Highway in the Sky Dine Around with Wishes viewing area

Anyone know if there has been any change in the menu for April since the event was extended? I was able to get a reservation for the last Saturday in April!

@BrittyRo & @salemnews - I've got my fingers crossed and am waiting with you! :bored:DH and I have a trip planned that happens to coincide with my birthday, so it would be fabulous to celebrate with this special event!

Looking for July dates to load for Highway in the Sky Dine. Anyone know when they loaded the June dates?

If anyone notices an update with a seasonal menu change it would be great to hear about :) Looking forward to our trip. Enjoy folks!

Has anyone had luck booking after event sold out? Do people cancel very often? It's such a small event. Also, how far in advance do they open up for the next block of dates? I know they aren't available more than a couple of months out. I'd love to do this for our early November trip if it is available.

i just found reservations for a party of 5 for june 3 yesterday so i would say that sometimes you can pick up a cancellation. The first time I did this as a solo, I booked it the week of after checking daily. It does happen.

Hi guys! Hoping this is extended into October so that the hubs and I can do it on 10/18 (our 9th wedding anniversary). It looks like it's being offered Tues-Sat, so do you think there is a good shot for a Wednesday in October?

I'm scrolling through replies now, but I am assuming most people drop their rugrats off at Lilo's Playhouse at the Poly beforehand? Is food for the kids included in the per hour cost of the kids club fee? Or do we need to feed them before we take them there? Thanks for any help!

Has anyone had luck booking after event sold out? Do people cancel very often? It's such a small event. Also, how far in advance do they open up for the next block of dates? I know they aren't available more than a couple of months out. I'd love to do this for our early November trip if it is available.

Yes, I booked my date after it had already been sold out, probably due to a cancellation.
A few weeks before my trip I was checking available reservatons for March 10 th for dinner and it showed up as having availability up so I grabbed it.

Is the pea soup new? They went on about wanting to use a Spring veggie for it and it's freshness (the soup was very good). Other then that, everything looked like menus I had seen before- we went last Tuesday.

Is the pea soup new? They went on about wanting to use a Spring veggie for it and it's freshness (the soup was very good). Other then that, everything looked like menus I had seen before- we went last Tuesday.

We had the pea soup in February.

If I recall correctly, the event started with pea soup and then changed. (Edit: They started with squash soup in December but changed to pea soup in January.)

Can you tell us about what security was like boarding the monorail between resorts?

Last edited:
Hi guys! Hoping this is extended into October so that the hubs and I can do it on 10/18 (our 9th wedding anniversary). It looks like it's being offered Tues-Sat, so do you think there is a good shot for a Wednesday in October?

I'm scrolling through replies now, but I am assuming most people drop their rugrats off at Lilo's Playhouse at the Poly beforehand? Is food for the kids included in the per hour cost of the kids club fee? Or do we need to feed them before we take them there? Thanks for any help!
Lilo's is fabulous for a date night. Last September it was a set cost for all night (around 4:30 until midnight). I think it was $55 per child. It did include dinner. There are several choices on the menu and you can pick out the selections with your child when you bring her in.

Great deal for parents who want the whole night. And the kids LOVED it. Both the 9 and 4 year old. Captain Hook came and they did a lot of activities. It is not babysitting. It is a kids club packed with fun, planned activities.

If I recall correctly, the event started with pea soup and then changed.

Can you tell us about what security was like boarding the monorail between resorts?

Huh. So much for Springness.

We went through security at every stop, but it seemed at each stop there was a seperate table just for us to use. That, or it was a really slow night. It didn't take too long or seem to really delay us; I found it annoying to have to keep putting my celebrating pin on and off repeatedly, but I could have just put it in my bag if it really bothered me. We had plenty of time for desserts and drinks before the fireworks, so I don't think it caused much of a delay.

Lilo's is fabulous for a date night. Last September it was a set cost for all night (around 4:30 until midnight). I think it was $55 per child. It did include dinner. There are several choices on the menu and you can pick out the selections with your child when you bring her in.

Great deal for parents who want the whole night. And the kids LOVED it. Both the 9 and 4 year old. Captain Hook came and they did a lot of activities. It is not babysitting. It is a kids club packed with fun, planned activities.
Oooh! That sounds great and also like a great deal. My kids loved the clubs at Aulani and on DCL, so this sounds perfect!!! Thanks for the info!!

Huh. So much for Springness.

We went through security at every stop, but it seemed at each stop there was a seperate table just for us to use. That, or it was a really slow night. It didn't take too long or seem to really delay us; I found it annoying to have to keep putting my celebrating pin on and off repeatedly, but I could have just put it in my bag if it really bothered me. We had plenty of time for desserts and drinks before the fireworks, so I don't think it caused much of a delay.

Thanks for the update!

I looked back through the thread and I was not recalling the soup situation correctly - squash soup was offered when the event started in December, but they switched to pea soup sometime in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter