Has anyone used the online request form?

MrShiny

DIS Veteran
I just noticed the new DVC web site has an online reservation request form. Has anyone used this?

I've used the online reservation form a few times - coming from the UK I feel guilty about using the freephone number given :D

However if you look at the form, you will notice that you only get the option to select 'smoking' (the implication being that non-smoking is what you would get if you didn't select it).

But, when the confirmation comes through it goes something like this:

Special request

Non-smoking null

Crib null

Guest with disability null

So this makes it look like I didn't select 'non-smoking' (when it wasn't an option in the first place). As being in a non-smoking environment is important to me, I ended up ringing to make this request in any case :rolleyes:

If you're a member, please don't be afraid to call the toll-free number. You're entitled to it and, in today's telecommunications world, a call across the Atlantic costs the phone company the same as a call across the street.

Originally posted by MrShiny
I just noticed the new DVC web site has an online reservation request form. Has anyone used this?
I haven't used it but you should know that MS has been pushing it. I sent in an email request and they directed me to this form without making the reservation. I was livid. There are several problems in that there's really no good place to put in special requests and other info including your points accounting info. It also will not work at all with multiple home resorts or use years. And you can't send yourself a copy of the info you provide so unless you just copy the page, you have no record of what you did. I immediately contacted MS and told them I wouldn't be using it and don't ever reject my email request and direct me to that form again until it would provide the options I listed above. If they make those changes, I'll be happy to use it.

Used it first of July for a reservation for June 2005--said possibly a day before it woudl actually be handled by MS--go the confirmation within 3 hours--and got my confirmation in the mail within 5 business days--for me it was a breeze--didn't mind doing it via email because the request was not too complicated..worked out great--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter