Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they probably should charge for whatever they introduce. It's a sure fire way to cut down on demand. But that opinion is not a popular one on these boards.
Why on earth would it be popular? Maybe they should charge for cups of water too. Why not charge tolls for using the sidewalks at the same time?

Why on earth would it be popular? Maybe they should charge for cups of water too. Why not charge tolls for using the sidewalks at the same time?

Because some people want the system to actually work and the only way to get that is to lessen demand. If you can figure out another way to reduce the demand for something other than making it more expensive, let me know. They shouldn't charge for water because there is no excessive demand that is straining the water supply, and other than at closing, the sidewalks are still pretty easy to navigate.

The system did work great. Can't blame the system for user malfunctions.

I was talking about in regards to a maxpass type system. FP+ worked great for us, no problems at all and I'd be more than happy if they returned to it exactly as it was. But I was originally responding to a post about changing to a maxpass type and probably should've been more clear about that.

Because some people want the system to actually work and the only way to get that is to lessen demand.

(Disney CEO) - Bob Iger, Disney's executive chairman, saw his pay package slump to $21 million in fiscal 2020 from $47 million the year before, which included a large bonus.

SeaWorld CEO - Swanson made $1,993,055 in total compensation. Of this total $356,667 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $1,626,631 was awarded as stock and $9,757 came from other types of compensation.

I used SeaWorld as an example because of how they operate Discovery Cove. Discovery Cove only allows X amount of people in that park per day. Period. They charge a price that is expensive but reasonable in terms of vacation dollars.

Yes, SeaWorld is a smaller operation than Disney but not enough to warrant the extreme difference in salary. Disney doesn't need to lessen demand. They need to lessen attendance. There is a difference.

If Disney cut their CEO's salary by 27 million dollars a year (I mean, come ON - he'd still be making 20 MILLION a year), and with going with the pre-covid attendance of 21 million people and salary of 47 million dollars, along with the decreased wages, maintenance, food, and entertainment costs that would be associated with even just slightly fewer people - that would make a difference in making up for lost revenue due to capped attendance. That is only ONE way of making a difference. Imagine if the ridiculous salaries of the 10 highest paid were slashed to something more reasonable (albeit still extremely wealthy). There are a few different ways Disney could cap attendance at a reasonable amount that would allow the guest experience to increase, park demand would increase (more people would now want to go because they "can't" due to capped attendance), park revenue would increase because happy park guests tend to spend more money, etc.

I'm not an economist and I don't know all the ins and outs and logistics but to say the only way they can decrease attendance is to increase park ticket prices just isn't true. There are PLENTY of places Disney could make financial "cuts" on the back side of things that doesn't involve the guest having to pay more. Just some thoughts.

(Disney CEO) - Bob Iger, Disney's executive chairman, saw his pay package slump to $21 million in fiscal 2020 from $47 million the year before, which included a large bonus.

SeaWorld CEO - Swanson made $1,993,055 in total compensation. Of this total $356,667 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $1,626,631 was awarded as stock and $9,757 came from other types of compensation.

I used SeaWorld as an example because of how they operate Discovery Cove. Discovery Cove only allows X amount of people in that park per day. Period. They charge a price that is expensive but reasonable in terms of vacation dollars.

Yes, SeaWorld is a smaller operation than Disney but not enough to warrant the extreme difference in salary. Disney doesn't need to lessen demand. They need to lessen attendance. There is a difference.

If Disney cut their CEO's salary by 27 million dollars a year (I mean, come ON - he'd still be making 20 MILLION a year), and with going with the pre-covid attendance of 21 million people and salary of 47 million dollars, along with the decreased wages, maintenance, food, and entertainment costs that would be associated with even just slightly fewer people - that would make a difference in making up for lost revenue due to capped attendance. That is only ONE way of making a difference. Imagine if the ridiculous salaries of the 10 highest paid were slashed to something more reasonable (albeit still extremely wealthy). There are a few different ways Disney could cap attendance at a reasonable amount that would allow the guest experience to increase, park demand would increase (more people would now want to go because they "can't" due to capped attendance), park revenue would increase because happy park guests tend to spend more money, etc.

I'm not an economist and I don't know all the ins and outs and logistics but to say the only way they can decrease attendance is to increase park ticket prices just isn't true. There are PLENTY of places Disney could make financial "cuts" on the back side of things that doesn't involve the guest having to pay more. Just some thoughts.
Another way to be to actually add new attractions. Outside of MK, there isn't enough attractions in each park for the amount people that attend them.

Another way to be to actually add new attractions. Outside of MK, there isn't enough attractions in each park for the amount people that attend them.

Excellent point. I believe 7DMT cost 25 million to build. They could add a new ride of that level and theming every single year if they'd cut the salary in half of the CEO alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter