Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party sold out question

Derek Moreno

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was trying to purchase the Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party Garden Plaza view but it was sold out immediately for the night I wanted to go. I decided to purchase the Tomorrowland Terrace view. Recently I came across a Vlog that showed people that purchased the Terrace dessert party and then were allowed to view the fireworks from the garden plaza. The cast member said they could do it because the terrace view was more expensive so they had the option of either viewing area.
Can anyone confirm that this is true? I would like to do this but won’t even approach the question to cast members if it’s not a real thing and was maybe just a fluke for those people that made the video. Thank you for any advice you might have.

did this the one time I did the terrace view they did not care I went down to the garden area to view the fireworks

Hi everyone, I was trying to purchase the Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party Garden Plaza view but it was sold out immediately for the night I wanted to go. I decided to purchase the Tomorrowland Terrace view. Recently I came across a Vlog that showed people that purchased the Terrace dessert party and then were allowed to view the fireworks from the garden plaza. The cast member said they could do it because the terrace view was more expensive so they had the option of either viewing area.
Can anyone confirm that this is true? I would like to do this but won’t even approach the question to cast members if it’s not a real thing and was maybe just a fluke for those people that made the video. Thank you for any advice you might have.

While I’m sure occasional moments of CM’s obliging guests happens, booking the Terrace version but then using the Plaza Garden for viewing isn’t something mentioned around here very often, or at all (I can’t think of a case where it’s been discussed, ETA, proven wrong by the PP!). I wouldn’t bank on it, but YMMV.

When are you trying to book the Holiday dessert party? FYI, there was some recent discussion on a thread somewhere around here about the Dec Plaza Garden parties... they’re showing as sold out but there’s no way that can be the case. The Plaza Garden party during MVMCP will typically rarely sell out (it has a quite high guest count)... so it sounded like something was up with reservation spots being loaded vs it actually being sold out (in my opinion).

While I’m sure occasional moments of CM’s obliging guests happens, booking the Terrace version but then using the Plaza Garden for viewing isn’t something mentioned around here very often, or at all (I can’t think of a case where it’s been discussed, ETA, proven wrong by the PP!). I wouldn’t bank on it, but YMMV.

When are you trying to book the Holiday dessert party? FYI, there was some recent discussion on a thread somewhere around here about the Dec Plaza Garden parties... they’re showing as sold out but there’s no way that can be the case. The Plaza Garden party during MVMCP will typically rarely sell out (it has a quite high guest count)... so it sounded like something was up with reservation spots being loaded vs it actually being sold out (in my opinion).
I’m going to MVMCP on 12/1. I was obsessively checking the website everyday and the first day the new holiday fireworks show dessert party was available I was trying to book it and it said no reservations were available. I called Disney to have them book it and they said it was no longer available because it was booked up by other guests and the only other option was the Terrace view. I found it hard to believe also. None of the December dates were available for Garden Plaza viewing. November dates are still available.

I’m going to MVMCP on 12/1. I was obsessively checking the website everyday and the first day the new holiday fireworks show dessert party was available I was trying to book it and it said no reservations were available. I called Disney to have them book it and they said it was no longer available because it was booked up by other guests and the only other option was the Terrace view. I found it hard to believe also. None of the December dates were available for Garden Plaza viewing. November dates are still available.

Yeah, something has to be up with the website/reservation system. There is effectively no chance the Plaza Garden would be sold out for every Dec date. Not sure what they’re up to, but seems suspicious.

I posted this last Saturday in a different thread for what it's worth: "Bad news friends. I just got off the phone with a CM and she contacted "Art" with Guest Services to find out why there was zero availability for the Plaza Garden viewing location. Art said that he can see that the entire month of December is booked solid. She said the party started selling on May 21. She was amazed, but said that Art had the ability to see the details on the month of December for that specific party and sadly, they are all gone. So, take that for what it is worth, but it looks like that was the hot ticket. Let me know if you think Art is incorrect and I'll have a little hope." I agree it does seem suspicious. I thought that Plaza Viewing might have been consumed because of the Signature Cinderella Package but those are not occurring on Christmas party nights. So, I'm baffled.

I posted this last Saturday in a different thread for what it's worth: "Bad news friends. I just got off the phone with a CM and she contacted "Art" with Guest Services to find out why there was zero availability for the Plaza Garden viewing location. Art said that he can see that the entire month of December is booked solid. She said the party started selling on May 21. She was amazed, but said that Art had the ability to see the details on the month of December for that specific party and sadly, they are all gone. So, take that for what it is worth, but it looks like that was the hot ticket. Let me know if you think Art is incorrect and I'll have a little hope." I agree it does seem suspicious. I thought that Plaza Viewing might have been consumed because of the Signature Cinderella Package but those are not occurring on Christmas party nights. So, I'm baffled.
Thanks for this update. I’m glad I have secured a spot at the Tomorrowland Terrace location. From your experience, do you happen to know how much in advance people start lining up to check in for the dessert party? I would like to be close to the railing and I’ve read that you should be checking in early for those spots. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Thanks for this update. I’m glad I have secured a spot at the Tomorrowland Terrace location. From your experience, do you happen to know how much in advance people start lining up to check in for the dessert party? I would like to be close to the railing and I’ve read that you should be checking in early for those spots. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Derek, I don't know this for certain, but my understanding is that your placement in the Terrace location is based upon when you registered for the event. So, those who registered early get the prime table seating. I don't believe it is based upon when you arrive for the party. I think that tables are already assigned. I could be wrong, because I've never done the party.

The current Tomorrowland Terrace party for HEA is first-come first seated. It did used to be assigned in advance, but that changed awhile ago. I ‘assume’ the MVMCP version will be the same, but tough to assume when it comes to Disney.

For MVMCP, my opinion is that I wouldn’t spend too much time lining up too far in advance of the reservation time - there are other things to do and who really wants to waste valuable party time doing nothing. There are very few (if any) “bad” tables given how they arrange the tables these days (just 1-2 rows deep), so to me I’d be OK with arriving on time and leaving it at that.

Just looked at booking this myself for Dec.13 MVMCP. When you look at the calendar for both events, it seems that Garden Seating option was available on NON MVMCP nights and Tomorrowland Terrace available on MVMCP nights. Set up this way? System error?

Just looked at booking this myself for Dec.13 MVMCP. When you look at the calendar for both events, it seems that Garden Seating option was available on NON MVMCP nights and Tomorrowland Terrace available on MVMCP nights. Set up this way? System error?
I wonder if they've got a special upcharge event planned for the MVMCP in the garden?

I got up at 6am 180 days before my stay (feb 2020) and there was nothing available for all of my nights. I am trying to find out if it just hasn’t been released yet and if so why? And when will it be? If I was on at the first time available to book, how could all night be sold out already?

I got up at 6am 180 days before my stay (feb 2020) and there was nothing available for all of my nights. I am trying to find out if it just hasn’t been released yet and if so why? And when will it be? If I was on at the first time available to book, how could all night be sold out already?
I had the same experience this morning, so at 7am I called. The cast member I spoke with said that for some reason they have not released the February dessert party dates yet. She was clear that it wasn't sold out, just not released. I'll be calling again tomorrow morning!

I’ve been trying every morning! Wonder if it’s better to call or just go online.

Traditionally when things like this get off a pattern of being bookable and we’re all sitting around here waiting, when they do become available it will be both phone and online. Making a daily check online as part of your morning coffee isn’t a bad idea, in my opinion.

Still can’t book the desert party at all for February. In months up through December, the day is lit up on the desert party nights. For January and February nothing is lit up. Is there a way to speak to someone who is actually at disneyworld? The phone operators do not know anything more than I do. Any help?

Does anybody know if anyone sells these tickets online rather than through Disney? I see on StubHub people selling tickets for other events but have been trying to secure tickets for New Year's Eve for a while. We have 2 of the 3 tickets we need, but can't get anyone at WDW to help secure our last ticket including "Signature Services" which I think is the same as the previously named "Concierge Services", but basically what they see on screen is the same as what we all see when logged. Any suggestions for obtaining the 3rd ticket in our party???

Does anybody know if anyone sells these tickets online rather than through Disney? I see on StubHub people selling tickets for other events but have been trying to secure tickets for New Year's Eve for a while. We have 2 of the 3 tickets we need, but can't get anyone at WDW to help secure our last ticket including "Signature Services" which I think is the same as the previously named "Concierge Services", but basically what they see on screen is the same as what we all see when logged. Any suggestions for obtaining the 3rd ticket in our party???

The dessert parties are treated as dining reservations not hard-ticket events, so, no, you would not be able to purchase a guest reservation via a third-party for a dessert party. The only thing you can do is keep checking to see if something opens up in the dining reservation system.

It is sold out so you should figure out what to do if only 2/3 can go ,they will not produce a ticket just for you so I am not sure what you expect them to do

The dessert parties are treated as dining reservations not hard-ticket events, so, no, you would not be able to purchase a guest reservation via a third-party for a dessert party. The only thing you can do is keep checking to see if something opens up in the dining reservation system.
Thanks for the reply. It will save me a lot of search time. I'll just keep doing my twice a day online check to see if anything opened up. I'll go back to my twice a day online check, after all, that's how we scored the 1st 2 tickets. People tend to cancel and if you check often enough and a little luck... Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter