fall leaf. She fits in great as our Halloween Decorations consist of any Disney Character dressed in another costume, so she has alot of company! I also got:
A report folder full of recipes. We are trying the Brown Sugar Shortbread tonight, I will let you know how it comes out. It's my kind of recipe (three ingredients)! :teeth: ;)
A Halloween votive candle holder with a black candle, bat's breath scent (smells like licorice)
Two Halloween Dish Towels
Two Halloween Pot Holders
A Trick or Treat Bag
Halloween Sprinkles
Gel Pens
Stamps
An Experiment Candy Kit
Mixing Spoons and Spatula
Snowflake Soap
Snowman notepad and book marks
Halloween Cookie Cutters!

Everything is wonderful! :cool1:

One question can the Stir and Drop Sugar Cookies be shaped with the cookie cutters?

Thank you for everything!!!!!!!!!! :love2:

Oops forgot to add lots of fall leaves (something we don't get here) and spiders and other bugs! :eek:

:yay: Glad it arrived Dyan :)
Enjoy!

The Stir and Drop are really moist, so no, they can't be rolled and cut.
But I can post one that can (I did that one because it has been my kids favorite for their whole lives....we just change the color sprinkles we use).

the shortbread cookies are yummy!! Simple is often best :) Can't beat a good shortbread.

Chocolate Ginger Cutout Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies

3 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water

In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
In a large mixing bowl beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add whole egg, corn syrup and milk. Beat well.
Beat in flour mixture, stirring in last part with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of the dough 1/8" thick. Cut with 3-4" cookie cutters.
Place on a greased cookie sheet.
Combine the egg white and water. Brush on cookie cutouts.
Bake 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly puffed and set. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
Pipe on decorator icing.

Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Formed

1 cup butter -- softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar -- plus extra for dipping
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Heat oven to 375°F.
Combine butter, powdered sugar and sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Reduce speed to low; beat until dough forms a ball (1 to 2 minutes).
Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1 1/2 inches with bottom of glass dipped in sugar; sprinkle with decorator sugars, if desired.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.

Christmas Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :Taste of Home
Serving Size : 96 Preparation Time :0:00
Rolled

1 cup butter -- softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon ground mace
1/8 teaspoon salt
white candy coating
greed paste food coloring

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, sour cream, honey and vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill 2 hours or until easy to handle.
On lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8" thickness. Cut with 3" cookie cutters dipped in flour.
Place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. remove to wire racks to cool.
Melt candy coating. Stir in food coloring. Drizzle over cookies.

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :polar-express
Rolled

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 drop butter flavoring
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, butter flavoring and almond extract.
Blend dry ingredients into creamed ingredients. Mix well.
Chill dough, if desired.
Roll out to 1/16" thickness, cut into desired shapes.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

Orangy Sugar Cookies

Recipe By :
Categories : Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter -- softened
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto waxed paper.
Beat together butter, orange peel and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in orange and lemon juices. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Chill several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll dough to a thickness of 1/6". Cut out with cookie cutters and place 1" apart on cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 minutes, until set and lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.

I have a good sugar cookie recipe--few ingredients--that remind me of the Eat 'n Park smiley cookies, if anyone's interested. I think that my be just a PA restaurant, but they're on the thicker side, and a little chewier.

My exchange arrived from Ann Marie(AlexWyattMommy). I got a box full of goodies :teeth: Thank you so much, I cannot wait to try out some of the recipies. Here is what I got:

Christmas Cookie Yankee Candle Car Jar(this is my FAVORITE scent)
4 cute holiday towels
floral table runner
Jello Instant Pudding
Christmas CD
Snowman Apron
California Vegetables

And the following recipies:
Pumpkin Pancakes, Pecan topped pumpkin muffins, Pumpkin cheesecake bars, Maple sweet potatoes, Mini Florentine cups, party roll ups, Savory bruschetta, Savory parmesan bites, BAKERS'S ONE BOWL Chocolate truffles, Gingerbread people, No-oven peanut butter squares, pinwheel cookies, Avocado salsa, Garlic snap peas, Japanese fried rice, Sweet corn tomalito,Roasted red pepper soup, Iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dreessing, baked cheese grits, & creamy shells with cheese & bacon.

Thank you again so very much for the great stuff, I love it all.

I found this recipe a few years ago when I did a search for Eat 'n Park cookies. They're really good--thicker and softer than most cut out cookies.

Rolled Sugar Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanila extract
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Covver an dchill dough for at least 1 hour(or overnight).

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4-1/2" thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 6-8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

4. Ice with royal icing, sprinkles, etc.

The pudding is for the gingerbread people, it was a flavor we don't normally eat, so I thought that might be true for you too. We love the people and the peanut butter squares best.

Hope the format was okay. I wanted something that could be used in the kitchen without worrying about spillage and messes. :sunny:

I received my first exchange today from snowwhitesmom - Michelle
Thank you so much for the great package!
I received:
Recipes for
Swedish Apple Pie
Corn Chowder
Chocolate Muffins
Wild Blueberry Muffins
and "Turkey Poop" (too cute)

Poinsettia dishtowel and pot holder
Fall themed dishtowels and potholder
Stocking filled with: Kim Possible twisty straw, Princess pens, peppermint ChapStick, magnetic picture frame, snowman emery board and rope bracelet.

We went apple picking yesterday so I might try out the Swedish Apple Pie recipe on Sunday. Thank you again for everything.

Amy

P.S. I don't remember if I posted last night or not but both of my exchanges have been sent Priority Mail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter