Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
I fly to Orlando Friday for 12 days…let’s just say I’m happy you no longer need to test to go 🤪 Did cruise to Alaska last week, one of the travellers with us (separate room) tested positive yesterday. I hope I’m fine because I have not seen her since Thursday - the night before we disembarked. So she could have got it flying home. (I drove) …I have spent the last 3 weeks thinking I have Covid. (I have no symptoms …but when I got Covid in February - I also had no symptoms). …and yes I tested and I’m negative. This stupid disease really messes with your head.
I'm curious how much covid is spread this way. 15 months ago. My DD and DS and all the grandkids would test even without symptoms just to be sure before they came to see us. Now no one thinks twice about testing if there isn't at least a sniffle involved. If I went to disney and felt fine 5 days into the trip, I'd never test, just to be sure. Not sure why disney would be so much worst than my grocery store.

Just so you know...you can test positive for several weeks - months after. That is not uncommon.
This is true. Some people test negative quickly, others don’t. It doesn’t mean you are shedding live virus, you could just have traces of broken virus the test is still picking up.

If you’re fully vaccinated, 5 days of iso and an additional 5 days of masking when around others is generally considered to be safest. That’s what we’re currently advising for our healthcare staff in my company

We have been home for 12 days and no one in our family got COVID. We spent 2 days in Disney and 7 days in Universal. We drove down from Niagara Falls and never wore masks and ate all of our meals indoors at restaurants or in the club lounge at Portofino Bay in Universal. We are thankful no one got sick!!
I’m going to cling to your experience for hope 😂

Got home 9 days ago, and no covid for either person in my travelling party. No masking (it was too flippin hot) except in the airport and onboard the flights (flew SW out of Buffalo and we were part of like 5% of people on board with masks - KN95s for both of us) and spent most time outdoors. HOWEVER I did end up with a wicked case of Bronchitis so cold and flu season is here for sure.

7 of us went in April and didn't catch COVID however our daughter and her family did have it just 2 weeks before going on the trip. However, 2 weeks after our return our son had to fly down to Orlando for a work conference and brought it back with him so our household of 3 came down with it all at the same time. So to answer the question, no we didn't get COVID from our Disney trip but from a subsequent trip taken two weeks after our return.

I've been over a dozen times since the start of Covid. We have not gotten sick from any trip. We've done various levels of cautiousness/masking from only outdoor dining and masking everywhere early on, to taking basically zero precautions on our more recent trips.

Popping in this thread to say, I did not get Covid on trip # 4 of the year, but did pick up an annoying dry cough around day 5 🤪 Still hanging around 8 days later. No idea the cause, I’m blaming the Saratoga Springs Air Conditioning. We were SO cold the first night. The set temp, did not seem to meet reality. I’ve tested a few times to be sure. (But it never felt like when I had Covid previously)

I got home yesterday, and already it’s doing better than it was the last few days.

Stayed at CSR 9/5-11 and on 9/11 checked into POP 9/11-14 began having Covid Symptoms on the afternoon of the 11th and tested positive for Covid on 9/13.

Hard to believe people are still talking about this.
Why? There is still a fairly sizeable swath of the population for whom Covid is a serious illness. My family falls into that camp. This thread, along with other more scientific metrics allows me to make informed decisions for my family as it relates to travel.

I’m scheduled to leave in a few weeks and wastewater metrics, case counts and anectodal reports in this thread all point to an improving situation in Florida.

I’m grateful that people are reporting back.

Covid might be done for you, but it’s not done for all of us. Keep your comment to yourself.

We did not get C19 on this most-recent trip Sept 13-20. We also went in May for 10 days and were similarly lucky.

We did not mask in the parks at all. Booked Plaza Lounge at Pearson, did not mask there either, and with extended meals/drink service in business class on our flights, we were only masked about 50% of the time on the plane. Having said that - we're on our fourth dose of vaccine (as of July), and my husband had C19 in March. We *did* catch something else though, despite diligent hand sanitizing and Clorox wipe-down on the plane. A mild sore throat/sniffles for 3 days but C19 tests were all negative.

Went to Disneyland on September 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Arrived back in Canada on September 4th and tested positive on September 7th. Interesting, the other 4 family member didn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter