HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading the Disney page about the party correctly, later they'll tell us how to buy tickets? It sounds like in the past people have called but maybe this year we buy them online?

revwog1974 -

The way I remember it, the online purchase option has been in effect for at least several years (my 2008 party tickets were purchased online, in the e-ticket print-out version, as were my tickets for last year's party too), but there was also an option to purchase over the phone, at the same ticket number that used to be available for people to buy one-day/one-park tickets in advance. In the past you could not buy the one-day/one-park tickets online and had to call.

I know the AP people could buy MHP tickets online last year and get their discount, but the Disney Visa and DVC people may have had to use the phone number to get the discount. I'm not 100% sure if the DVC and Visa folks could get the discount online at all.

Now, because the one-day/one-park tickets can be purchased online (finally), I'm not sure if that old ticket phone number will still be available or necessary for some Halloween Party ticket purchases too. That's what I am waiting to find out on July 9th - if Disney tells us that phone purchases can be made as well, or as an alternative to online. Personally, I think that DLR will always encourage online sales and downplay the phone option, but they will probably always offer the phone option for people to use as a back-up (computers do crash, after all, and sometimes a phone may be necessary!).

revwog1974 -

The way I remember it, the online purchase option has been in effect for at least several years (my 2008 party tickets were purchased online, in the e-ticket print-out version, as were my tickets for last year's party too), but there was also an option to purchase over the phone, at the same ticket number that used to be available for people to buy one-day/one-park tickets in advance. In the past you could not buy the one-day/one-park tickets online and had to call.

I know the AP people could buy MHP tickets online last year and get their discount, but the Disney Visa and DVC people may have had to use the phone number to get the discount. I'm not 100% sure if the DVC and Visa folks could get the discount online at all.

Now, because the one-day/one-park tickets can be purchased online (finally), I'm not sure if that old ticket phone number will still be available or necessary for some Halloween Party ticket purchases too. That's what I am waiting to find out on July 9th - if Disney tells us that phone purchases can be made as well, or as an alternative to online.

Last year I had to call to try and book my tickets with my DVC discount and they refused to sent them to the UK. There was also no option for will call like there is at WDW. I was told to just get them when I arrive in California. Unfortunately by then, the first party had sold out. It was only because my photographer had a ticket for that party and I told them the whole saga, that they allowed me to get one on the day. Of course, by then, not only did I not get my DVC discount, but also had to pay the higher rate for not purchasing in advance.

Corinna

Last year I had to call to try and book my tickets with my DVC discount and they refused to sent them to the UK. There was also no option for will call like there is at WDW. I was told to just get them when I arrive in California. Unfortunately by then, the first party had sold out. It was only because my photographer had a ticket for that party and I told them the whole saga, that they allowed me to get one on the day. Of course, by then, not only did I not get my DVC discount, but also had to pay the higher rate for not purchasing in advance.

Corinna

Corinna -

Thank you so much for that info, because I'm sure that there are many more people coming from other countries these days to enjoy Halloween Time at Disneyland (especially now that Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have opened at DCA). They might run into the exact same problem you did, so it's good to know that this could happen.

So you called to order your tickets (even though that turned into an ordeal), but there was no option for the DVC folks to order online and apply their discount, correct? From what I recall, it seems like it was all set up for AP people to order online and get their discount, but the DVC/Disney Visa people were forced to call to get it.

There should definitely be a better system in place at the DLR ticket offices to handle the international guests' purchases so they don't run into the issue that you had. You should have been able to get your DVC discount no matter what. I can't believe they wouldn't mail you the tickets! They (Disneyland) need to set it up so that everyone can buy online and apply whatever discount they have available to that transaction - not just the AP holders!

Yes, I had to call. I did not mind as I have a very generous allowance of free international minutes that include calls to the USA. The reason I was given for not sending to the UK them is that they had a lot of tickets that had gotten lost in the mail. I am not sure if this only applies to the UK or to international guests in general.

Corinna

Yes, I had to call. I did not mind as I have a very generous allowance of free international minutes that include calls to the USA. The reason I was given for not sending to the UK them is that they had a lot of tickets that had gotten lost in the mail. I am not sure if this only applies to the UK or to international guests in general.

Corinna

These days they should and will send an e-ticket electronically.

These days they should and will send an e-ticket electronically.

That was not an option I was given. I know that I later bought a ticket online for my photographer without the discount as she needed the ticket to get the free parking and that was an eticket. I wish I had just bought myself one at the same time as this still would have been cheaper than paying full price on the day. However, I was assured that parties that early in the season never sell out!!!

Corinna

Everyone should be able to order online and apply their rightful discount to those orders.

All the international folks could probably buy their e-tickets online, easily, but they need to be able to apply the DVC or Disney Visa discounts, which were not previously available online like the AP discounts are/were.

Generally we can't order over the phone and then have DLR send an e-ticket. We either have to do one or the other - order online (and risk not getting a DVC or Disney Visa discount) and get the e-ticket, or order over the phone and get the discount for sure, and have the ticket mailed to us.

But in Corinna's case, because DLR would not mail the ticket or allow Will Call, she ended up losing out on the DVC discount anyway.

Looks like we'll be set to go the Oct 2nd party, our last night in Disney. We figured it would be a great way to end our vacation.

I have a question about dining during the Party, are all eating areas open?

I was thinking it would be a good idea to book a reservation for that night, maybe just before the 6pm start time to avoid the crowds as people simultaneously arrive and leave. Any recommendations? We've never done table service at the resort :p... I know that Cafe Orleans is popular but we are going to eat at Ralph Brennans during our stay and I'm not sure if we want to eat at two places featuring similar cuisines.

Maybe the family style eating at Big Thunder Ranch since we could really take our time.

Looks like we'll be set to go the Oct 2nd party, our last night in Disney. We figured it would be a great way to end our vacation.

I have a question about dining during the Party, are all eating areas open?

I was thinking it would be a good idea to book a reservation for that night, maybe just before the 6pm start time to avoid the crowds as people simultaneously arrive and leave. Any recommendations? We've never done table service at the resort :p... I know that Cafe Orleans is popular but we are going to eat at Ralph Brennans during our stay and I'm not sure if we want to eat at two places featuring similar cuisines.

Maybe the family style eating at Big Thunder Ranch since we could really take our time.

I don't think the restaurant at Big Thunder Ranch was open. There were Trick or Treat trails and character meets in that area. I did end up eating at Cafe Orleans as there seemed to be very few options.

Corinna

Corinna -

That is my recollection as well, so I'm glad you confirmed it so I know I wasn't imagining things! I didn't think that the restaurant at Big Thunder Ranch was open at all during the party. Before the party, yes, but during, no.

I'm not sure that the French Market was open either - there was a treat station inside the restaurant (that was the one and only treat station we did not get to)!

I think that some dining places are open and some are not. I just can't recall which ones off the top of my head because we didn't eat during the party. However, I did get a big Coke at Coke Corner on Main Street.

sweethannah (and anyone else who is interested)-

The treat trail (with maybe 3 treat stations) at the Halloween Round-Up/Big Thunder Ranch area is one of the best and most interesting areas to get candy. First of all, because that area is kind of tucked away and out of the main flow of traffic, many people didn't bother going back there for candy. There were no lines at the stations and we went through all of them a couple of times in a row!

Plus, the Ranch/Round-Up area looks cool at night anyway. And that surrounding area/path in Frontierland (outside of the Round-Up/Ranch and down the road a bit) has some eerie fog/mist and glowing red and purple lighting here and there.

sweethannah (and anyone else who is interested)-

The treat trail (with maybe 3 treat stations) at the Halloween Round-Up/Big Thunder Ranch area is one of the best and most interesting areas to get candy. First of all, because that area is kind of tucked away and out of the main flow of traffic, many people didn't bother going back there for candy. There were no lines at the stations and we went through all of them a couple of times in a row!

Plus, the Ranch/Round-Up area looks cool at night anyway. And that surrounding area/path in Frontierland (outside of the Round-Up/Ranch and down the road a bit) has some eerie fog/mist and glowing red and purple lighting here and there.

You hit the nail on THAT head!!!...great now everybody is going to know another secret and it will be packed with DIS people....thanks for that Sherry:lmao:

You hit the nail on THAT head!!!...great now everybody is going to know another secret and it will be packed with DIS people....thanks for that Sherry:lmao:

Lynn -

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I think you may be right!:rotfl: I think I need to keep quiet and learn to not divulge the inside Halloween or holiday season secrets. I learned that the hard way. I have already talked up the festive GCH lobby atmosphere during the Christmas/holiday season so much, and encouraged people to enjoy it, that when I went to DLR in December and tried to find a seat to enjoy the festivities myself, there were no seats available!:scared1: The lobby was a hotbed of activity!

I muttered to myself, "I can't find a seat. How did all these people find out about the GCH lobby?" And then it hit me. "Oh...that's right...I keep telling everyone about it in the Christmas Superthread! I need to keep my mouth shut!":rotfl2:

So, never mind, everyone.;);) Forget that I said anything about the Big Thunder Ranch/Halloween Round-Up area.;);) It's really not a good spot at all, so just avoid it at all costs!:lmao:

lol, thanks for the info ladies! Maybe we'll try to snag a rezzy for the bbq anyway. A 4 or 430pm early dinner might make the timing just right plus we'll have nice full bellies with treat or treat trails for dessert! :p

ty we never go there we went there at christmas time to meet santa once and that was a cool thing but that place always gets skipped for us. We will try stop by for trick treating

On reading the previous posts about the UK guest having trouble purchasing tickets over the phone - now I'm getting worried we'll miss out on our AP discounted tickets. In 2007 we didn't have an AP but I called and purchased regular tickets over the phone, which were mailed to me (in Australia).

I have no problem purchasing e-tickets online this time, HOWEVER when I tried to purchase my husband's AP a couple of months ago, the transaction wouldn't work (I tried many times and many different days), and DIsney said it was due to my bank not communicating with their system, or some such. Which was weird because I used the same credit card to purchase my AP a couple of months before that.

So I suppose my options are to try our credit card online, and if that doesn't work see if my father in law's will work (and give him the money), or else call and hope they will send me the tickets!

Lynn -

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I think you may be right!:rotfl: I think I need to keep quiet and learn to not divulge the inside Halloween or holiday season secrets. I learned that the hard way. I have already talked up the festive GCH lobby atmosphere during the Christmas/holiday season so much, and encouraged people to enjoy it, that when I went to DLR in December and tried to find a seat to enjoy the festivities myself, there were no seats available!:scared1: The lobby was a hotbed of activity!

I muttered to myself, "I can't find a seat. How did all these people find out about the GCH lobby?" And then it hit me. "Oh...that's right...I keep telling everyone about it in the Christmas Superthread! I need to keep my mouth shut!":rotfl2:

So, never mind, everyone.;);) Forget that I said anything about the Big Thunder Ranch/Halloween Round-Up area.;);) It's really not a good spot at all, so just avoid it at all costs!:lmao:

I have spirited away this bit of information. I know it is not until 2014, but if all goes according to plan, I will spent my 40th birthday in Hawaii and we will spend some time at Disneyland before and after this (a total of 7 nights). We are likely to stay at VGC and at least coming back, the holiday season should be in full swing.

Corinna

canadian_ehngel -

I was saying earlier today that the 10/15 party probably means that there is a private event in Disneyland on 10/16 - like a party for a certain corporation or something. That's what happened last year. There was a party on Monday, 10/3 instead of Tuesday, 10/4 because there was a private event on 10/4.

How do private parties work in relation to park hours? Does the park usually close earlier on those days? Is it typically busier? Do they have more or less parades/fireworks/etc?
I've never been to DL at Halloween before and now I'm all confused and switching dates to try to go to the trick or treating and of course Disney doesn't post their info until well after you have to have your trip planned and booked :headache:

Sorry, more questions.

We had planned to go to DL on a friday so we could see either the fireworks, parade, or Fantasmic! Then I found out that the park actually closes early on Friday and there are special fireworks for the Halloween party. Do they have "regular" fireworks other days? Do they have Fantasmic! any days? Most importantly why won't Disney post this information ahead of time so people can plan?

Sorry, more questions.

We had planned to go to DL on a friday so we could see either the fireworks, parade, or Fantasmic! Then I found out that the park actually closes early on Friday and there are special fireworks for the Halloween party. Do they have "regular" fireworks other days? Do they have Fantasmic! any days? Most importantly why won't Disney post this information ahead of time so people can plan?

The fireworks during MHP is called Halloween Screams fireworks which is only available during MHP. On Saturdays and Sundays, DL will have the regular fireworks on those two days in October which will be RDCT (Remember Dreams Come True fireworks). Fantasmic! should be running on Saturdays and Sundays just like RDCT fireworks.

You can check the history calender from last year in October to plan your visit. This will give you an idea of what to expect during the Halloween season at the DLR including times and what is showing at DL. Disneyland Park Hours / Parades and Show Times 2011

The fireworks are pretty cool:

2250.jpg

2420.jpg

1750.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter