Help - Cancel trip after 45 days no insurance

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Hi what happens if we cancel our trip after we pay the full amount say 10 days before the trip, my DH may get a job in the meantime and we may not be able to go.
right now we are 3 months out so no worries. Is this statement I found on another site true?
"If I cancel after the 45 days, but before the arrival date, even after I paid in full, I get the entire thing back except for the $200 deposit. RESULT - Spent $3000, and got a $2800 refund."

Thank you for your help!!!

Hi what happens if we cancel our trip after we pay the full amount say 10 days before the trip, my DH may get a job in the meantime and we may not be able to go.
right now we are 3 months out so no worries. Is this statement I found on another site true?
"If I cancel after the 45 days, but before the arrival date, even after I paid in full, I get the entire thing back except for the $200 deposit. RESULT - Spent $3000, and got a $2800 refund."

Hi,
Yes. Even if you've paid the whole thing you will get your refund back minus the deposit. Sometimes they do charge a small fee as well, but I'd say you should get pretty much all of it back. At least this is how it was explained to me last night by CM.

Thanks so much is there a point where we can't cancel and get all our money back minus $200 say 5 days before, etc ...?

I was supposed to go last week but we had a death in the family the day before, and we had to cancel the entire trip. I called about 18 hours before we were supposed to arrive and Disney refunded the entire trip with no penalties whatsoever. I just checked my account, and the money had already been fully refunded to me. Record time, and they were super nice about the entire thing.

Is there anywhere where that cancellation policy is listed? My DH is having a hard time believing that if we need to cancel 10 days before the trip all we lose is $200 plus some fee :-)

Thanks again

Is there anywhere where that cancellation policy is listed? My DH is having a hard time believing that if we need to cancel 10 days before the trip all we lose is $200 plus some fee :-)

Thanks again

Here you go.

Cancellation and Change fees
•For a cancellation made 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
•For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $200 per package plus any cancellation fees by hotels or other suppliers. . In addition, with respect to Grand Gathering experiences, no refund will be given for cancellations made 5 days or less from the experience date. No refunds will be given to no-shows.
•For a change made 44 days or less prior to arrival or that results in a rate change, there is an additional change fee of $50 per package plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers.
•For changes, the change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in rate resulting from the change.
•In addition: If your air travel has been ticketed, there will be an additional cancellation or change fee per ticket equal to the cancellation or change fee assessed by the airline. Please note that (x) cancellation of a nonrefundable airfare results in a charge equal to the entire amount of the airfare and (y) cancellation of a refundable airfare must be made at least 1 business day prior to departure.
•Vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled within 14 days after booking (for bookings 14 days or less prior to arrival, vacation insurance is nonrefundable if not cancelled at least one day prior to arrival). Upon any cancellation, the charge for vacation insurance will be added to the other applicable cancellation fees.
•If you cancel, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees and other amounts owed, will be promptly refunded.

The above excerpt is from here.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/ibc/DisneyWorldIBC/Descriptions/popups/popup_terms.html

Thanks again

I'm sure someone will post a link on here with that information, however I could not find it. Below is what I copied from my email confirmation with the rules and cancellation requirements.

Edit... Somebody just did above.

Deposit and Payment Procedures

"Deposit - A deposit of $200 per reservation plus the price of any published or promotional airfare is due at the time of booking or the reservation is not confirmed. For reservations that include vacation insurance, the total price of vacation insurance plan may also be due at the time the deposit is due.

"Final Payment - For reservations made 46 days or more prior to guest arrival, final payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. (may be referred to as "Disney") at least 45 days prior to guest arrival. For reservations made 45 days or less prior to guest arrival, full payment is due to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. at time the reservation is booked. Payments may be made online with a valid credit card number or made by check or money order and sent to Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., P.O. Box 409668, Atlanta, GA 30384-9668. For overnight delivery via private courier service only, payments made by check or money order should be sent to: Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc., Bank of America Lockbox Services, Lockbox 409668, 6000 Feldwood Road, College Park, GA 30349. Receipt of travel documents by guest is proof of final payment and, therefore, no other confirmation of receipt of final payment will be sent.

Cancellation Fees Prior to Guest Arrival

"Cancellation of Reservation - If the reservation is cancelled amounts paid, minus cancellation fees, vacation insurance premium, and other amounts owed, will be refunded. For cancellations made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival, there is a cancellation fee of $200 per package, plus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers.

"Guest will be responsible for any cancellation fees assessed by an airline. In the case of a non-refundable airline ticket, the cancellation fee is equal to the entire ticket price. Cancellation of a refundable airline ticket must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled airline departure time.

"Vacation insurance plan cost is nonrefundable.

Change Fees and Changes to Reservations Made Prior to Guest Arrival

"Changes to Reservation - For a change made 44 days or less prior to guest arrival that results in a change in the package price, a change fee of $50 per package, plus any change fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers, will be charged. Such change fees must be paid in addition to any increase in the package price resulting from the change. If air travel has been ticketed, guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as the change fee assessed by the airline.

"Changes to reservations which affect outbound flights or first night's accommodations must be made at least 7 business days prior to guest arrival. Land portions of the reservation cannot be canceled without also canceling the air portion of the reservation booked through Disney. Airlines/hotels/suppliers do not permit changes in certain situations. All existing travel documents must be returned to Disney via overnight delivery service and revised travel documents will be delivered to guest via express service, both at guest's expense.

"Disney reserves the right to restrict changes to any reservation.

Refunds

"No refunds will be given to no-shows. No refunds will be made for unused admission tickets, options or features, including meals. No refunds for airline tickets will be made after travel has commenced or if a flight is missed/delayed. Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 60 days after departure and will be assessed a $25 processing fee. All travel documents (including paper airline tickets) must be returned to Disney in order to process any refund. Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest's travel agent if the reservation is made through a travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refund monies by guests from their travel agents.

Travel Documents

"Travel documents (which include airline tickets or travel itinerary confirming an e-ticket) will be mailed approximately 40 days prior to guest arrival (after receipt of final payment); provided, however, that airline tickets which must be ticketed on the same day the reservation is booked will have an e-ticket confirmation mailed immediately after payment of such airline tickets. Due to various restrictions, documents cannot be shipped to all locations. Title to the documents passes in Lake Buena Vista, Florida upon delivery of the documents to the shipper or the mailing of the documents. Recipient is responsible for any duty or custom charges or expenses. Persons who are requesting documents to be shipped to friends or family members outside the USA should so note. Additional fees will be charged for the replacement of any lost or misplaced travel documents. Guests will pick up Disney theme park and attraction tickets at the guest's resort hotel upon arrival. Package component vouchers must be presented at time of use, including hotel vouchers for third party hotels.

Attractions, Tickets and Features

"Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Ticket media is not valid for special or premium events or other activities which are separately priced. Tickets are non-transferrable and must be used by the same person on any and all days. Age restrictions apply for access to certain facilities.

Vacation Insurance

"Vacation insurance plan cost is nonrefundable. To view the full Description of Coverage, please ask your travel agent or visit www.disneyworld.com/insurance/2013.

General Conditions and Responsibility

"Disney, its directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and representatives, shall at no time be liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury, or damage caused or arising in connection with any transportation, hotel or other services or products of third parties provided through Disney, or as a result of acts of God, acts of Government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, hijacks, thefts, or any circumstance beyond its control. Disney reserves the right to accept, retain, decline or cancel any reservation or any guest as a participant in its packages at any time and for any reason. In addition, Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a reservation, including the price, at any time prior to guest check-in if the reservation includes or was made as the result of a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in price or description of the package or package components, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the reservation. If a package is cancelled by Disney, Disney shall have no responsibility beyond the refund of monies paid to Disney for the package. The terms and conditions of any transportation services provided by airlines or car rental agencies shall be as represented by those third parties. Terms and conditions are subject to change by Disney without notice. If these Terms and Conditions contain any provisions construed to be unenforceable or unlawful by a court of competent jurisdiction, the same shall be deemed modified to conform to applicable law, or if this would cause an unreasonable result, such provision shall be stricken from these Terms and Conditions without affecting the binding force and effect of any of its other provisions.

Disney's Magical Express Transportation

"Consistent with airline baggage policies, Disney's Entities (as defined in this paragraph below) liability for loss of or damage to guest baggage or property arising out of Disney's Magical Express transportation is limited to a maximum of $3300 per guest regardless of the number of bags or amount of property (however, this policy shall not affect the applicability of Fla. Stat. Section 509.111 relating to loss of or damage to guest property at hotels). Disney's Entities shall have no liability for the loss of or damage to cash, financial instruments, precious metals, silverware, jewelry, works of art, medicine, computer/photographic/video/audio equipment, cell phones or other valuables. "Disney Entities" means Walt Disney World Resort, a division of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., its parent, affiliated and related companies, and the directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and representatives of each. No pets will be transported by Disney's Magical Express transportation except for service animals.

Governing Law

"All sales of packages take place in and are consummated in the State of Florida. Any claim, action or lawsuit (collectively, "Action") arising out of these Terms and Conditions, reservations and bookings, and/or all packages, products and services provided in connection with the reservations and bookings, including without limitation, components such as tickets, park admissions, packages, and room accommodations (all collectively, "Terms, Reservations and Products") must be filed and maintained exclusively in any court in Orange County, Florida having subject matter jurisdiction. These Terms, Reservations and Products shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.

Air Travel

"Flight schedules are not guaranteed. Disney shall not be responsible for any airline schedule changes, delays, cancellations, or any airlines' failure to perform for any reason including, but not limited to, strike or bankruptcy or cessation. Duplicate reservations are subject to cancellation by the airline without notice. Guests are responsible for reconfirming all flights directly with the airlines and are responsible for any additional fees (for example, baggage fees, advance seat selection or curbside check-in charges) payable directly to the airlines. Please contact airline directly prior to leaving home to obtain additional fee information and documentation requirements. Seat assignments are not guaranteed. If seat selection is unavailable through Disney, seats may either be assigned at airport check-in or may be obtained directly from the airline(s). Guests age 17 and younger must fly with an adult on the same itinerary and reservation. At this time, a government-issued photo identification is required for all air passengers 18 years and older. Travelers flying from origins outside the U.S. are responsible for obtaining the required travel documents for airline check-in and entry into the U.S.

I'm pretty certain you can even avoid the $200 cancellation fee if you simply change your reservation to a later date.

Thanks again

People have given you the info from Disney, but just in case you booked through a TA, check your emails/invoices/whatever you got. That's where the best info will be for your exact trip.

In the future if things are up in the air for you, you might consider just getting a room-only reservation and buying tickets in a different way. That way you put down a one-night deposit, then you pay the rest *when you get there*. You *could* even do that now, if you could float the deposit while waiting for your $200 deposit to come back. Could buy tickets through undercovertourist.com (I believe right now they still have them for the old price), have the room-only, and be a lot more flexible than you are now.

Just an idea. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter