Hate this new website!!!!!

they've finally rolled back to the previous version of the website. I'm shocked it took this long. What a disaster.

The website is broken and should never have gone live.

Warning: Nerd rage follows!

Whomever is in charge of software dev and infrastructure there is an idiot. How do you let something with this many bugs go live? Have these guys ever heard of "quality control"?

The fact that nobody's old reservations aren't linked to the new accounts is beyond absurd. Was it too much to have the new website simply access the old data stores? If not, was migrating the data really that complicated for these tools? Did they even consider that this might be an extremely negative user experience (obviously not or else it wouldn't be this way).

Now their call centers are getting crushed with callers and the CC reps are having to spend thousands of hours fixing things instead of booking reservations and adding to revenue. The amount of time and money being spent to fix this thing has to be astronomical. If they actually kept metrics on this they would be appalled and heads would roll. Clearly they do not, as this isn't the first time they've borked a simple website migration.

This reeks of a "code and load" mentality over there. Nice going there, geniuses.

/nerdrage off

Did they secretly rehire eisner,:mad: this is something that seems like he would do, screw everything up

Yeah, the "new" site was back up pretty quickly. Hope they had a new version that they were working on with a lot of bug fixes but it appears some are still having problems.

Putting this new site out there while releasing new discounts was not a good idea. I'm sure the marketing department did not like seeing the numbers when they showed up to work yesterday - hard to make a lot of sales when there are 1 hour hold times due to people having problems with the website.

you know I don't hate the new website

Maybe because I already had the My Disney Experience App. I just went to that drop down menu put in my RO reservation conf # and it linked. It knew I had the app and had my information from when I registered it on my phone and just made me update. I will say that for the first 24 hours I couldn't pull up my details (I recieved a message that it could not show but would link the number to my profile anyway) but it did link my reservation to the site. ETA: Just went and checked and it is still there but not showing my prices/details. Not sure if that is because they are still working or if it is the fact that it was a live reservation. They do have a notice up that you have to manually like conf if you did not use the web to book.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Maybe I got it at a hassle free time, or because I was already using the app or maybe I just don't sweat change that much so was more relaxed when I tried it but except for the extra step of getting My Disney Experience up and going it doesn't seem that different than the old system, which would lose my reservations/adrs about every 3 days so I'd have to reenter them all again anyway. So not much different.

you know I don't hate the new website

Maybe because I already had the My Disney Experience App. I just went to that drop down menu put in my RO reservation conf # and it linked. It knew I had the app and had my information from when I registered it on my phone and just made me update. I will say that for the first 24 hours I couldn't pull up my details (I recieved a message that it could not show but would link the number to my profile anyway) but it did link my reservation to the site. ETA: Just went and checked and it is still there but not showing my prices/details. Not sure if that is because they are still working or if it is the fact that it was a live reservation. They do have a notice up that you have to manually like conf if you did not use the web to book.

Other than that I haven't had any problems.

Maybe I got it at a hassle free time, or because I was already using the app or maybe I just don't sweat change that much so was more relaxed when I tried it but except for the extra step of getting My Disney Experience up and going it doesn't seem that different than the old system, which would lose my reservations/adrs about every 3 days so I'd have to reenter them all again anyway. So not much different.

don't get me wrong - there are some GREAT features on the site and I like a lot that is there. Unfortunately they did a TERRIBLE job migrating the information from the previous systems to the new ones. There are also several areas that are just downright broken.

After doing some research I have a pretty good idea what went wrong and why (there are symptoms of organizational problems I deal with on a daily basis). Maybe I can find a way to make a consulting engagement out of it and make money off of Disney for a change? :cool1:

Just went back to the Disney site to see if I could book the Fantasmic Package. As soon as I logged in, both of our resort reservations and all of my dining reservations showed up.

I always had trouble with disney travel websites since 2008, however now I have no problems at all, since I discovered google chrome and firefox. One of those web browsers works better than the other, depending on your computer type.

Since I upgraded to windows 8, I have had really no trouble at all with any websites, so long as I use firefox or chrome.

I get so frustrated when internet explorer does not work! I wish microsoft would fix it.

I can't even look to see what is available for AP holders. No matter what I do it says I have to have a valid AP. I DO have one AND it shows up on my profile. I really want to plan a trip for my Daughter's break but can't even get an idea of the cost. I may just go skiing instead. It would probably be cheaper and less of a headache planning it.

I have been trying to book a trip and it keeps saying error after I enter my family information. Is this because of the new website?? I may try a different computer.

I'm just trying to get prices for a week in April and the stupid thing just sits there and clocks and clocks. This new site sucks!

I can't even look to see what is available for AP holders. No matter what I do it says I have to have a valid AP. I DO have one AND it shows up on my profile. I really want to plan a trip for my Daughter's break but can't even get an idea of the cost. I may just go skiing instead. It would probably be cheaper and less of a headache planning it.

I've been dealing with this the last few days as well. Tells me that I need a valid annual pass in order to view the resort deals. I HAVE ONE! IT'S ASSOCIATED TO MY PROFILE!! I sent an e-mail yesterday telling them about the issue. They wrote back this morning and said that I should call them to make a reservation. I'm just trying to price a trip, I don't want to call in to do that. This is ridiculous.

I just want to get an estimate for a trip in June. How do you find out how much the taxes will be? I don't want to book until I know I have enough money for the entire trip. Maybe I'll just book through AAA.

I've been getting the server is busy message a lot over past couple days when trying to pull up my reservations. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

I always had trouble with disney travel websites since 2008, however now I have no problems at all, since I discovered google chrome and firefox. One of those web browsers works better than the other, depending on your computer type.

Since I upgraded to windows 8, I have had really no trouble at all with any websites, so long as I use firefox or chrome.

I get so frustrated when internet explorer does not work! I wish microsoft would fix it.
Agreed...I have used Macs for the last ....15 years....with Safari being a superior browser...as long since I can remember Disneys web site has worked pretty much flawlessly for me....the current new one....I love. I agree that Internet explorer is withering on the vine.

I've been getting the server is busy message a lot over past couple days when trying to pull up my reservations. Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

This is now my number 1 problem. I hadn't been getting through at all for a while. Now it lets me go through the motion of booking a dining reservation but when I get to the last step, I get the Server Busy notice. GRRRR.

I have tried calling once but was told to call back because their systems were down. It shouldn' t be this hard to book restaurant reservations.

This is now my number 1 problem. I hadn't been getting through at all for a while. Now it lets me go through the motion of booking a dining reservation but when I get to the last step, I get the Server Busy notice. GRRRR.

I have tried calling once but was told to call back because their systems were down. It shouldn' t be this hard to book restaurant reservations.

This has been my issue since Tuesday. Prior to that, I was able to book ADRs online. :confused3

All my reservations (resort & dining) are showing up so that's a relief!!

I finally tried to make ADRs on my laptop today - just in case something is screwy with my desktop. Got the same "server busy" message. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts