***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I have a ROL dining package booked at Tiffins for my May trip...I always do trip reports, so I will definitely be taking notes to share with everyone for October! We'll be missing the Wishes replacement by a week, and Pandora by three weeks...but I'm happy to have a chance to say goodbye to Wishes and avoid the crush of people who will inevitably be there for the openings of both!
I booked a dining package for March, but it did not fit in my plans well. I was able to move things around once the FP+ opened a few hours later so I can share experiences on that when I return. I definitely plan on incorporating a dining package into my October plans!

Any thoughts on the new Happily Ever After changing the show at MNSSHP? Possible Halloween Ever After?

I booked a dining package for March, but it did not fit in my plans well. I was able to move things around once the FP+ opened a few hours later so I can share experiences on that when I return. I definitely plan on incorporating a dining package into my October plans!

Any thoughts on the new Happily Ever After changing the show at MNSSHP? Possible Halloween Ever After?

Awesome! I really want to see the differences between FP seating vs. dining package so I can make a decision for October! I'll be with my slightly picky mom in Oct, so if I do a dining pkg for that it'll be a Tusker House breakfast.

I am excited to see the new Happily Ever After, and am very glad that the Hallowishes seems to be remaining intact for now. I know it is a favorite for many, and I've been anxious to see it for a long time!

Awesome! I really want to see the differences between FP seating vs. dining package so I can make a decision for October! I'll be with my slightly picky mom in Oct, so if I do a dining pkg for that it'll be a Tusker House breakfast.

I am excited to see the new Happily Ever After, and am very glad that the Hallowishes seems to be remaining intact for now. I know it is a favorite for many, and I've been anxious to see it for a long time!
I am undecided if I will do Tusker House or Tiffins. I really want to try Tiffins, but during the "slow" times when the park closes early and the show is 7:15pm, the last seating is 3:25pm. I would work a nice 3 course lunch in there depending on Pandora news and FP+.

It looks like dining and standby are in the theater by Nemo, and FP+ will be by EE. Hopefully dining will be prioritized to the edge closer to the center and have the best views like Fantasmic! The FP+ entrances for it REALLY blend into Asia so well! I barely even noticed them in December.

We just booked our first October trip! Poly TPV for 10/28-11/1. The only time frame we haven't done is Halloween so we thought we'd tack a family trip on to my W&D runcation with my BFF. Super excited to the do the Halloween party, even if I am dreading the crowds. My kiddos will love it!

I have a ROL dining package booked at Tiffins for my May trip...I always do trip reports, so I will definitely be taking notes to share with everyone for October! We'll be missing the Wishes replacement by a week, and Pandora by three weeks...but I'm happy to have a chance to say goodbye to Wishes and avoid the crush of people who will inevitably be there for the openings of both!

I am doing Tiffins ROL package April 19th. Super excited. I originally booked Tusker House, but swapped it because I've wanted to try Tiffins and I'm not doing a signature after the half so I can focus on seeing Wishes one last time. Might do Tusker House with the fam in October if I think the boys will like it.

Also, someone had asked about a FB group and there is one: October 2017 Walt Disney World Planning Group. (I just requested to join so no clue how the group is, but it's a large group so could be a good resource. And hopefully I'm allowed to share that!)

Also, does anyone have experience with the Halloween party on Halloween night. Since my kids will want to trick or treat I figure it's the best night for us to go, but I was researching it and it looks like last year they did not sell tickets in advance for Halloween day. That makes me nervous!

Also, does anyone have experience with the Halloween party on Halloween night. Since my kids will want to trick or treat I figure it's the best night for us to go, but I was researching it and it looks like last year they did not sell tickets in advance for Halloween day. That makes me nervous!
I went to MNSSHP last year on Monday, 10/30. The tickets for 10/31 were able to be purchased online like all the other dates. It does however sell out first. My date also sold out, but about two weeks prior to the party.

Disney resorts also host activities on Halloween including contests, special meet and greets, and trick or treat activities. If you wanted to participate in both, you could do a party one night and stay at the resort the other night.

The sold out party did not seem too overwhelming at the time. I went to two MVMCPs in December. One Friday and one Tuesday. The Friday was not sold out, but had huge lines for all the snacks. The Tuesday was significantly less crowded. I feel MNSSHP did not feel as crowded as MVMCP because the candy lines moved pretty quickly whereas the cookies, egg nog, hot chocolate, etc required more time to dispense and people were sitting everywhere consuming the treats.

I went to MNSSHP last year on Monday, 10/30. The tickets for 10/31 were able to be purchased online like all the other dates. It does however sell out first. My date also sold out, but about two weeks prior to the party.

Disney resorts also host activities on Halloween including contests, special meet and greets, and trick or treat activities. If you wanted to participate in both, you could do a party one night and stay at the resort the other night.

The sold out party did not seem too overwhelming at the time. I went to two MVMCPs in December. One Friday and one Tuesday. The Friday was not sold out, but had huge lines for all the snacks. The Tuesday was significantly less crowded. I feel MNSSHP did not feel as crowded as MVMCP because the candy lines moved pretty quickly whereas the cookies, egg nog, hot chocolate, etc required more time to dispense and people were sitting everywhere consuming the treats.

Thanks @PolyRob for the feedback! I am glad to hear they were on sale online! I was thinking I'd want to purchase them in advance, especially if we do go on Halloween night! I am going to have to research to see what the Poly has offered in the past as that is where we are staying. I'm sure they would be happy with that too and then we could watch Hallowishes from the room or beach.

Thanks @PolyRob for the feedback! I am glad to hear they were on sale online! I was thinking I'd want to purchase them in advance, especially if we do go on Halloween night! I am going to have to research to see what the Poly has offered in the past as that is where we are staying. I'm sure they would be happy with that too and then we could watch Hallowishes from the room or beach.
Yes, it is great seeing the special shows from the beach! I am sure either plan would be great!!

Here are some resources I used for last year:

Resort information (2015): http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wal...y-world-resort-hotel-halloween-activities.htm

Resort information (2016): http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/10/04/halloween-activities-for-various-walt-disney-world-resorts/

MNSSHP "official" disboards thread: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/

We just booked our first October trip! Poly TPV for 10/28-11/1. The only time frame we haven't done is Halloween so we thought we'd tack a family trip on to my W&D runcation with my BFF. Super excited to the do the Halloween party, even if I am dreading the crowds. My kiddos will love it!

Hello and welcome! :fish:

We loved the Halloween party. We are planning on attending the 26th this year (Thursday), assuming it's offered that day.
I will tell you if your kids can stay up late, take advantage of shorter lines for rides, watch fireworks first. Then watch the second parade and go trick or treating after, the lines are soooo much shorter the later it is. :)

We loved the Halloween party. We are planning on attending the 26th this year (Thursday), assuming it's offered that day.
I will tell you if your kids can stay up late, take advantage of shorter lines for rides, watch fireworks first. Then watch the second parade and go trick or treating after, the lines are soooo much shorter the later it is. :)
You said to trick or treat after. Do they ever run out of candy?

Hi!

They didn't when we went, but our party wasn't sold out. Another option - if you watch the second parade, trick or treat during the first parade! Maybe that will help?

We are now thinking we might go to the party on the 30th and then do Halloween activities at the resort Halloween night. We'll see what we decide. My kids are normally pretty good night owls, but I'm not sure how late they will hang. We'll see how they do and if we can make it to the late parade. I know from the Christmas party it's much less crowded after the fireworks.

I would hope not! That would be very disappointing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter