Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

I'm down to 1 day before my waitlist for my one night ends And no luck yet. I knew it was next to impossible, but didn’t hurt to try. After that, I’ll continue to stalk. we at least have a place to sleep that night.

ugh, no waitlist for me. My 2 waitlist for my 1 night ended with no success. I guess I’ll stalk for the next few days. I know people love to resort hop, but not our family. We want to arrive, unpack and hunker down. at least we are at okw and an easy walk to the car.

I’m back on the waitlist bus. One night-12/30. I have a 1 BR waitlisted at BWV (standard) and OKW HH. Both of those feel like pretty slim chances, but I have a split stay on either side of the 30th. I added BWV studio pool/garden with my other contract. We could switch resorts on the 30 vs the 31, which I’d much prefer if the 1 BR WL doesn’t come through. Meanwhile, I’ll stalk to try to get a studio somewhere so it’s secured without tying up too many points. I know it’s a busy time… but hopefully just being one night works in my favor!

Just found out today our waitlist for 4 night pool view boardwalk studio went through, gave up BLT standard but since its mid October and our main purpose of the trip is F&W we are very excited. First time staying at the Boardwalk too! Never thought it'd come through since its right in the middle of F&W and right after the start of the 50th.

Maybe both the WL process and Chat have received favorable updates?
I am also wondering if the WL is automated now. I just cancelled BLT 1BR std for mid-November, and immediately checked availability, and only 1 night of 3 is available. This is almost midnight EST, so I can't imagine someone picked those two nights up in the 10 seconds it took me to check availability. Same thing happened to me a week ago with a PVB studio - 5 nights completely gone immediately. Very interesting.

Last edited:
I am also wondering if the WL is automated now. I just cancelled BLT 1BR std for mid-November, and immediately checked availability, and only 1 night or 3 is available. This is almost midnight EST, so I can't imagine someone picked those two nights up in the 10 seconds it took me to check availability. Same thing happened to me a week ago with a PVB studio - 5 nights completely gone immediately. Very interesting.
Sometimes, it takes a few minutes for inventory to reflect a cancellation. But based on past experience, they do seem to run the waitlist program differently/more often for Fall -NYE reservations.

I am also wondering if the WL is automated now. I just cancelled BLT 1BR std for mid-November, and immediately checked availability, and only 1 night of 3 is available. This is almost midnight EST, so I can't imagine someone picked those two nights up in the 10 seconds it took me to check availability. Same thing happened to me a week ago with a PVB studio - 5 nights completely gone immediately. Very interesting.
I have also canceled multiple riviera reservations lately and the room never shows as available when I go back and search. I’ve been thinking canceled rooms must go through some initial automated screening process to check for waitlists.

I have also canceled multiple riviera reservations lately and the room never shows as available when I go back and search. I’ve been thinking canceled rooms must go through some initial automated screening process to check for waitlists.
I think it may depend on how busy the website it. I canceled a waitlist for a night at the Poly and the one night I had reserved and 2 nights showed up as available. I was able to rebook the reservation for both nights. I think my waitlist had matched but not been processed so when I canceled, it became available.

Not through the waitlist, but through a different website/app for the two nights I wanted. I got a notification this morning and was able to switch from a standard view 1 bedroom to a lake view studio at BLT.
Any chance you could PM me this app/website name? :)

Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone has had a wait list come through lately? We arrive in 22 days and I have a waitlist to extend our room one additional night at the end of our trip. I have another room/view booked for that last night right now. Waiting patiently for it to come through but just wondering if anyone else has been successful with waitlisting lately. Thanks!
i had a wait list that did not come through, but I checked online myself and it was available although I did not receive a notification. I grabbed it myself, then canceled my old reservation. So happy to have it availabl.

A one day WL for a two bedroom at BCV came through for me. Now, I hope for two more days, I waitlist one at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter