Holiday Recipe Exchange sent/received thread....COMPLETED!

Same package as I got :teeth:

Has yours shown up yet, Amanda? I hope it does really soon.

I think I'm just a jinx when it comes to these exchanges. :crazy: I've had such rotten luck with some of these but I do enjoy them. :blush:

Hopefully, Barbara will be able to retrieve the package with just the DC #.

I hope she can find it.
They didn't leave her a note :(
It is probably sitting there waiting.

Yes it was sitting at the PO.

Thank you Susie (escape) for the wonderful package.

I received recipes for Potato Casserole, Coconut Rum Balls, Baked Potato Soup, Best Sugar Cookies and Hawaiian Nut Bread. They all look wonderful!!

I also received Autumn Sugar Sprinkles, Mickey Shortbread Scones, a can of condensed milk, silicone baking mats, a silicone jack-o-lantern mold, leaf party bags, a red metal Mickey ornament and a Mickey Halloween bat antenna topper. The antenna topper is great since someone stole the Halloween one I had on my car just last Sunday.

Again, thank you Susie for such a great exchange package. You are not a jinx.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry Chip Cookies

Recipe By :Best of Country Cookies
Serving Size : 108 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Drop
Formed

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup butter or margarine -- softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla chips
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chips, cranberries and nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

The last one was delivered today. Sorry for the delay in getting mine out. I am finally back home.

It was delivered?? :yay: Then we just need Amanda to check in with us.

Hope you had a package waiting for you, Jan. We would love to hear about it. ::yes::

I am so sorry, Yes I received my package from Amy "Briannesmom" and I loved all of it! The recipes look delicious and are on beautiful paper too!
She also sent some Reynolds fun shapes, foil cups shaped like stars and a heavenly candy bar.

My girls opened the package when I was out of town, please forgive me if I am forgeting something...but they unpacked for me.

Here is a recipe I will be trying soon

Chicken Breast Amaretto

1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup celery
4 cups Italian flavor stuffing mix
1 can water chestnuts
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup Amaretto
4 chicken breasts, boneless

Glaze
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup amaretto liquer

Mix all of the stuffing ingredients together and pour into a greased baking dish. Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, heat oven at 350 degrees. Baste from time to time with glaze sauce.

Bake for one hour or until chicken breasts are tender.

Glaze sauce: COmbine and heat ingredients slowly in a small saucepan.

Meriweather said:
4 cookie cutters: Noel, PA, pineapple and beaver (or squirrel ;) )

:rotfl:
I knew that we should have told people what that is!!! Since it was a "holiday" recipe exchange, we had to include a groundhog cookie cutter, as in Groundhog Day's Punxsutawney Phil...a Pennsylvania icon! Use it to make graounhog cookies to celebrate on February 2...whether he sees his shadow or not! :rotfl:

sjh801 said:
I knew that we should have told people what that is!!! Since it was a "holiday" recipe exchange, we had to include a groundhog cookie cutter, as in Groundhog Day's Punxsutawney Phil...a Pennsylvania icon! Use it to make graounhog cookies to celebrate on February 2...whether he sees his shadow or not! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Okay....never would have quessed that one ;)

We just need Amanda to check in with what she received and we are done!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake

Recipe By :Sunset
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
20 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies
1/3 cup margarine -- melted
32 ounces cream cheese -- cut in chunks
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla

In a food processor, whirl half of cookies, including filling, until they form fine crumbs. Mix in butter. Scoop crumbs into a 9" springform pan and press crumbs evenly over bottom of pan and about 1/2" up sides. Chill crust until firm, about 20 minutes.
In food processor, whirl or beat the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream at med-speed until smooth. Add eggs, flour and vanilla. Whirl or beat again to blend.
Pour 1/2 of cream cheese mixture over chilled crust. Break remaining cookies in half and scatter over mixture, overlapping cookies, if necessary, to use all.
Pour remaining mixture over cookies. (If you whirl cream cheese mixture in a food processor, filling will be thin enough to allow cookies to float to top during baking. If prepared in electric mixer, filling will keep cookies in place.)
Bake cake 300 degrees F. for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Take cake from oven and let cool on a rack. Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Before serving, run a knife between cake and pan sides. Remove rim. Cut cheesecake into slender wedges to serve.

sjh801 said:
Where do I get a groundhog cookie cutter. We live on the other side of the state. DH would love this!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I did receive mine last night and will be posting it after I leave work. :thumbsup2

With Amanda receiving.....this exchange is now complete!!

Thank you all. It was fun, as usual.

Regional cookbook will return around April.
And holiday Yankee starts in 2 weeks :hyper:

mickeyfan2 said:
Where do I get a groundhog cookie cutter. We live on the other side of the state. DH would love this!!!!

Hmmmm! ;) Maybe I can check around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter