HELP!! Beach Club vs. Downtown Disney

domer95

Earning My Ears
My wife are scheduled to be in Orlando from Nov. 9 -16. I have a seminar at the Grosvenor from 11/12-11/14. I currently am holding reservations at the Grosvenor and at the Wyndham Palace from 11/11-11/15. However, while some positive things have been said about both I seem to have read an equal number of negative comments. My preference is to stay at a Disney resort. Out of most of the Disney resorts it seems that Beach Club is closest to DD. However, it's not as convenient as the DD hotels for my seminar since I will have to drive to the Grosvenor every day. So do you feel that is an acceptable trade off to take the Beach Club and the drive or would it make more sense to just stay at one of the DD hotels? Also, my wife will be staying at the hotel for most of the day so I was thinking that the Beach Club would be nicer for her in that respect. Also, how long does it take the shuttle to get from the Beach Club to DD? Thank you so much for your help.

Ya know, I don't think the buses run from the resorts and parks to dt disney till the afternoon.

It would be nicer for your wife to stay at the Beach Club and have walking access to the parks and boardwalk area.

You could take a taxi to the dd disney area. Don't know what that would run you.

Herc.

Did you think about the Port Orleans Resorts? There are two to choose from and they are moderately priced. They are also the closest of all resorts to DD.

In April I had a conference at the Hilton in DD but I stayed at CBR. It was only about a 10 minute drive from CBR even with the road construction at DD. I'm glad I chose to stay at a Disney hotel but I would definitely rent a car as busses only run about every 20 minutes. So if you just miss a bus and have to wait for the next one, you could be late for your conference.

The BC is an awesome resort and much newer than any of the DD hotels. Its within walking distance of Epcot and MGM and Stormalong Bay, the themed pool at the Y&B Club is fantastic. Your wife will love it!

Donna

What about a studio at OKW. They even have a walking path, I believe, that goes to DTD. They also have a boat which goes to DTD. You can rent points, etc. This is right next door to Port Orleans but it is a vacation club. You might want to check out the disney vacation club forum and the rent/trade points board. You can really get a great deal renting points. From my calculations for the 4 nights would cost 320 or 32 points, 8 points a night. I might even be able to help you out if interested. This is a really great resort. It is our home resort. The studios even have a small kitchette in it, fridge, sink, micro and coffee maker.:smooth:

I'd choose a Disney resort and rent a car. They have a good deal at Dollar. We have a car for a week in October full size for under $200. The smaller car was around $150 for the week.

I stay at Disney resorts all the time when I am in Orlando for business. I have a seminar at the Courtyard at Marriott in DTD in Sept but I am staying at a Disney resort and I got a better rate for the room than what Marriott was offering!

Beach Club is my all time favorite resort, and I think your wife would love it there, so this would get my vote.

If you want the closest Disney resort to DTD, that would be Old Key West.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest