Have fun storming the castle! A Feb. 2010 PTR - Mods I can be closed now!

Now our monitor is going out. :mad: This computer is TWO years old people! And why is it that men always say you're wrong when something is broken but they didn't see it? Me: I went to print something on the computer, and now it looks like the monitor is going out. DH: The monitor's not going out. Me: Well, it has all lines across the top quarter and no picture, and I didn't touch the settings, so I restarted the computer but it did the same thing. DH: You don't know anything about computers, I don't know why you insist on saying something is broken when you don't know. Me: But you haven't even gone upstairs and looked at it yet! :confused3

5 minutes later, after he goes upstairs...DH: Wow, I can't believe that monitor is going out after only 2 years, good thing it is still under warranty. Me: Yeah, who knew? :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: You just spoke the universal language of frustration for almost every married woman on this planet! :rotfl2: This is why I love the commercial so much with the woman reading the newspaper at the kitchen counter and the husband goes to the fridge to get the milk out and starts to drink it out of the carton, all the while the woman with her back turned to him, "KNOWS" what's about to happen and has just the sliiiiiiightest smirk on her face. The husband proceeds to go into convulsions to get to the sink faster than lightening to spit out said milk because it's beyond bad! And the best part.... the wife then says....."Fridge is broke."
She doesn't even crack a smile or turn around.
Baaaaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaa! :rotfl2::rotfl2: I love it!!!!
That commercial summed up the message every woman wants to make to their man for not believing them when they tell them something is broke.
AND, do you know what my husbands reaction was when I broke out in gales of laughter and couldn't stop for almost ten minutes?? "That's not funny!" Which of course made me laugh for another 15 mins. :rotfl:

I love him with all my heart but jeeze! I did go to law school, let's assume I have elementary powers of observation at least. :rotfl:
:love: Ditto. But dang, give us a break already! :laughing:

I apologize for him. Does that count? I'm a man at least...;)
Awwww, Jordie. That's the sweetest thing I think I've seen a man do for all the other male's out there....messing it up for everyone else. ;) :lmao:

I apologize for him. Does that count? I'm a man at least...;)

He did apologize...he even said "you know that I don't think you're stupid." But I assure you he will do the same thing again next time. :lmao: It's just such a silly reaction to me, it's not like I'm saying HE broke the computer! So I wasn't mad at him but I am mad at the computer still. :badpc: I am getting to know this emoticon too well. Anyway - thank you for the apology. I'll always take one even if I don't need it. :goodvibes

[COLOR="purple]That commercial summed up the message every woman wants to make to their man for not believing them when they tell them something is broke.
AND, do you know what my husbands reaction was when I broke out in gales of laughter and couldn't stop for almost ten minutes?? "That's not funny!" Which of course made me laugh for another 15 mins.

I haven't seen that commercial - but I laughed out loud when I read about it! And I'm sure Tony wouldn't think it was funny either! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay, so I went back and looked at our dining plans, what I thought I might eat and how much it would cost. We have the following ADRs (and yes, I rounded):

HDD Cat 1 = 62
CM = 28
CRT = 50
BD = Fantasmic package, but looks like you can order off the menu now so I'd be surprised if I spent more than $30 here. I mostly want to go for the Cobb salad. Also our dinner res is at like 3 pm or some non-dinner like time.
Fulton's = 45
AP = 45
Wave = 35
Tusker House = 25
CDF = 37
GF tea = 30

This comes to $387 :scared1: and doesn't include alcohol. The DDP for 7 nights would be 280, but we would only get 7 TS credits. Fultons and CDF (at least as of right now) don't take DDP. (I really thought CDF did, but when I looked on the 2010 brochure it wasn't there). Anyway, the most I can squeeze out of the 7 TS credits is $185. Which means I would be spending 95 dollars for 7 QS meals and 7 snacks. Given the chances that we won't have that many meals or will want to blow off an ADR along the way, I decided to stick with the OOP plan but put at least $500 aside in advance for food. Realistically it will need to be more, maybe $750 if I want to include all spending money and be sure I have more than enough. We do plan to order breakfast food, water, and champagne/wine from Garden Grocer.

I was going to sell some Christmas ornaments on ebay to get the money but I decided that it's so close to Christmas that I'm better off waiting until next year and listing them right after Thanksgiving. Some of them are selling for well above what I paid for them. (They are Swarovski snowflakes - they make a different one every year so they are collectibles.)

Speaking of wine, anyone know what they serve at HDD? I'm not a wine snob, but there are some wines that are just :sick: and I'm wondering if I'm better off with the sangria. Fruit hides a lot of sins in wine.

Okay, that shouldn't have been difficult but I hate numbers. People who can do math generally do not go to law school. There's your unprovable trivia of the day - lawyers cannot or do not do math. Except for patent lawyers and some tax lawyers (but not as many as you'd think). If we could do math, we would have gone to med school.

Okay, that shouldn't have been difficult but I hate numbers. People who can do math generally do not go to law school. There's your unprovable trivia of the day - lawyers cannot or do not do math. Except for patent lawyers and some tax lawyers (but not as many as you'd think). If we could do math, we would have gone to med school.

:rotfl2: I never knew this! That's to funny for words! :rotfl:

asians don't do math either. Oh wait....I mean THIS Asian doesn't do math.

Jordie, math challenged or not....we still love you. :hug: At least your with good company, I'm math challenged and techno challenged as you know. Although I'm not Asian, not even close.....but your still in good company! :thumbsup2
Can you DVR on your t.v.? I figured that out this week! Yeaaaa for me! :banana:
I'm still trying to get my son to help me load the pics on the puter so I can show you our treasure we (dd10) "obtained" pirate: the other night. :woohoo:

Hello Elizabeth - jumping on board late after seeing you post on the meandering microcosm that is Jordan's PTR. Love your TR title – we’re big Princess Bride fans here :thumbsup2

Looks like you have a great trip lined out for Donna Sue and you. Challenging first day you have lined out with an early wake-up for flight and a 9pm Hoop-De-Doo! Good call with leaving after Spectro to get there - as you said "no need to start off a trip stressed out!" ;)

For trip planning I've used a binder for our last two trips, printed word doc, excel spreadsheet, and internet info sheets bound in it along with a two-pouch insert for holding vouchers and tickets and such.

As far ad AK goes, we've only done one "one dayer" there so I'm not a good judge on a day's itinerary. We hit the ride/show high points and left a bunch not seen as far as the animal exhibits. One thing that worked really well for us was to hit Kilimanjaro Safaris right as the parade was about to start. The line for the safari is short and you can make it out in time to see the parade as it finishes right at the exit of the safari! Finding Nemo was a blast and I was at the very back of the auditorium and could see everything very well (you can look at the AK day on my WDW TR if you want to see a BUNCH of pics of it). With the PS seats you’ll be more surrounded by the action as some of the characters come out into the lower isles.

Good batch of ADRs overall – sooo many good places to check out, but it sounds like you are hitting some really good ones. :woohoo:

Congrats on getting your trip paid off and nice flashback from your trip in the second grade. We went when I was around that age too – possibly the same year you did as I’m 40 also. I remember it was the bi-centennial and the special parade they had for that. I remember 20,000 leagues too and riding the skyway through the Matterhorn. The high point for me was the Electric Light Parade :-]

RnRC is probably my favorite RC in the parks …with EE a close second. My younger daughter and I rode it 8 times on our daddy/daughter day at DHS …hehehe.

Glad your computer got fixed, hard to plan without it. And yes, those maps are cute and are more of a keepsake than a useful item.

Oh no, monitor problems too! It might be the monitor or the vid card, hard to tell without looking at it. Did you get an invoice detailing what the guy who came out did when he worked on your computer? Yeah, we men are bull-headed and like to see things for ourselves, just the way we’re wired I guess :confused3

Yup, the prices for the meals really add up. At least you're only paying for yourself though. And yes, math is horrible. I can’t stand it …and I’m an IT Director :teacher: :headache:

Looking forward to hearing more of your planning fun - hope you're having a great holiday!

asians don't do math either. Oh wait....I mean THIS Asian doesn't do math.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Can you DVR on your t.v.? I figured that out this week! Yeaaaa for me! :banana:
I'm still trying to get my son to help me load the pics on the puter so I can show you our treasure we (dd10) "obtained" pirate: the other night. :woohoo:

Woo-hootie! :banana: WTG! And now that you started posting pics you'll never go back. :thumbsup2

Hello Elizabeth - jumping on board late after seeing you post on the meandering microcosm that is Jordan's PTR. Love your TR title – we’re big Princess Bride fans here :thumbsup2

:welcome: and thanks - I don't know why but one of Tony's friends always says that to us when we leave her house so it just jumped out at me.

Looks like you have a great trip lined out for Donna Sue and you. Challenging first day you have lined out with an early wake-up for flight and a 9pm Hoop-De-Doo! Good call with leaving after Spectro to get there - as you said "no need to start off a trip stressed out!" ;)

actually after more thought I changed it to a 7:15 hoop-de-doo with the idea that we'll do spectro and wishes another night. We'll just spend a few hours at MK getting a taste that afternoon since we will have a whole day there later in the week.

For trip planning I've used a binder for our last two trips, printed word doc, excel spreadsheet, and internet info sheets bound in it along with a two-pouch insert for holding vouchers and tickets and such.

Thanks! This is close to what I have right now and I think it will work out. I have all our confirmations in one place and then a section for each park, and the excel spreadsheet in the front. I need to post an updated plan, I may do that tonight. The binder is at home. :thumbsup2

As far ad AK goes, we've only done one "one dayer" there so I'm not a good judge on a day's itinerary. We hit the ride/show high points and left a bunch not seen as far as the animal exhibits. One thing that worked really well for us was to hit Kilimanjaro Safaris right as the parade was about to start. The line for the safari is short and you can make it out in time to see the parade as it finishes right at the exit of the safari! Finding Nemo was a blast and I was at the very back of the auditorium and could see everything very well (you can look at the AK day on my WDW TR if you want to see a BUNCH of pics of it). With the PS seats you’ll be more surrounded by the action as some of the characters come out into the lower isles.

That is an excellent tip! We will definitely remember that ~ cool!

Congrats on getting your trip paid off and nice flashback from your trip in the second grade. We went when I was around that age too – possibly the same year you did as I’m 40 also. I remember it was the bi-centennial and the special parade they had for that. I remember 20,000 leagues too and riding the skyway through the Matterhorn. The high point for me was the Electric Light Parade :-]

We were obviously the same age since I know it was 1976 - but if the years are throwing you off, I started school early, so you might have been in first grade.

RnRC is probably my favorite RC in the parks …with EE a close second. My younger daughter and I rode it 8 times on our daddy/daughter day at DHS …hehehe.

I cannot wait to ride EE! I liked RnRC but I am obviously getting older as I felt a little breathless when we got off.

Glad your computer got fixed, hard to plan without it. And yes, those maps are cute and are more of a keepsake than a useful item.

Oh no, monitor problems too! It might be the monitor or the vid card, hard to tell without looking at it. Did you get an invoice detailing what the guy who came out did when he worked on your computer? Yeah, we men are bull-headed and like to see things for ourselves, just the way we’re wired I guess :confused3

I decided not to worry my pretty little head about the computer any more and just let DH take care of it. :rotfl: He did send the monitor back, we borrowed one from a friend in the mean time so it does seem to be the monitor and not the vid card.

Yup, the prices for the meals really add up. At least you're only paying for yourself though. And yes, math is horrible. I can’t stand it …and I’m an IT Director :teacher: :headache:

Looking forward to hearing more of your planning fun - hope you're having a great holiday!

True, a definite advantage to going with a friend and not family members! DH is going skiing in January (I don't ski - I don't go to cold places on purpose) so we are basically each having our own winter vacation this year.

Thanks so much for joining in and hope your holidays are happy too!

Happy New Year everyone!

Got my "Disney Vacations Must Sees for the Stepp Family" email with the photopass discount... thanks to the DIS I knew to look for it! It's getting close now. All I have to do is book the massages and start packing. :rotfl:

I got a new suitcase for Christmas (the airline broke my last one on the way home from Jamaica). It's a 29 inch, lightweight (my other one was so heavy I couldn't keep it under the weight limit) and olive green (still neutral but easy to find at baggage claim). I'll break it in for Disney. :) I think it is Delsey brand.

Oh and a Christmas card reminded me of one more thing we need to do. Tony and I have friends who live in Orlando, but we have only ever seen them in Jamaica (I know that sounds weird, but anyway). Because of that, we didn't even think to call them when we were there in July, so I promised I would let them know when I would be there in February. They don't know Donna Sue but that's not a problem, they're super nice. So I need to call them and see if they want to meet for dinner one night.

Last thing - I have to buy a new car before we go to Disney. Minor detail. :rotfl2: (Yes, we are flying - right now I have a lease and it ends at the end of February so I need to figure out what I am doing about a new car before I go.) I need something cheap-ish but reliable and not too small. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone had a good holiday!

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year!!

Got my "Disney Vacations Must Sees for the Stepp Family" email with the photopass discount... thanks to the DIS I knew to look for it! It's getting close now. All I have to do is book the massages and start packing. :rotfl:

I got a new suitcase for Christmas (the airline broke my last one on the way home from Jamaica). It's a 29 inch, lightweight (my other one was so heavy I couldn't keep it under the weight limit) and olive green (still neutral but easy to find at baggage claim). I'll break it in for Disney. :) I think it is Delsey brand.

I looooove shopping for luggage. I just don't always find good deals, actually....I almost never find good deals. It's hard for me to part with a lot of money when I know the airline will break it any way. How did you get around this when buying new luggage? Did you just take the plunge? Jordy, if I remember right you bought some before China, right? Help me out here.

Last thing - I have to buy a new car before we go to Disney. Minor detail. :rotfl2: (Yes, we are flying - right now I have a lease and it ends at the end of February so I need to figure out what I am doing about a new car before I go.) I need something cheap-ish but reliable and not too small. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone had a good holiday!
Had a great holiday. Hope yours was good. Buying a car is a headache and fun all at the same time, but in the end it's worth it. Hope you find what you want.

Corolla/Civic/Altima would be my first choices.

or the Ford fusion
This all sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 I'm partial to Honda, if you take good care of it, it will last you well into 300 thousand miles and beyond. We had one that did, before we sold it. Still ran like a champ.

I love new luggage. We bought some from both of our older kids for Christmas but ended up returning it. They don't like luggage like we do. :confused3

I hate buying new cars. Too many choices. Dennis loves shopping for new cars. He's helping my sister right now. We did get a Fusion in the spring and have been really happy with it so far. We'll be driving it to Disney!

I got my email about the photopass but I think I'll pass this time. We did it in June but Dennis doesn't want to spend so much time taking pictures. The only way I was going to get in a picture in June was by doing the Photopass. I hope he changes his mind.

Corolla/Civic/Altima would be my first choices.

or the Ford fusion

I kind of like the Fusion. Civics are always good. I need to see who is offering good deals right now too. Thanks for the advice!

Had a great holiday. Hope yours was good. Buying a car is a headache and fun all at the same time, but in the end it's worth it. Hope you find what you want.
This all sounds good to me. :thumbsup2 I'm partial to Honda, if you take good care of it, it will last you well into 300 thousand miles and beyond. We had one that did, before we sold it. Still ran like a champ.

Thanks Camille! Hondas are reliable, that would be good for me. I don't have a lot of luck with cars (ex - my catalytic converter went out on my current car at less than 25K miles).

It didn't grab the part about the luggage - I don't like to spend a lot either, but I got around it by having DH buy me a bag for Christmas. I don't know how much it cost. :thumbsup2 In the past I have found good deals on ebags, though, but you have to shop around. I usually check out the clearance section until I see something I like.

I love new luggage. We bought some from both of our older kids for Christmas but ended up returning it. They don't like luggage like we do. :confused3

I hate buying new cars. Too many choices. Dennis loves shopping for new cars. He's helping my sister right now. We did get a Fusion in the spring and have been really happy with it so far. We'll be driving it to Disney!

I got my email about the photopass but I think I'll pass this time. We did it in June but Dennis doesn't want to spend so much time taking pictures. The only way I was going to get in a picture in June was by doing the Photopass. I hope he changes his mind.

I love new luggage too - your kids don't know what they are missing!

I am going to check out the Fusion...glad to hear you like it. There are just so many cars to choose from!

That was my thought, that the easiest way to have pictures of both of us is to use the photopass guys. We didn't get one when we went in July since we weren't there very long. My sister got some she liked though of her family. Right now I don't think I'll like any pictures of me if I don't get going on taking off some of this weight I've put on! :scared1:

I cannot believe we are leaving in 31 days! I really need to start playing around with the camera so I can get some good pics. DH is taking it to NY on Friday (his winter vacation) so I'll have to wait until he gets back.

This week is crazy, I have to give a big presentation at work tomorrow and meanwhile I am getting swamped with my "regular" work. Still haven't downloaded ridemax, maybe tonight (I'm still a little scared of the computer!)

We got our ME packet :thumbsup2 and our photopass card in the mail. Cool!

I have off Monday so I am going to look at used cars then. I've been scouting consumer reports and right now I have on my list the altima, accord/civic, elantra, corolla, and the saab 93. I really want the saab but I'm not sure it's very practical. ;) I think I am going to go to carmax and test drive a bunch of things. I can get around any sales pressure by telling them that I can't buy until my husband is in town to approve the car. We live in Texas, they'll fall for that. :lmao:

Monday I called to get our massage appointments at the Grand Floridian, after we have tea there. They only have a 4 hour cancellation policy which I thought was pretty awesome! However, we did have a slight cultural difference when I was reserving:

Nice professional spa lady: Okay, I need the first name of the first person.

Me: Elizabeth

NPSL: Okay, and the last name?

Me: XXXXXXX

NPSL: And the first name of the second guest?

Me: Donna Sue

NPSL: Just the first name.

Me: That is her first name, Donna Sue.

NPSL: .....

Me: I mean, it's two names, Donna and then Sue, but they are both her first name.

NPSL: .....

Me: We are from Texas.

NPSL: Ooookay....and the last name?

:rotfl2: I guess I should have dropped the Sue. :rotfl2:

Too funny! You could also have said you're from the South.

Good luck car shopping. I hate it with a passion. That's DH's job, not mine.

Time's just a flying by! I have so much to do before we go. Yesterday Michelle and I worked on the binder. I printed all the menus of the places we're eating at and all the CS places we might eat at. I bought new sneakers and I really need to work on the list of the other stuff I need to purchase. We're also trying to get Danielle ready for her first Girl Scout camp out next weekend. I plan on getting lots done when she gone next weekend.

Hi Elizabeth...from another Elizabeth (as you may have guessed from my screen name) ;)

Saw your link from GB's TR. Love your PTR title, my sister and I once had the Princess Bride movie memorized and would recite scenes for fun. I know, crazy.

Well I'm in, now back to read, just started...4 pages to go.

Hi Elizabeth...from another Elizabeth (as you may have guessed from my screen name) ;)

Saw your link from GB's TR. Love your PTR title, my sister and I once had the Princess Bride movie memorized and would recite scenes for fun. I know, crazy.

Not crazy. Princess Bride is serious business. ;) You can't be to serious about the classics. :teeth:

Elizabeth~

I just saw your wedding photos...You look so beautiful!!! :love: I love your wedding gown. It was very classy and you looked amazing in it, handsome hubby too. :thumbsup2
I'm excited to hear you'll be driving some cars to figure out what you like. Hopefully you'll find what you like this way and you'll know better what your looking for.

:welcome: Hope you enjoy! I haven't actually seen the whole movie in ages, I should sit down and watch it again sometime. "When I was your age, television was called books." :rotfl2:

Not crazy. Princess Bride is serious business. ;) You can't be to serious about the classics. :teeth:

That is correct! "I have hired you to help me start a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition." :rotfl2:

Hello:wizard::wizard:

I'll be down in disney the same week you are:cool1: YAY for trips being less then a month away

:welcome: Wow, you have had a lot of trips - and BLT this time? Cool! That place looks just awesome. I want to stay there just to stand on the roof and watch the fireworks.

Elizabeth~

I just saw your wedding photos...You look so beautiful!!! :love: I love your wedding gown. It was very classy and you looked amazing in it, handsome hubby too. :thumbsup2
I'm excited to hear you'll be driving some cars to figure out what you like. Hopefully you'll find what you like this way and you'll know better what your looking for.

Thanks Camille! I had forgotten I had even posted those, had to go back and look. We had so much fun at our wedding, I am laughing in almost every picture. That could also be because I am holding a glass of champagne in almost every picture.:drinking1

I'm excited about the car, kind of, and kind of just want someone to drop a car off on my porch and say, "here, drive this!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter