• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I agree about Appreciating live updates for recent visits and future planning… I get very frustrated with people that give answers like 2 years ago when I went … It is so different now and changes day by day…

Currently the one thing that upsets me the most is No trams in the parking lots and no boat transportation at Disney Springs for resort guests…

Last edited:
This is exactly one of the things that I will be saying when I summarize our stay. The way things are now, without Fastpass, Disney is like any other Six Flags or Cedar Fair amusement park. The way Disney has their park set up right now, it is going to drive people to try Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens.

Dan

Totally agree with you guys on this. Today was the first day I have been to Universal since I was a kid. Islands of Adventure was pretty awesome. My 19 and 10 year old daughters had a great time. We have been in the Disney World for the previous 4 days. Today was a big eye opener. Universal is just currently doing things way better than Disney. The customer experience is 10 times better.

Our last 9 full days of live updates if this helps consolidate things :
Hollywood Studios July 26 2021
Hollywood Studios Link

Magic Kingdom July 27 2021
Magic Kingdom Link

Epcot July 28 2021
Epcot Link

Animal Kingdom July 29 2021
Animal Kingdom Link

Hollywood Studios July 30 2021
Hollywood Studios #2 Link

Magic Kingdom July 31 2021
Magic Kingdom #2 Link

Epcot and Boardwalk to Polynesian Transfer August 1 2021
Epcot #2 Link

Hollywood Studios August 2 2021
Hollywood Studios #3 Link

Magic Kingdom August 3rd 2021
Magic Kingdom #3 Link

-Dan

Last edited:

We plan on Woodys tomorrow and we enjoyed several things at the F&W festival but the MK has just been awful.

I was also disappointed in food offered at MK except the waffle with fruit and Nutella was wonderful at Sleepy Hollow and of course dole whips!

The lunchbox tarts are so worth it- especially if they are the blueberry ones. Raspberry wasn't as good, but still worth it. Haven't tried the hazelnut.

We didn’t care for the tart but the tater tots with chili and cheese were awesome!! The grilled cheese was fabulous too!

I was also disappointed in food offered at MK except the waffle with fruit and Nutella was wonderful at Sleepy Hollow and of course dole whips!

I agree! The spring roll cart at the entrance to Adventureland was our favorite place in MK when we were there in May. Love the cheeseburger rolls. They have Buffalo chicken ones now too. YUM.

I agree! The spring roll cart at the entrance to Adventureland was our favorite place in MK when we were there in May. Love the cheeseburger rolls. They have Buffalo chicken ones now too. YUM.
I had forgotten we got the cheeseburger spring rolls. They were delicious and as good as ever- the 1 bright spot in MK food.

Today we’re going to Epcot when we hop this afternoon. Food from the festival has been consistently good but we’re trying the bbq from Regal Eagle for the first time. Fingers crossed!

I had a delicious salad at Cosmic Ray's in June. Our party all thought counter service food was much improved this trip at all parks since our trip 5 years ago.

My group of young adults still talks about Satuli Canteen bowls and bao buns and the ribs and salad at Docking Bay. I did not care for my chicken and macaroni and cheese at the Docking Bay, but that's my only complaint. Even my pizza and salad a Pizza Rizzos was good.

We plan on Woodys tomorrow and we enjoyed several things at the F&W festival but the MK has just been awful.

I agree, we’ve been skipping eating at MK and either eating at home before or after or grabbing a bite along the drive to or from home. We’ve been snacking at MK. The coconut Dole whip is so good if they still have that flavor.

Agree F&W has some really good

I agree about Appreciating live updates for recent visits and future planning… I get very frustrated with people that give answers like 2 years ago when I went … It is so different now and changes day by day…

Currently the one thing that upsets me the most is No trams in the parking lots and no boat transportation at Disney Springs for resort guests…

The trams are very missed!! Been walking 5 to 10 miles each Disney visit.

The big question for us today is whether the fireworks show at HS ( yes, I know it’s mostly projection based) is actually reopening today. The website says it begins today, but it’s not on the schedule and it says no showtimes today.

The front desk has no information on it and we’re going to be so irked if it doesn’t...it’s why we extended our stay by 2 days and moved to the Beach Club.

Guess we’ll find out when we get to HS this morning.:/

I had forgotten we got the cheeseburger spring rolls. They were delicious and as good as ever- the 1 bright spot in MK food.

Today we’re going to Epcot when we hop this afternoon. Food from the festival has been consistently good but we’re trying the bbq from Regal Eagle for the first time. Fingers crossed!
The big question for us today is whether the fireworks show at HS ( yes, I know it’s mostly projection based) is actually reopening today. The website says it begins today, but it’s not on the schedule and it says no showtimes today.

The front desk has no information on it and we’re going to be so irked if it doesn’t...it’s why we extended our stay by 2 days and moved to the Beach Club.

Guess we’ll find out when we get to HS this morning.:/

Just FYI...the Backlot Express actually has a great Cuban Sandwich and the Wookie Cookie🙂 and you can fill your own drinks.

Regal Eagle was really good when I tried it on my last trip…one of the better QS meals I had.

Just FYI...the Backlot Express actually has a great Cuban Sandwich and the Wookie Cookie🙂 and you can fill your own drinks.
Yes! Backlot Express was surprisingly good. We went in with low expectations but ended up enjoying the Cuban and the southwest salad.

Can you explain more about the blue umbrellas? Do you mean you can get the DAS passes issued for the trip at one of these locations? Or can you get a return time for any ride at one of the blue umbrellas? Example: if you are at an umbrella by Splash but can get a return time for Space mountain without walking over to the actual ride?

When it comes to the "Blue Umbrellas" and DAS:

--The Guest Experience Blue Umbrella can set a DAS return time for you for any ride. These are dedicated CMs in spots like right outside Galaxy's Edge by the Muppets in DHS in addition to the Guest Services at the front of the park. They are there to help with all kinds of issues you would go to Guest Services about (for example: you get a RISE boarding group, but realize that one of your friends isn't connected on MDE)

--The person assigning return times for DAS at an attraction can typically only do that particular ride.

Totally agree with you guys on this. Today was the first day I have been to Universal since I was a kid. Islands of Adventure was pretty awesome. My 19 and 10 year old daughters had a great time. We have been in the Disney World for the previous 4 days. Today was a big eye opener. Universal is just currently doing things way better than Disney. The customer experience is 10 times better.

Slightly off topic but in case people weren’t aware, when COVID hit, the way Universal went about their employees was SO MUCH better than Disney. So when it was time to call employees back, universal didn’t struggle nearly as much which i would say is pretty evident. I’m sure everyone can make their own opinions of the CMs at Disney vs. Universal right now and I’m also sure there will always be exceptionally good and bad instances with CMs but food for thought

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter