• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hanname

Status
Not open for further replies.
jnrrt said:
Hey, maybe you're right and I'm confusing it with petooie, or the "I spit upon you" sound.

Whatever, never spell-check the unspellcheckable! :)
I thought it would be patoowee for the spitting sound..... or hauktowee

And I agree with kweavers spelling. :wave2:

All right. This is getting downright freaky, and I'm scared. I tried some computational linguistic analysis to end this mystery once and for all, but something went badly wrong with my computer.
xpcrash.jpg

After cleaning up the debris, I was driving down the road, when I noticed a car following me.
license.jpg

I pulled over at the nearest stop, which happened to be a church.
churchsign.jpg

As I ran away screaming, I tripped over:
tombstone.jpg

heart.jpg

Do I win the award for thread's most pathetic?

JeanJoe, take this as well as you can, but even though I'm replying to this late at night, on the weekend, I'm still thinking that you have too much time on your hands. :rotfl:

But, I'm with MG - very impressive - totally thought my computer was self-destructing until I scrolled down.

What if it's not a typo?

NOUNS

A Japanese appetizer.

An East African village.

VERBS

Setting up a blind date with Daryl Hannah.

Driving to the East end of Maui.

PHRASES

"Please pass the..."

"Cheers, mate" in Pidgeon English.

USERNAMES

My namesake is a charismatic Star Wars smuggler.

(and, of course, the ubiquitous)

I'm Hanna from Maine.

JeanJoe said:
All right. This is getting downright freaky, and I'm scared. I tried some computational linguistic analysis to end this mystery once and for all, but something went badly wrong with my computer.
xpcrash.jpg

After cleaning up the debris, I was driving down the road, when I noticed a car following me.
license.jpg

churchsign.jpg

tombstone.jpg

heart.jpg

Yes you do!!! :rotfl2:

Maistre Gracey said:
Holy Smokes! I'm blown away by the mere fact you know how to do all that fancy computer stuff! :eek:

MG
Someone else on the DIS has used that sign generator, which I recalled had a web address at the bottom. A google search found that page, and actually another page with links to all the others. So, all I did was Google, and then type in the messages. Nothing fancy :)

If anyone is interested, here are the links:
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/
http://tombstone.dogcrap.net/tombstone.php
http://atom.smasher.org/error/
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/
http://www.acme.com/heartmaker/
http://www.acme.com/labelmaker/

Now I'm going to have to send some gag emails to people :bounce:

sounds like the name of a hurricaine......

hurricaine hanname is gathering strength just off the coast of the DVC community. Looks like this is gonna be a bad one. Expect devastating winds....(maybe Dr. Tommorrow and Greenban will be blown back from OZ). This hurricaine has the potential to spread to other communities......Yep, no one involved will forget hurricaine hanname for a long, long time! :teeth:

JeanJoe said:
xpcrash.jpg

license.jpg

churchsign.jpg

tombstone.jpg

heart.jpg

I'm impressed, JeanJoe!
This had me laughing right out loud :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

This thread just keeps getting better and better :rotfl2:

:earseek: Wait. You mean I read all 9 pages(first 3 of which were read while laughing out loud) and there is still no answer? Now I'm getting worried about the OP. After all, doesn't EVERYONE read the DIS at least 3 times a day, lol? Oh, well, just add me to that list of not having a life. My name is Jennifer and I am a lime green neck. :cool1:

I am soooooo lame! Or I'm a lime green neck? I couldn't wait to log on today to check to see if I could finally get Hanname out of my head. Admit it, you all went to bed thinking about it last night!

So....did anyone decide how the hanname to pronounce this? I'm going with "hannah - may" but golly, wouldn't want to be the only one...

This thread is priceless...

I'm thinking that HANAME can be the new code word to find out if someone is a DISer. When you are walking through the park and think you recognize someone from their sig on the DISboards but you are afraid to go up and ask if it is really them, you can just casually say "Haname" as you walk by. I think this could be bigger than the lime green ribbons.

JeanJoe, you are fabulous, duuuuude!

I'm all for the secret code word, although I confess my mind (I swear I had one before I started reading this thread) says hanna-may or hanna-me. Perhaps we could tie it to the Spock "live long and prosper" gesture?

Yeah, it would be nice to identify our fellow DIS'ers while in the world. Has anyone else yelled out "Chuck and Dave" to see if anyone would answer? You do remember "Chuck and Dave"?

And five loads of laundry, rotini pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans and brats (Johnsonville, of course) PLUS, watching someone else clean out the screen house for summertime use. And determining that rinkwide might be on to something with the driving to the east end of Maui. (okay, I did check the board several times, too.)

Oh my gosh! I was sure this would have dropped off the page by now! LOL :rotfl2: The signs are VERY GOOD and very funny! :rotfl:

BTW, I have not had a retur PM from the op, and she has not read it yet, since I requsted a receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter