Heard some FP kiosks were uncovered in MK today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I have no issue. This thread is about FP+ kiosks and the possibility of FP+ returning. Signals got mixed, for me anyway, when you started throwing legacy fast pass issues, and previous FP+ issues in there. I apologize.

I too hope for the seamless return of FP+.

Dan
The reason people are talking about legacy FP is because all the installations of machines have people wondering if Disney intends to return to something like legacy fastpass (same day only, in park, not on phone) for free and upcharge guests for the far better FP+ experience (book up to 3 in advance, can book additional same day on your mobile phone). That is the model they have at Disneyland, so there is concern it is being deployed at WDW in the near future.

Exactly. Though I'm surprised to see so many kiosks at some of these places.
That is a little strange. Can't quite figure that one out. Even if they did same day only, they surely wouldn't eliminate using your phone. That would make for insane lines at the FP machines.

I know there used to be quite a few at that tomorrowland spot, not sure what we're looking at is really an increase there.

We never did it much, but there used to be kiosks everywhere to get a FP+ from rather than use your phone.
The kiosks were always there when FP+ was around for those that couldn’t (or didn’t want to) use their phone to make FP+ the day of.

True, but that was at a time when not everybody had a smart phone. It's clear Disney is wanting to go all mobile/virtual but yes, there are still some folks who do not have smart phones to do so. In that case, they'd need the kiosks BUT, there would be no need to install MORE kiosks than were present back when they were readily in use years ago. That part doesn't make sense.

The reason people are talking about legacy FP is because all the installations of machines have people wondering if Disney intends to return to something like legacy fastpass (same day only, in park, not on phone) for free and upcharge guests for the far better FP+ experience (book up to 3 in advance, can book additional same day on your mobile phone).

You think better than me. That's a pretty logical explanation.

True, but that was at a time when not everybody had a smart phone. It's clear Disney is wanting to go all mobile/virtual but yes, there are still some folks who do not have smart phones to do so. In that case, they'd need the kiosks BUT, there would be no need to install MORE kiosks than were present back when they were readily in use years ago. That part doesn't make sense.
I don't think there are more machines than before. I think they are just reinstalling those that were there before.

Batteries die on our portable devices, so the need for the kiosks will always exist even if it was the same 'ol FP+ system. With 10's of thousands in a park on a given day there will always be the need for kiosks due to unforeseen reasons.

I have to be honest. I have never even once noticed a fast pass machine in the parks, nor did I even know there was any, before these photos started popping up

I don't think there are more machines than before. I think they are just reinstalling those that were there before.

Batteries die on our portable devices, so the need for the kiosks will always exist even if it was the old system. With 10's of thousands in a park on a given day there will always be the need for kiosks due to unforeseen reasons.

Good point. I also considered that the fact they have multiple machines also allows for redundancy. If one or two machines aren't working, they have back-ups at the ready.

I may or may not have roughed in what FP's for what days, just in case. :)

I'm pretty immune to disappointment regarding my Disney trips, I got vaccinated when they shut down. I'm ready for whatever they do, just want them to do it!

That's a good idea, I am going to jot down potential FP selections tonight just in case. Yes, do it already!!! :laughing:

I don’t remember what the tiers were. Is it still
Posted somewhere?
Tiers! I haven't thought about that in forever! With the new attractions at HS and Epcot, not sure anything you'd find right now would apply anymore.

There appears to be some kind of fast pass test going on at Animal Kingdom today with select groups. We were talking to a CM about the single rider line for Expedition Everest (still not open) when a group walked up with a 12:15pm fast pass. He clarified fast pass, not DAS, verified on their phone, and directed them to a different CM. We asked and got told they were testing with “select groups” and that there was nothing further he could say.

Who are these lucky people???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter