Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stresses me out about the possible return of FP, is that I don't know when it will happen. (I know it's the same for everyone) Pre-Covid, I knew what day to book my FP and if I didn't wake up on time, that was my fault. If I didn't get what I wanted...well, I tried and it was booked. This situation...the idea that FP could become bookable when I am not paying attention, or when I can't re-arrange my schedule because I didn't have enough notice, that is what worries me. This is the "lead time" I would like. Just a few days notice that it is coming, so I can be ready to try to get the FP we want along with everyone else.
Bingo :thumbsup2

Understand. I guess the quote made me think I said something I hadn't intended. The problem with the internet and forums is that it's sometimes difficult to gauge intent. That's why I thought I must've come off sounding entitled, something I loathe. Cakebaker, you do make good points and they are reassuring. I read all this stuff and remember the days when you just got on the ride and things were simpler. I know those days are gone for good and we do the best we can. Sorry for my defensiveness, my Dsis won't come on this thread at all as it might get contentious :joker: Actually, it's an interesting discussion and I'm learning stuff :rainbow:
No problem. I think we're all a bit on edge these days. Learning to extend a little grace is something I'm working on. :)

What if advance booking doesn't come back and it becomes only available in the parks. Considering there is a lot more kiosks it makes sense.

As long as they made it available to book by phone, I'll live with it. They can't possibly limit it to booking at the kiosks. The lines would be a nightmare.

What if advance booking doesn't come back and it becomes only available in the parks. Considering there is a lot more kiosks it makes sense.

I think the additional kiosks are for the situation they face where people arriving will not have had the advance notice. My humble guess is that it is to accommodate those folks without too much of a crush at the kiosks like some have mentioned.

What stresses me out about the possible return of FP, is that I don't know when it will happen. (I know it's the same for everyone) Pre-Covid, I knew what day to book my FP and if I didn't wake up on time, that was my fault. If I didn't get what I wanted...well, I tried and it was booked. This situation...the idea that FP could become bookable when I am not paying attention, or when I can't re-arrange my schedule because I didn't have enough notice, that is what worries me. This is the "lead time" I would like. Just a few days notice that it is coming, so I can be ready to try to get the FP we want along with everyone else.
Thank you! I think this is the message I've been trying to put across but it's coming out garbled :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

All it does, if they start it up immediately, is mean that those with under 60 days will be making their fp's with less time than normal. There's no way to fix that. Surely you aren't suggesting that you should be allowed access to making your FP's without having to deal with anyone who has less than 60 days competing with you? You realize that never happened at any point before? We were always in competition with anyone in the parks or anyone who was eligible to book.

The only ones shorted in this situation are the guests who no longer get that 60 day or 30 day window and have to compete with those who still have 60 days to book. Maybe they should let us book first without competition from those who aren't within the 30/60 day window. Sounds awful, doesn't it?

Lead time makes no sense whatsoever.

I meant that on previous trips I booked at 60 days and only resort guests were booking with me. Now I’ll be booking at the same time as everyone who is going those same days, on site and off site. More people. That’s what I meant by more competition.

Same-- we leave 2 weeks from Weds, and so afraid I might miss the boat !!

I meant that on previous trips I booked at 60 days and only resort guests were booking with me. Now I’ll be booking at the same time as everyone who is going those same days, on site and off site. More people. That’s what I meant by more competition.

I think that's a valid concern. That perk is a main reason to stay on resort property. If that doesn't come back, for the next trip, I'll consider staying off-site.

The kiosks were always there when FP+ was around for those that couldn’t (or didn’t want to) use their phone to make FP+ the day of.

Dan
I actually don't remember the kiosks, just the CM's with tablets. Of course our last trip was in 2017 :scratchin

And here I had already deleted that column (FP+ Planned times and attractions) from my planning spreadsheet. :-). Going to add it in now…. Praying I can book for our late July early August stay!
My Dniece is our spreadsheet person. I'm too much of a procrastinator. She says we are going to this park on such and such day and we follow along :tiptoe:

Should that happen, count yourself lucky that your trip isn't just days away and you lost all the lead time to look for whatever you can't find. Look at all those who would've had 60 days and only get what could be a few days- or those who are in the parks when it's released. I only wish it would've opened when I had 60 days.

At any rate, I'm going to be grateful for whatever time I get, if any.

Well this tells us its not a paper FP, which begs to reason the need for the kiosks.

I'm with you. I don't like the FP+ system. I with they'd do a hybrid type of system but have it so that you can't get a FP+ unless you are IN the parks at a kiosk (or from your phone). The 60 days crap is stupid.

Great. But that's not the case with most people.
I'm not a fan of FP+ either Disneyliscious. Methinks we are in the minority here :rolleyes:

I have to be honest. I have never even once noticed a fast pass machine in the parks, nor did I even know there was any, before these photos started popping up
Nope, me either. Just the CM's with Ipads walking around. As I mentioned earlier, we haven't been there since 2017 so much may have changed :hourglass

Nope, me either. Just the CM's with Ipads walking around. As I mentioned earlier, we haven't been there since 2017 so much may have changed :hourglass

Yeah, they were there. It’s just not something you noticed if you weren’t using them. I specifically remember the ones that are pictured by Buzz lightyear in MK

They were also by the crossover between Frontierland and Adventureland.

Lots of other places but they just went unnoticed

here’s an example map:
https://www.kennythepirate.com/2014...s-rides-shows-characters-dining-and-shopping/
Dan

Those of us under 60 days out... We all need an alert system :) when (or if) Disney announces that FP's can be booked. I too don't want to miss the start of it and come back to have all the "good ones" :) booked up.

Dan
Absolutely agree with this :thumbsup2

I think that's a valid concern. That perk is a main reason to stay on resort property. If that doesn't come back, for the next trip, I'll consider staying off-site.

Yeah, that plus extra magic hours. It’s a pay more for much less trip this time. I was excited when I booked because I just wanted to go after being stuck in the house for so long but as time went on I got less excited and more stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter