Has anyone had probelms on AA this past week?

You can call them and see if they will change you to something more accomodating (if you wish). They should do it at no charge. We had a "schedule change" for our trip tomorrow and I called and they got us on an earlier flight at no charge. Now whether that flight leaves or not is a different story, but at least they were good about it (I made the change about 2 weeks ago).
That's an excellent suggestion.

Getting on an earlier flight has three advantages:

1. Being able to use DME luggage transfers
2. Arriving at the resort at a more reasonable time
3. Not being on the last flight of the day if there are operational issues that day

American is very good about accommodating passengers' needs when there's a substantial change in flight times. Even if someone originally picked an evening flight because it was much less expensive than a more convenient daytime flight, American agents will, on request, put passengers affected by a schedule change onto a more expensive flight with no change fee or fare difference, as long as there's room.

And an airline shouldn't toss the pensions of hardworking men and women without whom they would be unable to operate... but yes, I hear what you're saying.

I don't agree with the tactics but I 100% support Mr. ExPirateShopGirl and the combined efforts of his fellow rank and file captains and first officers who have worked tirelessly for a decade or more to get a livable contract from AA.
From all I have read on the topic, it would be illegal (against the bankruptcy judge's ruling) for American Airline pilots to conduct a shadow strike by purposely delaying the departure of an aircraft based on inconsequential maintenance issues, should such a delay be proven to be related to the labor negotiations and not a safety issue with the aircraft.

Your comment proposes such maintenance issues are related to the labor negotiations and not aircraft safety. If that is the case, then Mr. ExPirateShopGirl could be in held in contempt. However, I am hoping this is not what you mean, exactly. Operational Security is your friend, lest comments be taken out of context and used to further other people's positions.

As for the delays, the pilots and complaisant flight crew/maintenance workers are only tarnishing the AA name and making it much easier for a potential acquisition to occur, which could be very very bad for them in the long run. The United board on Flyer Talk is full of high elite frequent flyers that moved their business to AA from UA due to the post-merger strife between former CO and UA employees and the serious morale and customers service issues it has generated. Unfortunately, it seems the AA pilots are taking AMR down that same road. I for one am glad I do not fly AA, and I did cancel an AA flight I had last week due to these actions.

Just sayin' :bitelip:

My comment proposes no such thing. Safety checks are a routine (and mandatory) part of piloting (commercial) aircraft.

Sadly, the current climate within the airline industry is not good. The economy has taken its toll with the majority of passengers choosing an airline based on price alone. Putting the burden of a successful reemergence from Bk without a merger on the backs of the pilots, FA's and mechanics and other employees who have zero say in the operational management and the policies related thereto is like blaming the mail carriers for the demise of the USPS.

Just sayin

From all I have read on the topic, it would be illegal (against the bankruptcy judge's ruling) for American Airline pilots to conduct a shadow strike by purposely delaying the departure of an aircraft based on inconsequential maintenance issues, should such a delay be proven to be related to the labor negotiations and not a safety issue with the aircraft.

Your comment proposes such maintenance issues are related to the labor negotiations and not aircraft safety. If that is the case, then Mr. ExPirateShopGirl could be in held in contempt. However, I am hoping this is not what you mean, exactly. Operational Security is your friend, lest comments be taken out of context and used to further other people's positions.

As for the delays, the pilots and complaisant flight crew/maintenance workers are only tarnishing the AA name and making it much easier for a potential acquisition to occur, which could be very very bad for them in the long run. The United board on Flyer Talk is full of high elite frequent flyers that moved their business to AA from UA due to the post-merger strife between former CO and UA employees and the serious morale and customers service issues it has generated. Unfortunately, it seems the AA pilots are taking AMR down that same road. I for one am glad I do not fly AA, and I did cancel an AA flight I had last week due to these actions.

Just sayin' :bitelip:

My comment proposes no such thing. Safety checks are a routine (and mandatory) part of piloting (commercial) aircraft.

Sadly, the current climate within the airline industry is not good. The economy has taken its toll with the majority of passengers choosing an airline based on price alone. Putting the burden of a successful reemergence from Bk without a merger on the backs of the pilots, FA's and mechanics and other employees who have zero say in the operational management and the policies related thereto is like blaming the mail carriers for the demise of the USPS.

Just sayin

Have to agree......too many flying families choose the airline that gives them the lowest fare, and then complain about things going wrong, or when they don't get the service they think they should be getting. I normally fly JB..it's my preferred airline. But I have to say that I was somewhat dismayed to find that if I wanted anything to eat, other than Terra Blue chips (or other bag o snacks) I had to pay $6+ for a boxed snack!!! Now, I don't expect a full meal, but really??? It's not a short flight....6 hrs to San Diego and 5+ returning to Boston. Good thing I had my ChexMix!!!

But, we will all keep right on booking those really inexpensive flights. There is little to no brand loyalty anymore. Not saying that's wrong, but we have to be careful what we wish for. We seem to be getting it.

A refundable American Airlines ticket with a $150 cancellation fee would be unusual. I'm not saying that Disney couldn't have worked out an unusual contract with American Airlines, just that I've never heard of such a thing.

That is because it doesn't exist. Refundable tickets don't charge a change ticket or cancellation fee. The poster had a nonreturnable ticket.

I flew from Chicago to Orlando on September 25 and returned yesterday (October 3). While my flights were non-stop, rather than connecting through DFW, both departed more or less on time. They even served granola bars on the flight home yesterday! :teeth:

American is the only airline that flies from my local airport (10 minutes from my house). Roundtrip airfares for April dropped from $288 to $227 - so I have a reservation on hold. I'm also using American miles for my one-way flights home from Barcelona in June on American Airlines planes...all 4 of them!

Hopefully things will go smoothly for us at the end of October since we also have a connecting flight from Chicago to Miami then Orlando. Flying on miles. If anything I am more perturbed with United Airlines on the way back. They changed the flight number and time which is no big deal but now we can't choose our seats online which hints at an overbooked flight from combining us with another flight. It should be interesting.

That is because it doesn't exist. Refundable tickets don't charge a change ticket or cancellation fee. The poster had a nonreturnable ticket.

I just assumed it was nonreturnable when I bought it, but the e-mailed reservation confirmation from Disney clearly says "Tickets are refundable" in the flight information section. It's been a couple of days since I checked, but I think it said the same thing when I looked at my reservation online. It must be an error.

But I have to say that I was somewhat dismayed to find that if I wanted anything to eat, other than Terra Blue chips (or other bag o snacks) I had to pay $6+ for a boxed snack!!!
jetBlue defender here (and to both goofy4tink and ExPirateShopGirl: I will pay more for a jetBlue flight or not go somewhere, rather than pay a cheaper base fare on an airline I don't like) and feel the need to remind that it's only the last couple of years that they've even offered anything more substantial than snacks; that no airline provides free food in coach; and heck, do the other low cost carriers even sell food? Other than Spirit, which apparently charges more than Morton's...

Fickle flyers. You'd think people actually missed airline food. :rotfl:

jetBlue defender here (and to both goofy4tink and ExPirateShopGirl: I will pay more for a jetBlue flight or not go somewhere, rather than pay a cheaper base fare on an airline I don't like) and feel the need to remind that it's only the last couple of years that they've even offered anything more substantial than snacks; that no airline provides free food in coach; and heck, do the other low cost carriers even sell food? Other than Spirit, which apparently charges more than Morton's...

Lufthansa used to have great food. Otherwise, I agree - who wants airline food?

There was one carrier that offered food for sale but I can't remember who. It's either American or Southwest or Delta. I think....

Friends flight from Dallas to Boston was cancelled Oct 4 no help from AA they didn't get into Boston til Oct 5th. No reason why flight was cancelled they also cancelled a flight to Miami.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!