Help me focus on diet DOs !!!!!

OkieDisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I started on Wednesday on a journey to lose 90 lbs.

I need some things to think "positively" about (the things to eat LOTS of) as opposed to the things to stay away from. Give me your thoughts....

Such as:

DO drink lots of water
DO eat plenty of protein

Etc.

Ideas?

Thanks
Karen

Eat a lot of fiber. The Kashi cereals are really filling.:)

The Orville 98% FF popcorn is a good snack. You can eat an entire bag and not feel guilty.

Some people don't like them but I love the WOW ruffles.

V8 Splash is 10 calories/serving:)

I make my own veggie dip with Breakstone Light sour cream and Hidden Valley Ranch powdered dressing and it's 45/cal for 2 Tbs (1 point)

Eat MOSTLY protein. Try to eat a little carbs as you possibly can. Stay away from anything white! White bread, flour, rice, etc. Eat high fiber foods, and try to eat everything you can in its natural state. Also, try to stay away from anything low fat or fat free versions of food.. These foods are laden with sugar! Eat the real stuff, just less of it! Yes, lots and lots of water, and don't forget exercise! Good luck!

Do eat when you are hungry (physical, stomach growling hunger-- not bored, depressed, social hunger)

Do stop eating when you are comfortably satiated. Not stuffed, not unbuttoning your pants, not heading upstairs to get sweat pants.

Do listen to the cues of your body. If you are hungry, eat. If you are satisfied, stop eating and don't eat another bite.

Do slow down while you're eating so you give yourself time to feel your body's cues.

I lost 20 pounds fairly easily this way. I'll admit, I gained it back. But I didn't gain it back until I DELIBERATELY stopped following these guidelines. I KNEW I was eating when I wasn't hungry. I KNEW I was stuffing myself by finishing my food and THEN ordering (and finishing) dessert!

I need to start following these guidelines again.

Good luck!

by the way, I lost that 20 pounds eating everything I wanted ....regular, not low fat, real sugar not artificial.

I cannot be on a diet that tells me I can't eat the things I love:
sour cream
cheese
ice cream
bread
pasta
bacon

I also drank whole milk during that time.....my kids were on it and I didn't want to buy two types of milk.

God put those foods on earth for us to enjoy....and by golly, I'm going to! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter