Have to sell DVC!

GET A SECOND LEGAL OPINION NOW!!!!
i seriously doubt you are liable for debts and obligations post divorce and if it's yours as part of equitable distribution of common property then i would believe that you would only have to pay filing fees to change the deed
i would not start thinking sale until exploring all avenues including checking with dvc legal department, if ex renounced ownership then i can't see how it can be considered a seizable asset for bankruptcy

pirate:

Thank you all!

You have all given me great advice and I already have made phone calls, however, being Friday I have not been able to talke to anyone.

I am willing to try anything to be able to keep my DVC!

I'm keeping a positive outlook that there is something that will work out in my favor.

You all have shown such kindness....thank you all so much!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll keep you posted.

Vicki

pixie dust to keep your DVC

from a new owner.
6.gif

So very sorry that you have to go through this! Sending good thoughts your way.............

And i'm in agreement with the folks here - this should not be included in his bankruptcy - unless HE does it. Per your divorce decree - sounds like HE is NOT entitled to do that.

The only way DVC would even care is if the mtg payment is late and that's under your control.

And as far as the loan goes - if the payments were late, then everyone one on the loan gets the bad credit rating. Although the divorce can divide the property - it can't prevent that - the only thing that will is a refinance.

And for a loan to a single mom - discrimination on the basis of sex and source of income is illegal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You choose to disclose your source of income. Technically, they have no way to verify if he is paying you or not. I believe that if you list it - they need to consider it.

Good luck.

I have been divorced since 2001, the ex had emotional problems that got more severe with time, and after 19 years I had no choice but to end it. I had wanted to join DVC for years but he wasn't into it. I bought on my own and now my two DD's and I can enjoy DVC for many years to come.

To the OP: I am so sorry to hear about your DVC problems due to the divorce and I hope the advice of others on the board helps you maintain your ownership. It's hard enough to be a single Mom, WDW trips are such a great escape from the stress and responsiblities of single parenting. Good Luck, I have my fingers crossed that next week after you make those phone calls you'll be back posting you were able to keep your membership.

:wave2: :flower3: :rose: ::yes::

P.S. As for men (or women!) who refuse to pay child support--there should be a special place in hell for those "parents"!

Vicki, good luck! I hope you get some positive results from your phone calls! Keep us posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter