hanname

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know what happened...

She posted her mug question on the Resort Board as well, and they lynched her... Poor OP, we shall never hear from her again.

JeanJoe said:

She posted her mug question on the Resort Board as well, and they lynched her... Poor OP, we shall never hear from her again.

LOL - She's serving 15-20 years in the DIS pen

OK - I finally posted to this thread so I am out of the closet - I have no life either - come on all of you other lurkers - fess up!!! I know you're out there :rotfl:

Talk about having no life! It's a beautiful day and here I am googling "hanname" to see what comes up. I did get one hit which directed me to another site with an alternate spelling "hanami". It's a springtime festival in Japan in which they celebrate the blooming of cherry blossoms.

Maybe the OP is Japanese and is wishing us a Happy Hanami? Here's a quote from the site:

"The cherry blossom (sakura) is Japan's unofficial national flower. It has been celebrated for many centuries and takes a very prominent position in Japanese culture.
There are many dozens of different cherry tree varieties in Japan, most of which bloom for just a couple of days in spring. The Japanese celebrate that time of the year with hanami (cherry blossom viewing) parties under the blooming trees. "

Mike said:
LOL - She's serving 15-20 years in the DIS pen

OK - I finally posted to this thread so I am out of the closet - I have no life either - come on all of you other lurkers - fess up!!! I know you're out there :rotfl:

Ok...ok...Im fessing too. I have been following this as well I am ashamed to admit. :blush:

JeanJoe said:

Where did you find that? I looked for it and did a search, but didn't see that over there.

dianeschlicht said:
Where did you find that? I looked for it and did a search, but didn't see that over there.
Oops, sorry! Reread my last post, and realized it was unclear that I was just joking.

Yes, like you, I also did a search of her past posts (and analyzed the spelling accuracy in them).

And, like Laurabearz, noticed that her sig announces a trip to SSR, but not until Dec 2005, so the theory that she is at SSR now doesn't seem right.

I propose that all of us here who have contributed to this most fascinating, glorious, amazing, bafflingly seductive thread, revel in our pride and/or shame by adding hanname to our sigs.

Yes, it is Saturday night, and I am contributing to the hanname thread.

I was post number five and came back to check out the "on-going mystery" I just wanna know " How the HANNAME are you all tonight? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Some of these posts are absolutely HILARIOUS and yes....I need to "GET A LIFE!!!!!" :crazy:

OK OK....geesh...I;m out of the closet of no life now...are you all happy? :earboy2:

JeanJoe said:
Yes, like you, I also did a search of her past posts (and analyzed the spelling accuracy in them).

I propose that all of us here who have contributed to this most fascinating, glorious, amazing, bafflingly seductive thread, revel in our pride and/or shame by adding hanname to our sigs.

I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards. And I don't mean embarrassment, I mean shame (which has an element of pain to it).

While the folks on the resorts boards may not always demonstrate a generosity of spirit, I kinda like to think that over here at the DVC boards, we do. Sure, we have fun, but not usually at other people's expense -- unless it's with their say so (a la Greenban).

I understand that with the sig change, you're really making fun of yourself and your obsession with this thread, but try to see it from the OP's possible point of view:

If I were the OP and I signed on to discover that people had analyzed my posts for spelling accuracy, flamed me for spelling inaccuracy, and made fun of me for same -- even going so far as to change their sigs to make it appear that they *might* be mocking me (even if they're not), well, I don't think I'd be posting here again.

JMO. YMMV.

Point well taken. Siggy changed. Sorry to OP. Was making fun of what a loser I am not her. :crazy:

It has been stated a couple of times that we are just bored and having fun, not at the OP's expense, but as a mear distraction from our otherwise dull lime green neck lives....

I for one, and I know I am not alone in this, truely want to answer the OP's question... we think we figured it out, migs... mugs....

Anyway... to the OP.... if any of this offends you, I am truely sorry....

Deep-Thots said:
I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards.
Eck! Now I feel like a stalker.

Apologies if any offense taken by OP or any others -- I think for the most part, it's pretty clear we are mostly laughing at ourselves, but to be safe, I retract the sig suggestion. :)

I certainly mean no offense to the OP and should any be taken, I apologize. But I'm of the opinion that when the OP does come back on, she will realize what a silly bunch of dipsticks (in a good way, of course) we are and laugh her head off at our posts and silliness!

I'm not talkin' about myself here, but I think DVC'ers are great, helpful, passionate and compassionate folks. I have to confess that I have had more than one belly laugh through this foolishness and I have to thank all of you for making my day so much better! :wave2:

Deep-Thots said:
I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards. And I don't mean embarrassment, I mean shame (which has an element of pain to it).

While the folks on the resorts boards may not always demonstrate a generosity of spirit, I kinda like to think that over here at the DVC boards, we do. Sure, we have fun, but not usually at other people's expense -- unless it's with their say so (a la Greenban).

I understand that with the sig change, you're really making fun of yourself and your obsession with this thread, but try to see it from the OP's possible point of view:

If I were the OP and I signed on to discover that people had analyzed my posts for spelling accuracy, flamed me for spelling inaccuracy, and made fun of me for same -- even going so far as to change their sigs to make it appear that they *might* be mocking me (even if they're not), well, I don't think I'd be posting here again.

JMO. YMMV.
Well I for one know the spirit in which it was intended, and therefore have nothing to apologize for.

This is all in good fun, and I'm sorry if it offends anyone.
...Now that I think of it, I'm not sorry.
I think one of the most important things in life is a good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at one's self.

I started the sig thing, and I'm keepin' it.... for now. ::yes::

MG

Enough with the 'sensitivity' cr@p.

If you're clueless (or clever) enough to start a thread with a nonsense word then you get what you deserve.

Have been following this since day one so guess I better fess up and get out of the lurking stage. Have had to do a lot of driving this past week also and it just keeps creeping into my mind trying to figure out what it could be.

OK. I will admit it too. I have followed this since day 1 also.

No more lurking!!

Pheeeww. I feel so much better now

By the way, it has been a hoot-and-a-half :rotfl2: .

Personally, I would not be offended if I thread I started received this much attention, I would be excited. Anxiously awaiting wth the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter