Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
Today was my lucky day! I have been trying to piece together a 3-night Club Level stay at AKV in June. I was able to get the first and third day and waitlisted for the middle day. I have been stalking that day for a couple of months with no luck. Then at lunch today I decided to check and there it was! I snatched it up and canceled the waitlist, but couldn't figure out to cancel my back-up reservation. So I called MS for help. They canceled the back-up reservation and put in a request to link the three nights into one reservation. (Not sure why she couldn't do it herself, but no matter to me. The trip isn't until 2022 so plenty of time to resolve. The important thing is that all three nights are reserved.)

While I was on the phone, I asked her to check my waitlist for 12/29. I was reserved in Boulder Ridge and wanted Copper Creek. Much to my delight, she told me it was matched and changed the reservation. She even reallocated points to make sure I was using the oldest points first. I'm a happy camper!

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
Meant to post the other day but on Tuesday afternoon I called MS checking to see how my waitlist for one night at BLT next month is doing because I want to be able to bridge two other nights that I had already booked. The guy that picked up was awesome. He saw that I already had Kidani booked for the same time period and I had told him that I planned to drop that booking if I could get this one night that I needed. He took a look and was all I've got good news. The only thing is I have to wait for them to combine the bookings into one but they said that should take about 5 days.

mousestruck

DIS Veteran
Meant to post the other day but on Tuesday afternoon I called MS checking to see how my waitlist for one night at BLT next month is doing because I want to be able to bridge two other nights that I had already booked. The guy that picked up was awesome. He saw that I already had Kidani booked for the same time period and I had told him that I planned to drop that booking if I could get this one night that I needed. He took a look and was all I've got good news. The only thing is I have to wait for them to combine the bookings into one but they said that should take about 5 days.
That's awesome! There are so many cases like this. I wonder how long the match occurs before it is processed... days, weeks, or more.

shaunacb

Always planning a DVC trip from Canada!
That's awesome! There are so many cases like this. I wonder how long the match occurs before it is processed... days, weeks, or more.
It’s totally inappropriate on DVC’s behalf because while waitlist matches are sitting there waiting to be processed, there are two rooms unavailable to be booked rather than just one…

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Most often they match pretty quickly, but in recent times, it seems to be taking longer.

I have had a match happen and show up within 24 hours of putting it in.

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Was using automatic refresh Monday-Friday while at work and today, January 16 popped up for our
standard studio at SSR and I was able to snag it! Yey!
I had a WL but went in and canceled it.
Have a few points left and see the day before I leave has become available so trying to get that day with one
time use points but with the 40 minute hold time, hoping it is still there when MS finally picks up.
But, I was able to get my room by stalking, not WL.

Kewz1

DIS Veteran
Big thanks to the those who mentioned stalking the website while waiting for a waitlist because I was able to grab the night we needed myself - and even add on an additional night at the beginning of our stay.

Now just counting down to when I can make ADRs…:hourglass

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
My renter’s waitlist just filled For BW Pool/Garden studio. Today was literally day 7. It’s a 4 day WL too. I havent gotten an email yet but I swear I never do. I’ll be curious to see if I do get one!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES