Have other guests ever gotten mad at you, for something you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People get really angry at me because I'm tall and I apparently am blocking ALL their pictures? I've been the tall person in the room most of my life and I'm used to trying to get out of the way. But I've been called the rudest things every time at WDW because I'm too tall for parades, rides, pictures of the castle, shelves in stores, pictures of scenery, signs for QS food places, you name it. And I'm not even 6 foot! I once asked a lady if she wanted me to sit down in the middle of a shop so she could see something past me and I sure embarrassed her. I try not to block parades for kids, but otherwise cut me a break here! :worried:

I think you can stave this off by trying to sit for parades/fireworks.

Someone needs to admit that they photo-bombed the wrong family and received a brutal beating. :smokin:

Two moments sprung to mind instantly when reading the OP's comments. The first incident was three trips ago when my mother and I were trying to make our way to the exit and meet the up with the rest of our group after the fireworks at MK. A man was behind us pushing his wife in a wheelchair and attempting to exit at warp speed…which is next to impossible when everyone and their brother are crammed onto Main Street USA…with little regard for my mother's poor ankles. Despite our attempts to slow him down and show some consideration he ran into my my mother about 5 times. She finally had enough at the 6th ramming and screamed at him in such a fury I think he finally understood that we were displeased. LOL
The second incident was again during a MK departure. On our last trip, we were boarding a bus back to the resort when the woman in front of us pushed her over flowing with junk double stroller all the way to the end of the line before realizing she had to empty and fold before boarding. The bus driver asked her to move to the side and instructed the rest of us to board, but she would have none of it. After we wiggled around her anyway to board, she began screaming at me that "Patience is a virtue!" and that we should all wait our turn. I really wanted to stop right there and :rotfl2: but I kindly apologized to her for the perceived injustice and told her that we were only following instructions (which is also quite appropriate) and to have a great night.

Two things, both related to Tower of Terror. When we are ushered into the room to watch the TV before going into the boiler room, I try and scan the room for someone that would probably not take offense and stand near them. At the end when they say "The Twilight Zone" for the final time I usually turn to that person and also say "The Twilight Zone" in a loud whisper somewhat close to their ear. Of the dozens of times I've done this, only one person gave me the evil eye, so not doing too badly on that one.

The second thing I'll do is on the ride itself, but only if I see that there are no little kids on my "elevator" that could be scared going into it. During the few seconds between when it's pitch dark and the ride goes up or drops for the first time, I'll let out a blood curdling scream. I haven't had anyone get mad at me for that one yet.

On my June trip last year, I was a part of an absolutely mortifying situation...my (now ex) boyfriend almost started a fight over the ordering line at one of the restaurants in DTD. He didn't understand the process and wasn't interested in learning it, all my efforts to the contrary...so this other man and his teenaged kid simply bypassed us in the line so they could pay and find a table. When my bf blew apart it took a lot of effort from me to stop these two grown men from brawling! I was humilated...and this is actually one of the reasons why the relationship is now over!

Mostly though I've had good experiences at WDW. Even in the moments when no one pays attention to queue lines, double ordering at quick service, accidental photo bombs...the magic holds.

Two things, both related to Tower of Terror. When we are ushered into the room to watch the TV before going into the boiler room, I try and scan the room for someone that would probably not take offense and stand near them. At the end when they say "The Twilight Zone" for the final time I usually turn to that person and also say "The Twilight Zone" in a loud whisper somewhat close to their ear. Of the dozens of times I've done this, only one person gave me the evil eye, so not doing too badly on that one.

The second thing I'll do is on the ride itself, but only if I see that there are no little kids on my "elevator" that could be scared going into it. During the few seconds between when it's pitch dark and the ride goes up or drops for the first time, I'll let out a blood curdling scream. I haven't had anyone get mad at me for that one yet.

Wow. I can guarantee you that plenty of people were mad at you for both of these things.

Actually this happened when my plane landed at Orlando airport. I stood up to get my carry-on bag down from the overhead compartment at the same time the man who had been sitting next to me stood. I tugged my bag down and accidentally bonked him on the head with it.

I apologized profusely, but he started swearing at me, calling me all sorts of rude names (plenty of kids around as you'd expect on a flight to Disney). I had to stand behind him the whole time it took to make our way out of the plane and up the exit chute, and he ranted the entire time. I mean,my bad and all-but seriously? :sad2:

Wow, I try not to comment on things but how can you tell by looking at someone that they will or will not take offense? I would not be the least bit impressed to have someone get close enough to whisper in my ear unless you were my husband or my child.

I have a problem with not honoring other people's personal space. It must be a spatial problem I have because people are always upset with me being so close.

Or I smell?

My ds has the personal space issue. He was always bumping the person in front of him as a kid. We figured out that he had to wait in between DH and myself in the lines, otherwise there were some uncomfortable looks made our way.

We got 30 min early to get a good spot for the parade, when we got there there was nobody waiting. We all sat down since we were really tired and waited. The parade is about to start and people with their kids come over and they tell the kids to go ahead and stand in front of us so they can watch the parade "because adults can stand up". Um no we got here early because we wanted some rest I told there mom that we are nit standing up and if she wanted to get a good view of the parade she should have come earlier. She said the told us people with out children shouldn't be a WDW. I told her we paid as much as her children if not more to be here and there is no age limit and I turn around. She tried to say something but I just said I have no time for her because the parade is about to start. They left right away.

DH and I went alone for the first time last Sept. We went to MNSSHP and we grabbed a spot for the parade about an hour ahead of time. A family came up and had 2 kids, DH stood behind me to make a spot for the kids. Not good enough, the mom kept commenting on how this was really for the kids and how immature "some people" are and on and on and on. DH, who usually prevents making a scene at all costs, let her know that we paid to be there the same as they did and they had the option of staking out a spot as we did. I felt bad for her family because I think they were ok, it was her making the stink.

Please tell me you're not a Clown or Magician for kid's parties in you're spare time......

We were hot-footing it to TSM at RD, pre FP+ days. Wifey stood aside while I picked up FPs for us. As I left the FP distribution line to rejoin wifey there was a good 25 yd gap between the end of the forming standby line and the next clump of people heading our way. We strolled the the end of the SB line to some grumbling about 'line cutting'. Sorry dude, you're not 'in line' if you're rushing to close a 25 yd gap to the end of a still-forming line.

Bill From PA

Why would you do this other thna to irritate someone else. People are there to enjoy the planned attraction, not your ad libs.

I am a slow walker. I infuriate my own family. My husband also says I am not capable of walking in a straight line. I am sure I have angered more than a few on my 30+ trips. At least my husband is aware and moves my to the side .LOL

Yikes. :sad2:

1. I may have exaggerated how close I am when I do the loud whisper. I'm not right up in their ear and usually the girl/woman (never to a guy, a girl with a guy, or a kid) gets startled and the person with them laughs their butt off.

2. Part of the reason people go on this ride is wanting to get scared a little. I'm just helping them out. :)

1. I may have exaggerated how close I am when I do the loud whisper. I'm not right up in their ear and usually the girl/woman (never to a guy, a girl with a guy, or a kid) gets startled and the person with them laughs their butt off.

2. Part of the reason people go on this ride is wanting to get scared a little. I'm just helping them out. :)

1. Why do you only think it's acceptable to do this to women? It's not acceptable to do that to anyone, but that statement really adds a little extra "ick."

2. Yes, to be scared by the attraction, not by a random creep!

We had secured a spot at the rail on top of the train station for the parade and fireworks during MVMCP. We had gotten there about 2 hours early and pulled 5 chairs up to the rail for all of us to sit and wait for the parade. The only time any of us left was to take the kids to the restroom but we made sure 2 adults stayed at all time (there were 3 adults in our grp). As we were waiting others came in and stood behind us. We warned them that we would be standing up when the parade started. Well when the parade started we stood up. Both my mother and myself are short and we could not see over the rail while seated. A woman behind us started fussing at my mother and said now we can't see. My mother turned around a told her that she could see over the rail while seated and that we had been there for at least 2 hours to get the spot and that she was going to stand up if she wanted. The woman said a few inappropriate words in front of a lot of kids then left.

1. Why do you only think it's acceptable to do this to women? It's not acceptable to do that to anyone, but that statement really adds a little extra "ick."

2. Yes, to be scared by the attraction, not by a random creep!

:rolleyes1

Seriously, these are both creepy and uncool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter