Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
Stayed at the Yacht Club for a week starting this past Labour Day. Tested positive mid trip and spent the remaining days in an expensive hotel room. I work from home in the country and rarely leave the house so I assume I picked it up at the airport or plane. The wife didn't test positive until the day after we arrived home.

I’m curious, of the people who have recently gotten Covid on a Disney trip, did anyone have the updated booster?

I’m curious, of the people who have recently gotten Covid on a Disney trip, did anyone have the updated booster?
Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with the booster. Obviously, it didn't prevent Covid but I feel confident it kept me out of the hospital.

We have been twice this year & leaving again in 14 days. None of us have had Covid after visiting the parks.

Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with the booster. Obviously, it didn't prevent Covid but I feel confident it kept me out of the hospital.
Did you have the booster that came out within the last few months?

My DH and had the two vaccines and booster and was waiting until a little closer to our trip So we got the updated one about a week ago. Just to note. DH and I felt nothing but a bit of injection site soreness. Our DS felt like he was hit by a truck . Lots of body aches for a day.

Just came back after Hurricane Ian after two weeks of staying at the Contemporary. No Covid for the three of us. We didn’t get the bivalent yet but are all boosted, etc.

The bivalent?
No, the bivalent booster wasn't released in Ontario before our trip on the Labour Day weekend. Now that I've had Covid, I have to wait from 3 to 6 months to get the bivalent booster. Even though my symptoms have lingered for a month now, I don't regret going. I'm a little Disney World crazy, what can I say...lol.

Both my husband and I had our 2 vaccinations and 2 booster shots when we went to Universal for 11 days. I wore a mask for all the indoor rides while my dh didn’t wear one. Visited Disney springs and California Grill twice. No issues.
:flower1:

Recently came back from our first trip since Christmas 2019 (22/09-3/10) and did not get COVID. I was previously infected in August (I’m vaxxed and boosted), my mom got her booster (not bivalent) before an international trip in July. Although we didn’t get COVID, my mom got a nasty cold. She tested negative twice. What’s weird is we’ve gotten some sort of cold on almost every WDW vacation (pre-COVID).

Went Memorial Day weekend. Wife came down with it. I didn’t. The pills worked well for her.

May I ask what pills? I wasn’t aware of there being an effective anti-viral that’s readily available. Something like this could set a lot of people’s mind at ease; I know a number of people who have had absolutely miserable bouts of the (theoretically) milder Omicron variant.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

May I ask what pills? I wasn’t aware of there being an effective anti-viral that’s readily available. Something like this could set a lot of people’s mind at ease; I know a number of people who have had absolutely miserable bouts of the (theoretically) milder Omicron variant.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
The medication the PP is talking about IS available here in Canada but only to a very specific group of people and you do need a script for it - I've seen a sign in the door at the Rexall we use saying that they have it in stock but you need to have already received approval and you need to take it within 5 days of having symptoms. There's also a lengthy list of medications that interact with this to the point that a pharmacy won't dispense it if you're on any of them. I've attached a link to the info in Ontario and Alberta as examples.
Paxlovid in Ontario
Paxlovid in Alberta

The medication the PP is talking about IS available here in Canada but only to a very specific group of people and you do need a script for it - I've seen a sign in the door at the Rexall we use saying that they have it in stock but you need to have already received approval and you need to take it within 5 days of having symptoms. There's also a lengthy list of medications that interact with this to the point that a pharmacy won't dispense it if you're on any of them. I've attached a link to the info in Ontario and Alberta as examples.
Paxlovid in Ontario
Paxlovid in Alberta
Oh yes...I see now that PP is American. I was aware of Paxlovid but alas, it’s not within reach of most of us.

My colleague was given a prescription so she could have them with her while traveling to the Magdalen Islands since she’s currently undergoing cancer treatments. We are in QC. So not impossible to get but not widely available either.

A daughter and I cruised in August to Alaska and were two of only a handful who masked. A number returned with Covid but we did not. I did get a second booster before we left which worked as my teen daughter not travelling picked up Covid at work less than two weeks before we had to test. I was her taxi and started masking in the car several days before. So glad I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter