Help us decide which Disney vacation to go on

Why are you taking an expensive vacation with a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old? They're far too young for an expensive vacation like this.

No matter which one you choose, neither kid will remember it, and it won't be a vacation for you two either. Unless you bring along a nanny.

Go on a vacation by yourselves - you deserve the break with 2 young kids around. Wait until both kids are 5, then you'll all make memories. If you think you NEED to take a vacation, go camping, go to a Six Flags - or something less expensive.
This might be the rudest post I've ever seen.

My two year old has been on three cruises, Aulani once, and Walt Disney World twice. It absolutely was a vacation for me, and my wife, and his sisters. Every time.

OP, if you've never cruised before, I wouldn't jump right into a 7 night. Some people end up hating it.

Exactly this. We didn't know, and did it for a big birthday for DH. Our youngest was still nursing and in diapers, so we had to trade off going on the aquaduck, and also spending time with the baby in the baby water area. We did use the nursery but that had to be pre-booked which was a little bit of a hassle (and also had some limitations on how much time they could spend there. I think there was a minimum time to book also.)
We’re going to hold off on the cruise. The advice is too overwhelming to do it and I think our kids would love the oceaneers club. Disneyland it is

This might be the rudest post I've ever seen.

My two year old has been on three cruises, Aulani once, and Walt Disney World twice. It absolutely was a vacation for me, and my wife, and his sisters. Every time.

OP, if you've never cruised before, I wouldn't jump right into a 7 night. Some people end up hating it.
Thoughts on Aulani? That might be an option for us too. We’d do a 7 day there

Something else I just thought of...
A big part of our enjoyment on DCL are the shows in the Walt Disney Theater. Unless you can get nursery time scheduled during your showtimes, you would be missing that. The shows are pretty amazing and a 2.5-3 year old could easily sit through the entire show. Also depending which dining room you're in, some are very entertaining, some not so much. Dinner takes at least an hour, maybe a little more so if you think you would be preferring to just grab a quick slice of pizza to avoid the long sit down dinner, you're missing out on a good amount of what you're paying for.

Ooops... I just saw now that you already decided.

@DisneyDad1736 - you made the right choice. we have a 9 year gap between kid 2 and 3. We went on a DCL when the two oldest were 7 and 9 - it was perfect! the 9 year old we had to force to leave the Oceaneer's Lab and had the whole crew in tears when we left the ship. We almost pulled the trigger on going again when kid 3 was just under 3. She's very mature for her age due to the two older siblings but DCL is very strict about the age limits in the different rooms. Since she would not get to go to the >3 room, we'd have to pay for child care or juggle watching her ourselves the whole time. That didn't sound like much fun for any of us, especially on a cruise. We have not been back on a DCL since due to the older kids now aging out on the upper end. Tentatively planning on going when kid #2 goes off to college next year and we are a family of 3 on the cruise.

A cruise is completely different from going to the parks. A cruise is much more easy to enjoy as everyone can separate.

9/10 parents I talk to did not enjoy vacations in the parks with babies or toddlers. I don’t like changing diapers, leaving lines due to tantrums, leaving parks due to tantrums, parking strollers, finding the stroller, moving around slowly, not being able to enjoy most of the park, only the kiddie rides.

Disneyland for sure. For me, going on a cruise with my kids infant age would be too much for me. I'd need the choice to get a new scene and also a bigger room!

I would say DL and a family trip is more reasonable, but that's just me.

@DisneyDad1736 - I agree you made the right choice! And soon enough, your youngest will be potty trained and old enough to do ALL the things, at the parks and on the boat, and then you'll have lots of options. :) Enjoy!

@DisneyDad1736 - I agree you made the right choice! And soon enough, your youngest will be potty trained and old enough to do ALL the things, at the parks and on the boat, and then you'll have lots of options. :) Enjoy!
True. I found that once our youngest was potty trained and no longer needed naps, it really allowed us to expand our travel choices.

True. I found that once our youngest was potty trained and no longer needed naps, it really allowed us to expand our travel choices.
I trained our younger one to be able to nap anywhere - we would often get her to take a stroller nap and do the height restricted rides with rider switch and the older child during the nap. A peaceful time for all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter