***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

We're going to Disney World (staying off site in a townhouse) October 13 - 21, 2017.
5 day base tickets with a few resort days planned.
First trip as a family, we both went several times with our parents back in the 90s and early 2000s.
Joint 10th wedding anniversary and husband's 40th birthday trip.
Joining us on the trip are my FIL, daughter (4) and son (22 months at time of trip.)

Just booked October 10-16th!!! Counting down the days until I am back in the happiest place on earth!!!! Super excited to share it with my boyfriend who hasnt been since he was a child!!! 251 DAYS!!!

We're going to Disney World (staying off site in a townhouse) October 13 - 21, 2017.
5 day base tickets with a few resort days planned.
First trip as a family, we both went several times with our parents back in the 90s and early 2000s.
Joint 10th wedding anniversary and husband's 40th birthday trip.
Joining us on the trip are my FIL, daughter (4) and son (22 months at time of trip.)

Just booked October 10-16th!!! Counting down the days until I am back in the happiest place on earth!!!! Super excited to share it with my boyfriend who hasnt been since he was a child!!! 251 DAYS!!!

Hello Hello!!!

Happy planning and see you around the thread. :magnify:

So I added a section on the first page where we can keep track of any refurbs/closures/etc. for the month of October. If you know of one, post here and I'll add to front page!

I also tried to make the colors more pleasing to the eye, I think the all purple may have been hard to read. Let me know if it doesn't look right. :)

So reading the bounceback offers are completely blocking out October and November - which may mean no free dining for those months and probably limited room discounts.

I wonder if people will change trips dates due to that? Maybe crowds will start to go down again...but probably not! :) We never book with discounts in mind, but we do grab them if we can.

Joining in!

No solid dates nailed down yet, but I am aiming for the end of October. I am waiting for my sister's academic schedule to determine what works best for her! I will be traveling with her and my mom. We plan on staying at the GF or a split stay of AKL and the GF. We went as a family two times in 2016 (May and December). Priorities for this trip will be MNSSHP, new AK activities, and F&W.

I am thinking we will try to do MNSSHP on either a Tuesday or a Sunday if the tickets are released similarly to last year. I went with my friends last year and got ten lbs of candy. :crazy2: That was a lot of walking! My mom has mobility issues so when I visit with her, I always plan our trips differently. We will be booking the Hallowishes (will it still be this? I have read rumors of Wishes may be refreshed/replaced, only time will tell...) Dessert Party once it is also released for our night. Animal Kingdom is completely up in the air and I plan on dedicating about 2 days there to ensure we get the new attractions in as well as favorites. F&W activities will depend on what chefs and musicians will be in Epcot during our stay. The food booths will be used for light snacking, but we are definitely TS meal people.

We will not have the dining plan, but I have my AP and TiW card. I see there are some Disney foodies in this group so that is exciting! A must do for my mom this trip is HDDR. She loves it! I plan on trying plenty of new ADRs during my March trip with my sister so I will try to narrow down some more places once I come back. My ME tags and MBs for March just came so I have been caught up in all things spring and WL. Fortunately I will have a few weeks in between my return and window to book ADRs to solidify plans. I could not get an October bounce back in December so I will try again in March (doubtful this will happen). If not, I will book a room upon my return to take full advantage of my 180+ days.

Looking forward to planning and discussing with you all!

As Jetblue released airfare (and I hate flying anyone else), we booked our flights! Under $500 round trip from Austin for two of us. Not to bad, plus I got my choice of seats on the plane.

I did however, book the flight for one day later. So our trip will be 10/8 to 10/14. Looking at options for that one night. I am hoping that once my 7 month window comes up, there will still be a lake view studio available at VGF. :scared:

Purchased our QS DDP as well. We will do one sit down the night we arrive, Saana.

Only 63 days till ADR day, 183 till FP+ day.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Hello PolyRob!!! Glad to welcome you to our group of October Adventurers! :rockband:

I added your name to list and will update if you want when you nail down your dates.

@Shunasee I updated your dates!

We are doing great, hope you are too! Just trucking along, getting through the (mild for Chicago) winter! :)

As Jetblue released airfare (and I hate flying anyone else), we booked our flights! Under $500 round trip from Austin for two of us. Not to bad, plus I got my choice of seats on the plane.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

I looked at JetBlue for our dates and it only goes through October 29, so I can book a flight down, but not back yet since we are coming back November 1st. :mad: But this happened last year with SouthWest, our trip spanned the end of November and beginning of December. I need to stop planning trips that span two months. :rolleyes:

I love flying, so I cant really help you there, except to say have a few drinks before you get on the plane! :drinking1

Pandora opening May 27th!!!!!

I am so excited by this!! :cool1:

Hopefully by the time our trips roll around they will have most of the opening bugs worked out and we will have an idea of how to tour DAK efficiently.

I have just book our October 2017 trip!! Oct 9-16 and staying at POP. I haven't been in a few years and there have been so many changes to trip planning since I last went -- FP+, magic bands, and MDE to name a few. And as if that didn't pose enough challenges this is also the first multi-generational trip I have planned. Looking forward to all the advice this board has to offer.

Happy planning!

I feel the same way! I havent been for 7 years and it seems so different! I normally just go with the flow when I have visited before, never really planned anything, just figured out the night before what to do the next day! Now with fast passes booked in advance, it changes everything! The planning has consumed my life! My boyfriend is tired of hearing about it already!!! 8 months tomorrow - we will be on our way!!!

Hello everybody!

I added one more category to the first post called "New at The World" - where we can list all the new rides, lands, shows, packages etc. that weren't around last October.

Keep me honest and let me know when I miss something! :)

Last edited:
Rivers of light dining package including tusker house and tiffins ready for booking starting feb 17. Similar to fantasmic package .

Rivers of light dining package including tusker house and tiffins ready for booking starting feb 17. Similar to fantasmic package .

I have a ROL dining package booked at Tiffins for my May trip...I always do trip reports, so I will definitely be taking notes to share with everyone for October! We'll be missing the Wishes replacement by a week, and Pandora by three weeks...but I'm happy to have a chance to say goodbye to Wishes and avoid the crush of people who will inevitably be there for the openings of both!

Hi everyone,
Being a foodie I'm amazed at all new dining packages ,restaurants that will be available in october! I follow disney food blog and bought ebook from them . So if any of you are planners like me, you will love spreadsheets they have . They also have great color pics of restaurants ,food and drinks . They also told good places to eat if your with toddlers or just adults . Ive been going since 1994 to wdw (disney junkie ) this book showed me many items i never knew about . Lol and I don't work for them ; ) i promise .

Thanks! I added it to the front page. I will also add a link to the website for Disney Food Blog under planning tools, you are right, it's a good one! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter