Help! Standard Hard Rock Room or Portofino Club Level??

I believe all day on check-in day and until check-out time on check-out day. So you can get breakfast both days but no afternoon snacks the 2nd day.
May not be worth it for 2 heavy park days. Anyone point me to a good club level discussion? My search function keeps showing me results from 2013...

If you are in the parks all the time then CL is not worth the money. Hard Rock with a 5 min walk to Studios hands down winner for me.

We've done HR CL several times. Why I ever repeated it is beyond me. I guess I keep thinking, it can't really be that bad. But it is. It is really that bad. Breakfast is a joke. Donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, I'm assuming. Maybe hard boiled eggs. A few other pastries and packaged cereals. Juices. Yogurt. Snacks at lunch are now equal to what Disney has switched to, packaged chips and other snacks. At least Disney adds on veggies and fruit. Dinner is just poor. First, alcohol is served and very limited in how long it's out. It's never out for lunch, they've never brought it out for us if we asked. I hate when it's served. They clearly want to limit how much you get. It may not be spoken that it's limited but it is clearly how they make you feel. Dinner food felt like frozen and reheated chicken nuggets, chicken on skewers dipped in jarred sauce, frozen meatballs in jarred sauce, you get the idea. We love HR otherwise. We stay there several times a year and know several of the staff well. We always walk to the parks from HR. We'll take the boats to City Walk if there's a boat there when we come out. Otherwise we walk there too. We cut through the butterfly garden. We do miss the pool cut through. I'll be glad when the outside refurb is done and they have that reopen (maybe it is? haven't been since March)

We are trying Portofino CL next week. We have DGD with us and thought we'd like the bigger room, and not have to pay for the Rock Star suite over at HR. I've heard better things about their CL so we'll see. I know it can't be worse. LOL I'm going to really miss HR this time, it's been several years since we've stayed anywhere else. But I know we'll like the bigger room. We've only done the walk between HR and Portofino once, when we went over to a Harbor Nights event. It wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if we'll do the boat or walk this time. Will leave it up to the vote

We've done HR CL several times. Why I ever repeated it is beyond me. I guess I keep thinking, it can't really be that bad. But it is. It is really that bad. Breakfast is a joke. Donuts from Dunkin' Donuts, I'm assuming. Maybe hard boiled eggs. A few other pastries and packaged cereals. Juices. Yogurt. Snacks at lunch are now equal to what Disney has switched to, packaged chips and other snacks. At least Disney adds on veggies and fruit. Dinner is just poor. First, alcohol is served and very limited in how long it's out. It's never out for lunch, they've never brought it out for us if we asked. I hate when it's served. They clearly want to limit how much you get. It may not be spoken that it's limited but it is clearly how they make you feel. Dinner food felt like frozen and reheated chicken nuggets, chicken on skewers dipped in jarred sauce, frozen meatballs in jarred sauce, you get the idea. We love HR otherwise. We stay there several times a year and know several of the staff well. We always walk to the parks from HR. We'll take the boats to City Walk if there's a boat there when we come out. Otherwise we walk there too. We cut through the butterfly garden. We do miss the pool cut through. I'll be glad when the outside refurb is done and they have that reopen (maybe it is? haven't been since March)

We are trying Portofino CL next week. We have DGD with us and thought we'd like the bigger room, and not have to pay for the Rock Star suite over at HR. I've heard better things about their CL so we'll see. I know it can't be worse. LOL I'm going to really miss HR this time, it's been several years since we've stayed anywhere else. But I know we'll like the bigger room. We've only done the walk between HR and Portofino once, when we went over to a Harbor Nights event. It wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if we'll do the boat or walk this time. Will leave it up to the vote
We loved Portofino last year. Alcohol was still only out at evening apps but we really enjoyed it. They had hot items for breakfast everyday. Little breakfast wrap type things and potatoes in addition to the normal stuff. Staff was lovely as well and we never felt bad asking for beverages during evening apps. We didn't really make dessert and I think only made afternoon snacks once, if that. We had dinner out every day and spent most afternoons in the park. Loved having drinks and coffee throughout the day though. We have a RPR cl room booked for August and I think I may be disappointed. Loved the whole feel of PBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter