Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

This thread is awesome. It would be cool if we could get a copy of all the pics added to the 1st thread. I keep getting lost trying to look through all 176 pages! :rotfl:

Well my plan was to paint my band white and then use rub on paper with a design I made. However the white nail polish came out horribly gloppy and un even. So I took it off and ordered from magic your band lol. I'll post the pictures when they come in!

I am not the OP but I have done bands with both individual crystals and the premade scrapbook stickers. The individual crystals looked and held up way better. The premade ones weren't as shiny and I lost some of the crystals. I had used base coat under and over the premade sticker but it made the crystals less shiny. For our second trip I used individual crystals that I also bought at Michaels. They all stayed on and remained nice and shiny even after lots of base coat. I just used blobs of base coat to place the individual crystals. You could move them a around a little bit before the polish set. Then I did several coats of base coat overtop and in between the crystals.

These aren't the best pictures but hopefully you can see the difference.

Premade sticker before use

View attachment 97114

Individual crystals

View attachment 97115
View attachment 97116
Thanks so much for the info!!

@Ling-Ling I used Orly "rubberized" base coat, but only because it is what I had on hand.;)

I used LA Gear Base/ Top coat from the dollar store. I had to scrub for hours to get rid of it and it still isn't completely off, so I'd vouch for that if you are looking for a cheaper option lol

@disneyjr77 I did not use base coat on the grey and Mickey head before I painted them (w/ acrylic paint), but I covered the entire band w/ base coat afterward just to seal it.

@Ling-Ling I used Orly "rubberized" base coat, but only because it is what I had on hand.;)
I used LA Gear Base/ Top coat from the dollar store. I had to scrub for hours to get rid of it and it still isn't completely off, so I'd vouch for that if you are looking for a cheaper option lol
Thanks! I plan on finishing decorating my family's band either by Thursday or sometime next week!:smickey: Just missing a couple more posts before I can post any pictures? LOL I used Little Mermaid tattoos on my band as an experiment, I may go totally out and add some Sailor Moon Nail Art that I just recently received just for fun :stitch:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Alrighty so we got our blue MBs yesterday (our very first ones!!!) and we slapped our Magic Your Band skins on them. Application is fairly easily unless you have a temper like my hubbs...his bubbled up a bit and so it frustrated him but I got them to work just fine.

Orignally I planned to leave my Mickey head solid blue but I really wanted to add some bling! So I went to town with some glittery nail polish...I sealed it with an OPI top coat polish but I'll re-read through here to see if something will seal it better. Anyhoo onto the pics...

Also on an unrelated side note...I didn't expect the MBs to feel so stiff. Oh well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 14
That is too cute, wikersham!!! Look at all those details. Your friend is so talented. What kind of paints did your friend use?
@Glittercat
Thanks so much for you kind words- she really is amazingly talented! She actually just used some fabric paint we had lying around and then covered them in a varnish (brand: Golden, product: opaque matte varnish).

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter