Hockey Pockety Wockety Wack A Tale of A Trip from the Back of the Pack

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at GF Cafe. I love it there for breakfast

I am sooo jealous you went to parks on race day!!! I wish I had, but then again I was draggin during the race :rotfl: It looks like you got soooo much done in one afternoon!! I love the real cherry coke or vanilla coke that you can get at sci fi or 50s prime time, yum!!

Hurray for a nice leisurely day before the race! We have never eaten at GF Cafe before, but we have a dinner ressie there for the summer trip. Glad you liked it -- the french toast looks delicious! Bo!!! We so missed seeing him on the last trip -- thanks for making sure he was behaving! :laughing:

OMG, what an awesome day!

I don't even know where to start! :rotfl2: Frontierland Donald is so stinkin' cute, I can't get over it. Breakfast at the GF cafe is really nice, I did that with mom on our last trip and really enjoyed it.

I love the Wedway People Mover, too. I can't even describe why, it's just one of my favorite must do rides, always has been. It's classic. :thumbsup2

Gah! I just have to read your trip report! I was in Disney the same time and FINALLY someone other than myself, loves MIM!! My neice and nephew call me Mim and I don't think they even know my real name! :rotfl:

I could really go for some of that french toast right now. :lmao: Yum!

When I ate at Sci Fi it was so quiet too which was nice for a break away from the hustle and bustle of the parks but it is a little odd.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal at GF Cafe. I love it there for breakfast

It was one of my favorite breakfast meals all week. Definitely was the most relaxing one. I will be eating there again. I really liked it.

I am sooo jealous you went to parks on race day!!! I wish I had, but then again I was draggin during the race :rotfl: It looks like you got soooo much done in one afternoon!! I love the real cherry coke or vanilla coke that you can get at sci fi or 50s prime time, yum!!

It was a bit of a crazy decision, and if we weren't losing two days of the trip to go to Universal I wouldn't have done it. Luckily it really worked out for us. Honestly we walked through the parks so slowly! We really just had good luck. We'd walk up to something like Philharmagic and we'd just make it in to the theater. No waiting at all. It was a bit magical. I love small fall crowds!

And the real cherry coke? So good! We use to have a local burger place in town that made them, along with real milkshakes and malteds. It closed about a year ago, and I'm still not over it.

Hurray for a nice leisurely day before the race! We have never eaten at GF Cafe before, but we have a dinner ressie there for the summer trip. Glad you liked it -- the french toast looks delicious! Bo!!! We so missed seeing him on the last trip -- thanks for making sure he was behaving! :laughing:

I was a bit amazed at how much we got done with effort at all. It really was the anti December trip. The GF Cafe was really great. I loved that it was a quiet, peaceful meal. So often the restaurants are all crazy and loud at Disney. This was so much nicer.

My friend gets a kick out of the Bo pictures now. She even reminded me on the way in we needed to stop. :)

OMG, what an awesome day!

I don't even know where to start! :rotfl2: Frontierland Donald is so stinkin' cute, I can't get over it. Breakfast at the GF cafe is really nice, I did that with mom on our last trip and really enjoyed it.

I love the Wedway People Mover, too. I can't even describe why, it's just one of my favorite must do rides, always has been. It's classic. :thumbsup2

It was great just taking my time at Disney for once, and having the lack of crowds let me. This morning really set the tone for our entire week. We kind of threw the rule book out the window.

Isn't Frontier Donald adorable! I had to stop. We actually did alot of the character stuff this time, and had a blast doing it.

No trip to Disney is complete for me without the Wedway. Oddly enough it was one of the few things we had to wait a bit for. :confused3

Gah! I just have to read your trip report! I was in Disney the same time and FINALLY someone other than myself, loves MIM!! My neice and nephew call me Mim and I don't think they even know my real name! :rotfl:

I love Mim! I think the wizarding duel scene is one of my favorite Disney scenes ever. I'm so glad you stopped by!

You threw the rule book out the window!

My decadent influence is spreading! pirate:

Hi Crissy! It's been ever so long since I've posted here!! So sorry!! It's so hard keeping up these days with the holidays and family and then a funeral/travel.

Your GF breakfast looked divine!! YUM!! Thanks for the eye candy tonight, Sweetie!

My friend gets a kick out of the Bo pictures now. She even reminded me on the way in we needed to stop. :)

Love it!!! :lmao:

I am always so thrilled that through Chelsea and her natural goofiness, she has been instrumental in getting Bo lots of attention and love. :rotfl:

:rotfl: You are too funny, TK! Yes, your decadent influence has spread much wider than you could imagine! I am not even planning on making a list of must-dos for this trip -- we are just going to go with the flow. It worked so well last trip!

Just found your TR and congratulations on running. I admire people who can do it. I have a hard enough time making myself get on the awful treadmill much less running. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

:rotfl: You are too funny, TK! Yes, your decadent influence has spread much wider than you could imagine! I am not even planning on making a list of must-dos for this trip -- we are just going to go with the flow. It worked so well last trip!

:::rubs hands together::::

Mwa-ha-ha!!!!

Yeah a new post:cool1:

Happy New Year.

The parks at Halloween time look so awesome. That is on my list to see at least once. I love how the parks had low crowds. What could be better than that nice weather and no crowds.:goodvibes

So are all the seats at the SciFi facing like that? I always want to try to eat there but we have 5 and I really need to face my kids when they are eating. Don't want them throwing food at each other:lmao:

So glad that you went to Sci-Fi! I went there for the first time on my last trip and loved it... but also thought it was odd that it was so quiet! Can't wait to hear about the race. Hope your year is off to a good start! :goodvibes

You threw the rule book out the window!

It's only a matter of time before pirates take over the world! pirate: :rotfl:

Hi Crissy! It's been ever so long since I've posted here!! So sorry!! It's so hard keeping up these days with the holidays and family and then a funeral/travel.

Your GF breakfast looked divine!! YUM!! Thanks for the eye candy tonight, Sweetie!

I know what you mean. I don't even want to admit to how far behind I've fallen on your thread. :headache:

It was a great breakfast. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Love it!!! :lmao:

I am always so thrilled that through Chelsea and her natural goofiness, she has been instrumental in getting Bo lots of attention and love. :rotfl:

You just know there are CM's wondering why all these people are stopping for Bo pictures lately! :lmao:

See - it's just a matter of time! ;)

Just found your TR and congratulations on running. I admire people who can do it. I have a hard enough time making myself get on the awful treadmill much less running. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I'd never be able to do it on a treadmill. I can barely bring myself to walk fast on the stupid things. Last year I went flying off of one (2xs) now I suffer from treadmill phobia. :lmao: My nieces think it's pretty funny. They keep trying to get me on the one at their house, but I can't. They even offer to surround the thing with pillows. :rotfl:

I really do more walking than running. I weigh too much to put that much pounding on my body. Hopefully next year I'll be able to do more running.

Yeah a new post:cool1:

Happy New Year.

The parks at Halloween time look so awesome. That is on my list to see at least once. I love how the parks had low crowds. What could be better than that nice weather and no crowds.:goodvibes

So are all the seats at the SciFi facing like that? I always want to try to eat there but we have 5 and I really need to face my kids when they are eating. Don't want them throwing food at each other:lmao:

Happy New Year!

I love the parks at Halloween. This is my second time going then, and it's my favorite. The first time I went though we had horrible weather - hot, humid and rainy. It was the same week we had gone this last time. I think the further you get into October though the better the weather, and the smaller the crowds. I think it's a perfect time of year to go.

I think they may have a few "flying saucer" tables around the perimeter that are more traditional tables, but for the most part all the seats are two by two in the cars. Each car has three rows. We shared our car with a man eating with his two sons. It is a bit odd.

So glad that you went to Sci-Fi! I went there for the first time on my last trip and loved it... but also thought it was odd that it was so quiet! Can't wait to hear about the race. Hope your year is off to a good start! :goodvibes

I'm so glad it wasn't just me with how quiet it was in there! So non-typical for a Disney restaurant.

After our leisurely morning in the parks, my BFF and I headed back to the Beach Club for a bit of a nap before we had to get ready to head over to the WWoS complex. We quickly learned that our great pool view upgrade room at the Beach Club wasn't without it's downfalls. We lied down to find that our great pool view room was quite a bit noisy in the middle of the afternoon. It wasn't the hotel guests that were noisy, but the organized activities that were going on. Things were going on continuously, all of which had to be announced and conducted using a bull horn and very loud music. :headache:It was next to impossible to nap while the Cha Cha Slide is playing right outside your window. Nevertheless we tried, and at least lied down for a while getting off our feet for awhile.

I wanted to try to meet up with a friend that I hadn't seen since college who lives in Florida and was going to be running the race with Team in Training so we headed to the WWoS pretty early. On the way over we met a really fun couple on their way to the race where they were doing the relay. They were a lot of fun, and we spent a bunch of time snapping pictures of each other and laughing while waiting for the bus. I was still feeling really good, and finish or not I was content.

DSC04223_opt.jpg

We were at the fields super early (say 6:30 ish or so). The good point was that we were able to check our bags before things got completely crazy by bag check. I was getting a bit silly taking some pictures before we checked our cameras. You can tell we were early in this shot. In no time at all, the fields behind me in this shot were filled with people.

DSC04226_opt-1.jpg

It took awhile to find my friend. First we wandered around the fields, where I ran into several friends from an online Disney running site I had been visiting. (Thumbs up for matching red logo t-shirts!) Then we headed back to the entrance to the fields to wait for my friend. Easier said than done. Just try finding a friend you haven't seen in nearly 20 years in a great wash of people! I had seen some recent pictures of her on facebook, so I had a bit of an idea of what she looked like now. Really I was just going by a "redhead wearing purple". Somehow, between searching the crowd, and texting back and forth we found each other. She had run a few Disney races, so it was great hanging around with her and her team. She had great tips for us, and had a better idea than us where to go. She steered us into our starting corral pretty early. Probably a good thing. Having a few extra moments really helped me out in the end I think. She had brought her camera with her, so she snapped a pic of my friend and I as we were waiting to start.

47033_1647680356001_1356701156_1728635_5830158_n_opt.jpg

Here's the view from where we were positioned in the corral.

67308_1647680436003_1356701156_1728636_4871604_n_opt.jpg

Lots of purple people! :)We couldn't see much of anything at all. We could hear Mickey and Minnie starting the race, and could hear the other corrals starting, but we weren't going anywhere right away. The starting line would have looked pretty impressive if you could have seen it.

WineDineStart_opt.jpg

On my end, all I saw was people shuffling towards the start line, and this -

40864_1647680596007_1356701156_1728638_2483239_n_opt.jpg

The realization that this was about really happen was kicking in. I did happen to catch a glimpse of Mickey and Minnie as we went by. (These are official Disney pics not mine). They looked cute in their chef gear.

61032-731-006f_opt.jpg

61032-731-005f_opt.jpg

But at any rate, we were off! At first it was so crowded all we could do was walk slowly, but shortly the crowd started to break up a bit, and I was able to start my intervals. I was trying to keep up with my friend, but it was hard. Her rate was a bit faster than what I had been training at. I knew I couldn't keep up at that rate for very long. Still I hung in there for awhile. I lost my BFF fairly early. One moment she was behind me, and the next she was gone. We didn't meet up again until the end of the race. I lost my Florida friend shortly after. I realized there was no use in killing myself early trying to go too fast. At only a mile or so in I was on my own.

Your pictures really gave a good sense of how crowed a Disney race can be! Yikes! The 2 5Ks I've done have been really small events and nothing like the cattle pens the Disney one looks like! Nevertheless, I can sense your excitement, and the end, I'm glad you didn't try to keep up the pace with your friends!! You might not have been able to finish in the end.

Mickey and Minnie are so cute- how fun to get to start a race off with so much hoopla! Someday, I'd really love to run one there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter