Harry Potter party ideas...

Mom2Em

<font color=red>Member of the SHY DIS'ers<br><font
My DSIL is wanting to host a Harry Potter party on June 20th and then head out to pick up her copy of the book on midnight... She is HP crazy!! :) She has DD wanting to go to Hogwarts... I came up with the idea of bowl of jellybeans... a cauldron for punch... but then I draw a blank... Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

Sort the guests as they come in, using a "sorting hat".

Make wands out of large stick pretzels and dip the end in chocolate and let it dry.

Dry ice near punch.

Make sure that the jelly beans are jelly bellies, then add a few little boxes of the birdie botts many flavored beans (also jelly belly) and people will be surprised sometimes. You could make it all birdie botts, but I think you would be left with a LOT of beans.

I don't know if they're still available, but after the 1st movie came out you could actually buy Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I found them at Border Book store. They're actually Jelly Belly's but they have some of the gross flavors mentioned in the books/movies. (ear wax, grass, vomit, etc. but there was a legend on the back of the box so you could at least try to avoid those.)

As for other ideas, what about chocolate frogs and dragon eggs. Don't forget some dry ice in the punch to make it smoke.

Is she planning to decorate? If so, maybe use Red & Gold - the colors of Gryffindor or a sorting hat.

These are great ideas!! I knew I could count on my DIS friends!!

WE did a Harry Potter b-day party for my DD 2 years ago and two of the kids favorite things were:

I put the Jelly Beans into a jar and they had to guess the #, closest person won the jar.

We made a "snitch" pinata
blew up a balloon - paper macheid (?sp) it, let it dry, ad wings made from construction paper, pop the ballon, fill it with harry potter stickers, candy etc, and hung it up!

HTH

PAttyT

We had a Harry Potter party for our 8 year old last year and we had some great ideas. We wound yarn all over our basement toy area and gave each boy an end of one piece to unwrap , had a treat at the end but it looked like a huge spider web. They made wands out of clear tubes used glitter small stars etc and water and glycerine to make it thick. To drink I let them make Potions, got different fruit juices, sodas, sherbert and let each boy mix up what they wanted, We finished with a treasure hunt with clues and challanges like sorcerers stone, there goody bags were the prize at the end of the treasure hunt. We had so many compliments on this party and several friends used the same ideas. (Can you tell I was happy with how it all came together)

Those sound like great ideas... I wish I was that creative!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter