Has anyone found any great deals for things for Easter baskets?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
I haven't found anything really great I was wondering if anyone else has? I'm rather stuck this year I have, DD13 & DD8. Both have food allergies so candy is a bit challenging. They both have braces and/or pallet expander with braces so all chewy, gummy candy is out. I feel like we have more bubbles, chalk and nail polish then we know what to do with! I don't want to break the bank but I haven't really seen anything yet that I thought would be good. Is it too early?

The boys are getting camping chairs. My daughter is going to Disney so she is getting a Disney gift card. They all get chocolate eggs and a small chocoate bunny. That is all I am doing. I do know my local chocolate shop has nut free candy, if that is the allergy.

I grabbed memory cards on sale st Office Depot - my boys have electronics that use them. I got some earbuds on clearance at toys r us along with some Star Wars micro machines. I'll probably start checking out the end caps at Walgreens for clearance items. My older son will probably get a $10 iTunes GC & younger son wants a bow tie

I got some nice things at 90% off after Christmas and Valentine's Day from Target. I follow a lot of pages and blogs and do really well there. I may add a small gift card to my older two kids baskets, or maybe just money. Not sure yet.

Earbuds and gift cards always make my list. Also, they'll be getting new summer gear--pool toys, flip-flops, new bathing suits, etc. However, we live in the south and have a pool, so that might not be so appreciated if you're from New England or other northern area. I'm also giving fancier office supplies and make-up, but my kids are older, and the youngest just got a nice desk for his 11th birthday.

I got a bunch of stuff from Hollar.com for DD16, but it was awhile back: a mini pillow pet (she still likes them for travel), some cheap but fun flip flops, a travel sonic toothbrush, and a pair of sunglasses. And at various after Christmas sales, I picked up an infinity scarf, an aluminum water bottle, a sketch pad and a Vera Bradley tote (I'll use that for the basket). I also picked up some DVDs, but those weren't any great deals - I got one on the USS Missouri (we're going to tour it on our summer vacation), The Notebook (she loves these types of movies), and of course, Moana.

We will be in FL so it's challenging since we are flying. We arrive the week before but we are headed to the beach, kayaking, the keys, the beach, maybe Busch gardens (2 hr drive north). I though of buying stuff in FL but I don't know how much time we are going to have. I am sure I could of easily popped into Walmart, target, cvs or Walgreens since they are on every corner.

Anyways, one of my kids does have a food allergy. I just ordered his dairy, peanut, tree nut and egg white allergy free bunny last night for a mere $17...sigh...

But other then that they got gum for the plane ride home, candy that they can eat on the beach or take home, some little snack pack/dip the cookie in, except my DS who I think got a small slim Jim, some other kind of snacks, seeds for flowers. Individual small bags of jelly beans, first time I saw that. Normally I buy a big bag, open it to eat one, have to rebuy another bag because one meant the whole bag and divide them in zip locks but not this year!

I used to get them PJS too but since we come home the next day I opted not to.

We leave in less then 3 weeks and I need to figure out if I am mailing the non meltables down or using another carry on since my mom is flying with us and will leave her suitcase in FL (she is there now).

Mine DD are 14 and 11. Im going to give each a 25 gift card to Disney. We will be going in May to use our last day on our tickets (FL resident). I will get their favorite candy and the rest will be makeup type stuff.

DS #1 has a birthday the week before Easter and D'S #2 is the week after so I am going really odd for Easter stuff this year. Oldest DS is getting a World Baseball Classic team USA hat as his basket. He is obsessed with all things baseball and Orioles related so I also got him a new Orioles shirt with Darth Vader on it. I thought it would be perfect for our trip later this year. I will throw a little candy in there to make it festive but that's it. DS #2 will be almost 1 so he will get some cheerios and snack things, maybe a new sippy cup.
My kids are spoiled by everyone including DH and I so I am trying to make an effort to scale it back.

Our daughter is 11. I'm scaling back on the candy this year. I always find I buy too much and there's always Easter candy lingering in my pantry months after. I'm getting her a American Girl gift card. She collects Beanie Boo's so they usually come out with one for Easter (rabbit or something). Unfortunately nothing is a great bargain/ deal. I really haven't seen any in the stores.

Target has a mobile coupon for 25% off candy (text CANDY to 827-438). This can be used in addition to other coupons and Cartwheel.

I use Easter to handle summer fun needs (on top of their chocolate cross and 10-12 filled eggs they have to find - that's all the candy they get:))...so, swimsuits, goggles, swim caps, swim toys, water guns, sandals, swim towels for the pool - some of these usually make an appearance (not sure what yet, b/c I have to go through their stuff). Plus, I get a fun summer novel (this year, it's Ridley Pearson's 3rd book in his follow on to Kingdom Keepers for one, and it will be a graphic novel for the other), and a fun discount video game or a DVD. Now that my girls are into makeup (they are older than yours, but it's the younger one that's now interested), I will probably drop some flavored lip gloss or BBW lotion in...and they are asking for outings, so I will probably pick up one gift card worth an outing to the ice skating rink (they can go for $7.50 including skates), and maybe the movies (those $8 tickets). And that's it. Easter gives me the excuse to gift all the things I know they'll enjoy for the summer and/or that I need to buy them for the summer without them having birthdays (which they don't:))...

Have you heard of Squishy? These are popular cheap squishy things shapes, as food, animals, etc. A few kids on my daughters cheer team had them at cheer competition. My daugher (who is 14) showed me on and was like... mom, this is what I want. She mentioned squishy before but I only knew if these little tiny figures called squishy that my little great niece likes... not the same thing. I googled them and ordered a few for Easter. I am not seeking out driving store to store to find these but I am sure they are sold at one of those stores that sells Japanese anime items. She doesn't care about candy.

Kids that are into this slime craze would like slime ingredient and the sparkles, glitter, confetti to put in it.

Have you heard of Squishy? These are popular cheap squishy things shapes, as food, animals, etc. A few kids on my daughters cheer team had them at cheer competition. My daugher (who is 14) showed me on and was like... mom, this is what I want. She mentioned squishy before but I only knew if these little tiny figures called squishy that my little great niece likes... not the same thing. I googled them and ordered a few for Easter. I am not seeking out driving store to store to find these but I am sure they are sold at one of those stores that sells Japanese anime items. She doesn't care about candy.

Kids that are into this slime craze would like slime ingredient and the sparkles, glitter, confetti to put in it.
My daughter loves Anime I'll have to look for those. Thank you!

Last year instead of a regular Easter basket my sister made up a planting basket in a small pink tin watering can. Seeds, a little spade, kids gardening gloves etc. DD loved it!

Last year instead of a regular Easter basket my sister made up a planting basket in a small pink tin watering can. Seeds, a little spade, kids gardening gloves etc. DD loved it!

For my boys, I routinely use large sand buckets...this year, for my girls, I'm thinking of using beach bags/tote bags, since they're old enough to hit the neighborhood pool without me. I stopped using baskets after year 2 when I couldn't figure out what to do with them all:)...

I tend to focus on summer things -- swim stuff, outdoor stuff. I also have cut back on candy because it tends to linger FOREVER and they don't eat it all. I just threw out the last of the candy from Halloween and Christmas.
* found scented gummy bear pencil topper erasers and mechanical pencils at the Scholastic book fair; meant to grab the scented highlighters too but oh well, something for next year. I saw some scented highlighters that also stamp on Amazon. Fun school supplies are a great and practical addition.
* they each get a movie -- DD gets Sing and DS gets BFG
* DS is getting a bug catcher I found at the dollar bin at Target
* books for summer reading
* flip flops, goggles, donut float thing for the pool
* jewelry
* stikbot pets (DS's current obsession is anything stikbot), LPS
In previous years, I have done the butterfly larvae thing, swim suits, towels, outdoor games (last year they got a badminton set I found at Costco -- the net was atrocious but everything else was okay), gardening stuff, outdoor stuff including flashlights and headlamps or sleeping bags, and practical things like fun socks and such. In the eggs, I put candy (duh), jewelry (like earrings or small bracelet), hair ties or bands, small toys, GCs like to Dairy Queen or Starbucks for a small amount, money (pocket change and in one egg there is always a $2 bill), erasers --anything small.

I stopped doing baskets a couple years ago (my youngest is 13) but I still like to give them something. This year I'm going to get some water bottles and put some candy in them.

For my boys, I routinely use large sand buckets...this year, for my girls, I'm thinking of using beach bags/tote bags, since they're old enough to hit the neighborhood pool without me. I stopped using baskets after year 2 when I couldn't figure out what to do with them all:)...

We always fill previous baskets but fill them fresh. I suppose they've gotten some new ones as they outgrow them (since my tween certainly doesn't want an Elmo basket), but in general it's re-used baskets. And they are a bit of a tradition that way. I love seeing the Mickey basket come out for egg hunts before Easter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!