Has anyone found any great deals for things for Easter baskets?

I was standing in Target this morning looking at the bags of candy and realized it's actually cheaper to put change in the eggs. Even at a dime each, 20 eggs is $2 but the good candy is $3.50 for a bag. So instead I'm putting change, ponytail holders, Tsum-Tsums (from last year's clearance into three really huge eggs we have), and just a little bit of candy in the eggs to hide. I think I still have a few Disney Infinity discs for an egg or two as well.

One year I put two quarters and a shiny penny in some of the eggs (we were going on vacation shortly after that and this was the pressed penny supplies I had already cleaned anyway).

We always fill previous baskets but fill them fresh. I suppose they've gotten some new ones as they outgrow them (since my tween certainly doesn't want an Elmo basket), but in general it's re-used baskets. And they are a bit of a tradition that way. I love seeing the Mickey basket come out for egg hunts before Easter!

Yup, us too. DD16 has had the same basket since she was 1. I got a good quality basic one that still works well to this day. When she was little, I would let her play with it for a few days, then tell her she needed to give it back to me so I could mail it back to the Easter Bunny for next year ;) This year I'm using a VB tote I got her as her basket just because I want to give it to her for Easter. But next year it will be back to the same basket. (And yes, at 17 DD will still get a basket! I'm not quite sure when I'll stop, probably only when she's not home for Easter!)

That was the way my parents did it too - with 5 kids, buying new baskets each year would have been an intolerable waste of money!

My daughter is getting a full set of the Iron Fey books (it's her absolute favorite series and her books are pretty mangled at this point). I know the author's husband so I got them all signed for her. For my son, I grabbed one of the Boost Wireless iPhone SE phones when they were $89 awhile back. He will flip. Well, actually they both will.

We re-use baskets every year as well. They've had these baskets since they were two and three years old. The big deal for my kids and their baskets is finding them Easter morning. They were just talking about this yesterday. Their favorite thing about Easter is the family egg hunt, searching for their basket, and family dinner. It was nice to hear that! (DD is 12 and two 11 year old DS's) Every Easter, I buy them a spring outfit - shorts and t-shirt and put that at the bottom of their basket instead of that Easter grass (hate that stuff! Ends up everywhere!!). For candy, they get jelly beans, an Easter chocolate, and their favorite candy bar. They also get a new book. Finally, they also get something simple and fun, but not expensive. It may end up being something they need, so I make a gift of it by putting it in their basket (like new shin guards for soccer, or a new reed for my daughter's bassoon). That's it.

My kids are far older, so what I have done the past couple of years is buy things I know they need but can't necessarily afford on their college or post college budgets! This year the DD's are getting shorts and tops that I found on sale from one of their favorite outlet stores. For DS, he likes picking out his own MLB shirts :) so I just got him a couple of pairs of shorts. I'll also add maybe a Starbucks gift card for the DD's and a Disney gift card for my DS, but that will be it. If i'm going to spend money, I want it to be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter