*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

I have waitlisted for NYE. If we end up doing a couple days in Savannah before checking into DHHIR, anyone have suggestions?

Does anyone have a picture of an activity guide for Hilton Head? I've only been able to find a few online from several years ago.
Do they still do the party by the pool with the low country boil and games?
We had so much fun doing the cannonball ice cream drop, but that was way back in 2016.

1717152588632.png
1717152618200.png
Here you are. They no longer do the low country boil, nor any other such dining experience except s'mores every other day or so as you can see in the second photo. In the past couple of years, they have had (very infrequently) some resort guest mixers, and for a short time last year, they experimented with a breakfast buffet in the activities room upstairs from the pool. Obviously, they have a lot of activities, but they are scaled back from what you might remember from eight years ago. Have fun! pirate:

Thank you so much for sharing that!
Really bummed they don't do the lowcountry boil anymore, and activities do seem scaled back.
But we will have fun no matter!

What are the kids pool(s) like? Are they at all like the kids splashing area at GF or VB? Or are they just pools for younger kids?

I have not been able to find any pictures online of the kids pools at HHI, but understand there to be one at the hotel and one at the beach club. Is that correct?

What are the kids pool(s) like? Are they at all like the kids splashing area at GF or VB? Or are they just pools for younger kids?

I have not been able to find any pictures online of the kids pools at HHI, but understand there to be one at the hotel and one at the beach club. Is that correct?
We just returned from a week at HHI and miss it already! At the lodge/hotel the children’s pool at the Big Dipper Pool is a round maybe 10’ pool with 2 cute frogs that spit a stream of water across the pool. There is not a children’s pool st the Beach House. I had been hoping for a pool update along with recent room renovations specifically to do more with children’s pool area prior to our planned visit. We loved the room updates and the grandkids 3 yrs & 18 months had a great time with pool as is going back & forth from small pool to main pool. At the beach house they were very happy with sand toys at the beach and floaties in that pool.

Does anybody remember when DHHIR "sold out" on points?

I know they started selling around 1995/1996 and I heard they sold out around 1999/2000.

I read that in SC law, Disney has to retain 4% of DHHIR.

Does anybody remember when DHHIR "sold out" on points?

I know they started selling around 1995/1996 and I heard they sold out around 1999/2000.

I read that in SC law, Disney has to retain 4% of DHHIR.
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that it was around 2009. Anyone know for sure?

We are planning a small wedding in Hilton Head in October 2025. We are DVC, we don't own at HH, but are considering picking up a resale contract for the 11 month booking. In addition to using our DVC points for rooms, we are going to need some cash rooms for other guests which is concerning me. How far out does booking open for cash stays booked directly through the resort? I'm hoping to book a 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom with our points, and I think we will need a 2 bedroom and 4 studios with cash. With the limited availability, should I realistically start looking at other places for the cash rooms?

How far out does booking open for cash stays booked directly through the resort?
Generally, cash bookings open about 7 months out. However, they have not yet opened up 2025 cash reservations. Once they start releasing January, you can periodically check the website to get an idea of how often new dates pop up. As it gets closer to releasing October, you should be on the website every day for your best chance.

With the limited availability, should I realistically start looking at other places for the cash rooms?
It doesn't hurt to start looking, but other resorts won't be bookable for a little while as well. Although we haven't stayed anywhere other than Disney's HHI, here are a couple of suggestions to get started: Marriott's Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe at Shelter Cove is next to Disney's property on the marsh, and Hilton's Beachfront Resort & Spa (formerly Marriott Hilton Head & Spa) is near Disney's Beach House on the ocean.

Last edited:
I thought cash bookings opened at 11 months, but perhaps that's just Members' Cash. Or perhaps rules have changed. We had to use Members' Cash about 10 years ago.
And I have a question. Has anyone noticed, with the refurbishment, whether there's still a ceiling fan in the Master Bedroom? The ceiling fans have been removed in so many refurbishments, I got to wondering the status at HHI.

I thought cash bookings opened at 11 months, but perhaps that's just Members' Cash. Or perhaps rules have changed. We had to use Members' Cash about 10 years ago.
It's possible! Maybe someone else can confirm. For clarity, I'm referring to non-member cash bookings on the public Disney HHI website.

And I have a question. Has anyone noticed, with the refurbishment, whether there's still a ceiling fan in the Master Bedroom? The ceiling fans have been removed in so many refurbishments, I got to wondering the status at HHI.
It's possible! Maybe someone else can confirm. For clarity, I'm referring to non-member cash bookings on the public Disney HHI website.
I’m wondering about this, too. I posted on another thread but since it’s come up here thought I’d ask more. I booked an October trip on the website you are referring to, ThereYouSeeHer. I’ve been watching that website for the 2025 rates to open. Do you know when that happens?

Simba’s Mom, are you referring to calling MS and trying to book? If so I didn’t realize there are two ways to book on cash.

I booked an October trip on the website you are referring to, ThereYouSeeHer. I’ve been watching that website for the 2025 rates to open. Do you know when that happens?
The last week of December opened around May 15th (about 7 months early). I was expecting early January 2025 dates to have opened by now, so unfortunately, I'm not sure when they will open.

However, I just looked back through previous reservations and it looks like I booked cash about 11 months out in 2022. So, the situation may have changed since then. Wonder what they will do for 2025.

(Also, if anyone just needs to see what 2025 prices will be, you can click on any available date (i.e., December 30th), go to Rate Details, and View Rate Calendar.)

Thanks everyone, especially for the way to check prices and the other resort suggestions. We also have only stayed on site so I'm not really familiar with other resorts. I will keep stalking the site and maybe we will get lucky!

We were in a 2 bedroom Week of 5/26 and yes there was a fan in the Master bedroom.

I’m wondering about this, too. I posted on another thread but since it’s come up here thought I’d ask more. I booked an October trip on the website you are referring to, ThereYouSeeHer. I’ve been watching that website for the 2025 rates to open. Do you know when that happens?

Simba’s Mom, are you referring to calling MS and trying to book? If so I didn’t realize there are two ways to book on cash.
Yes, you can call member services to book on cash and on the dhhir website.
They do have different inventory and prices though.

facebook twitter