***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

the app is literally "WDW Food&Wine" search on the app store (don't think there is an android version). It is free too!!

And what I just discovered today is that it's really useful if you're thinking "Remember that [insert food item]? I wonder what booth it's at." Just put it in the search and voila! Today I wanted the Pistachio bunt cake, didn't know where it was. I do now, and I also know how much it costs.

Ugh. Every vacation we go on I do this. Different pets throughout our lives, but my anxiety is always the same.

These two are our current fur children, 2 years old. We don't have people who are willing to stay at our place and watch them and I'm not leaving them alone for 10 nights with someone just checking on them. But we do have in case of emergency people who will get them if need be.

They will be boarded at our vet, who they know very well. They were boarded there last year for 5 nights and did great, this year is 10 nights. :(
We always have our pets stay there (current and previous).
The vets and techs love these guys. They share a huge kennel, will have their toys, blankets, etc. The techs play with them, apparently one would just carry Walnut around with him.
They are in the best place should anything go wrong. I know it's not ideal and no cat "loves" being boarded, but I know they will be well taken care of. It's a hospital not just a clinic, so there are always people there.

I just always feel so, so guilty. I cry all day before we leave and Micky drops them off at the vet w/out me because I would just stress them out. :( I am very jealous of how he is so relaxed about all of it! But I will say, knowing I'm coming home to get them makes ending the trip a lot easier!

View attachment 266591
My dog Riley stayed 10 days at the kennel last year and will again for our trip next month. It is heartwrenching for me to leave her, but she has been going there for daycare since she was a baby so I feel more comfortable, and everyone there adores her. I find if I call periodically on my trip and check up on her it makes me less anxious.

Hey October friends!

As we watch all the people with trips planned this week play a bad wait and see game, for us it's a good reminder to get trip insurance if you don't already have it. October can get hurricanes too, see last year!

Don't wait until it's too late!

Hopefully none of us will need it.

Stay safe Floridians and everyone in Irma's path!

Hey October friends!

As we watch all the people with trips planned this week play a bad wait and see game, for us it's a good reminder to get trip insurance if you don't already have it. October can get hurricanes too, see last year!

Don't wait until it's too late!

Hopefully none of us will need it.

Stay safe Floridians and everyone in Irma's path!
Excellent advice! Far better safe than sorry.

I can't help feeling a little nervy about weather. I think we have the best odds we can while still hitting the Halloween party and my older son's birthday, but ... Irma (and its ilk) is spooking me.

In hindsight, I can't believe how lucky we were with our honeymoon 15 years ago. Smack in the middle of hurricane season!

Anything less than a hurricane, we can handle. I'm seriously invested in having fun this trip no matter what. We have too many things to celebrate!

I got an Email today saying that I needed to customize my bands so they could mail them. I thought I'd done that, and I've been waiting for them in the mail. I went to the MDE site and couldn't figure out what I had left to do. Is this a standard Email they send to everyone or is something undone?

I got an Email today saying that I needed to customize my bands so they could mail them. I thought I'd done that, and I've been waiting for them in the mail. I went to the MDE site and couldn't figure out what I had left to do. Is this a standard Email they send to everyone or is something undone?
Is anyone in your party getting a gray band by any chance?

I just spent about 15 minutes staring at it, and decided that I think it's because we've got pass holder bands in the system still waiting to be customized. I just declined those, and hopefully we're OK now.

I just spent about 15 minutes staring at it, and decided that I think it's because we've got pass holder bands in the system still waiting to be customized. I just declined those, and hopefully we're OK now.
Ahh, ok. I just know I've seen people in the past not go in and approve a gray band and it's held up the process.

I've had an AP band pending since May and haven't picked it yet. I should probably get on that

0TjDWQZ.jpg

I just wanted to show off the super cute shirt I ordered for Dd. She's a huge orange bird fan, I got her the orange bird magic band to match.

Hello!
We just moved our trip from this weekend to Oct. 25-28, staying at ASMo

I'm on hold to change our MNSSHP tickets to the 26th, if they'll let me.

Any ideas for us to do? We won't have park tickets except for MNSSHP

I am a late transplant from the September 2017 thread. I had to reschedule my short, solo, 50th Birthday Trip due to Hurricane Irma. My dates are now October 21-15 and I am staying at POP Century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter