Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

I have heard it can take days for it to process. It’s one change I’d love to see on the website…something that shows its pending and awaiting a CM to process

Congratulations!
Yes, please, let us know!!

I had a waitlist to add a day to the beginning of our Poly Bungalow reservation for Marathon weekend. I've been stalking it - checking multiple times a day for over a month, but have had no luck. Today I called to switch to another resort so we wouldn't have to change rooms between the Half and the Full Marathons, and asked them to first check to see if my missing day was available. I was told that the waitlist had matched and the day had been put on hold, but the modification just hadn't happened yet. They were able to complete the reservation, and merge my two reservations (replacing a backup reservation that I had made for the missing night). So now I'm all set. But I do wonder how long ago the waitlist matched. It is impossible to me that the match just happened the day I called.
Congrats! That has happened to me a couple of times. I, too, wonder how long the match was stalled and wish there was some indication that it was processing. I am currently waitlisted for - and stalking - a single night to complete a reservation next June.

and now it’s over. No waitlist for me. second time over the last 2 trips. Really thought it might happen since there are so many canceling. In June I couldn’t get my ONE night waitlist, but it was Bwv standard 2 bedroom (so we didn’t have to move). I’ll continue to stalk this week, but leave in 6 days. I enjoy OKW, but BWV is home to me, it’s where I’m most comfortable.

update, while I never got my waitlist, today I managed to grab my reservation, via modifying. Switched from okw to Bwv standard studio for this weekend. Thanks for the pixie dust. 😆

I’m such a glutten for waitlist failure. We decide to add the Fantasy 4 night cruise to the end of our stay (9/11 - 9/15) and plan to drive home after getting off the ship. So we now have a waitlist for 9/15 Hilton head Studio for a stop over for the drive home. We live in the DC area, so it’s a 13 hour drive + breaks. It’s only because we get a late start getting off the ship. If we don’t get it, we’ll drive straight through, or stop at a random location

I’m such a glutten for waitlist failure. We decide to add the Fantasy 4 night cruise to the end of our stay (9/11 - 9/15) and plan to drive home after getting off the ship. So we now have a waitlist for 9/15 Hilton head Studio for a stop over for the drive home. We live in the DC area, so it’s a 13 hour drive + breaks. It’s only because we get a late start getting off the ship. If we don’t get it, we’ll drive straight through, or stop at a random location

I totally understand you. I sometimes think I won't be happy unless I start a waitlist for my trip and the thrill and chase of getting my days LOL
For my November trip, I had a 9 night stay at SSR and then pieced together 6 separate ressies for a one bedroom at BWVs P/G. Right now, the first night of my trip (that I added just to have an extra day) is a studio at BWVs PG (was a studio at SSR, ALK then got BWVs). I'm stalking that day so we don't have to move after the first night and have a WL in. I hope you get yours filled!

I recently pieced together Nov 2BLT/3BC. It was glorious while it lasted but we had to cancel. But on the bright side, today I called to borrow (hello, resale “glitch”) for next WDW trip and found out a DL trip’s 4th GCV day matched. This is the 2nd time I’ve called for something else and found my waitlist ready to book. Very nice surprise!!

I called yesterday to set up a final night of our Feb trip because of the borrowing glitch (seriously, get the damned issue fixed already!) and turned out my BWV waitlist had come through. I missed booking the day I found by stalking because of the stupid glitch, but at least the waitlist picked it up for me. So we've got 3 nights at Poly followed by 3 nights at BWV.

I called yesterday to set up a final night of our Feb trip because of the borrowing glitch (seriously, get the damned issue fixed already!) and turned out my BWV waitlist had come through. I missed booking the day I found by stalking because of the stupid glitch, but at least the waitlist picked it up for me. So we've got 3 nights at Poly followed by 3 nights at BWV.

nice combo. Hmm. Do you think we had the glitch because our initial hidden waitlist match was messing with our attempt to borrow points for another reservation?

nice combo. Hmm. Do you think we had the glitch because our initial hidden waitlist match was messing with our attempt to borrow points for another reservation?
I think mine was just the borrowing glitch so many others are having. It’s only affecting my resale contract not my direct, but I’ve already borrowed the max for my direct contract so I had to use my resale for this last day.

Those of you that have had a waitlist magically come through while you called MS. Did you bring up the waitlist? Or did you say something else?

I always feel weird asking them to look and see if they see inventory that I'm unable to see. But let's face it their website is pure garbage.

I've been stalking the site daily for one day that I need in November to bridge 2 bookings together. The minute I can get that one day I can cancel a 2 bedroom I have for the same time period at Kidani. So far stalking and my waitlist request have yielded nothing but aggravation at how bad the website is. I'd rather talk to a human if that works out better lol

Yesterday was my 60 day mark for ADRs and of course MDE was only recognizing only the first day of my nine-day trip since I had a studio for November 11 and then moving to one bedroom for the rest of the stay. I called DVC so they can help me make my ADRs since MDE wasn't recognizing my full stay and asked the CM if she can just take a look to see if any one bedroom PG view opened for my WL and she put me on hold for over five minutes and came back and said my WL had matched and she was going to connect with someone to put it through. SO happy!
While we waited for my WL to become my full 9 night ressie, the CM took my ADRs and booked them for me and I can see them on my MDE.

This is the second time a WL has come through for me vs about 4 times I have found my WL ressie by stalking.

Those of you that have had a waitlist magically come through while you called MS. Did you bring up the waitlist? Or did you say something else?

I always feel weird asking them to look and see if they see inventory that I'm unable to see. But let's face it their website is pure garbage.

I've been stalking the site daily for one day that I need in November to bridge 2 bookings together. The minute I can get that one day I can cancel a 2 bedroom I have for the same time period at Kidani. So far stalking and my waitlist request have yielded nothing but aggravation at how bad the website is. I'd rather talk to a human if that works out better lol

I always ask. Yesterday it worked for me and the CM said my WL came through. I should have asked when did it come through since I stalk an obsessive amount and had an automatic refresh on my work desktop that would go on for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Using that I was able to piece my nine night one bedroom BWV stay that I booked only a few months ago.
Both times my WL came through, I asked the CM to look and they put me on hold to look vs about 4 times I have found my WL by stalking. My WL date was November 11. Good luck to you!

I always ask because right now, there is no way to know if you have a match.

Until the CM actually processes it, it can sit there ready to go. So, it’s not magic when you call…it’s simply that the match happened but is in the next stage to be filled.

I always ask because right now, there is no way to know if you have a match.

Until the CM actually processes it, it can sit there ready to go. So, it’s not magic when you call…it’s simply that the match happened but is in the next stage to be filled.
Thanks that's really good to know! That makes me feel less crazy asking lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter