• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

I just watched most of CBS’s Fit for Christmas.

Even Paul Greene couldn’t save this. Amanda Klootz as the heroine was awful. If CBS wants to be Hallmark, they’d better step it up 😳🤣

Just watched Fit for Christmas that was on CBS last night. I really enjoyed it a lot. I would give it a 5 star rating
We posted at the same time and had two completely different experiences ☺️ This is why everyone should give each movie a try to see if it’s for them 🥰

Just watched Fit for Christmas that was on CBS last night. I really enjoyed it a lot. I would give it a 5 star rating

I just found that it is ON Demand on CBS. Thanks.

I just watched most of CBS’s Fit for Christmas.

Even Paul Greene couldn’t save this. Amanda Klootz as the heroine was awful. If CBS wants to be Hallmark, they’d better step it up 😳🤣

Interesting. CBS made 3 movies last Christmas. I felt like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. One movie I really liked. One I was lukewarm about. One was a snoozer.

Last edited:
Me too. Total brat. But in looking back on it, the writers may actually have been trying to show that "Scrooge" may not be so scroogy after all. That he actually was grumpy and annoyed as all heck and for a legitimately good reason.
It did get better when the kid apologized. Then it was quite sweet.

Me too. Total brat. But in looking back on it, the writers may actually have been trying to show that "Scrooge" may not be so scroogy after all. That he actually was grumpy and annoyed as all heck and for a legitimately good reason.
I just think the mom should have been looking into it a little better. If someone accuses my kid of doing something that I think is out of character, one time, I'll trust my kid's story. But if there are subsequent accusations, I'd start checking things myself and (sorry) seeing if I'm getting the true story from my kid. Yes, one of my kids lied like a champ from the time he could talk.

One thing that has always puzzled me is Hallmark not making good use of the musical talent of it's actors/actresses. By now, I had expected a Christmas musical movie. It would certainly be a break from the usual formula or checklist that their movies often follow.

I know that there are many movies where an actor or actress will sing a song or two. That's especially true when the lead is primarily a musician. I'm talking about a full-blown Christmas musical.

One thing that has always puzzled me is Hallmark not making good use of the musical talent of it's actors/actresses. By now, I had expected a Christmas musical movie. It would certainly be a break from the usual formula or checklist that their movies often follow.

I know that there are many movies where an actor or actress will sing a song or two. That's especially true when the lead is primarily a musician. I'm talking about a full-blown Christmas musical.
What about A Holiday Spectacular? That's got lots of musical stuff in it.

"A Holiday Spectacular" was a great movie, but it focused primarily on dancing. That's good, but I was referring to the vocal talents of various actors and actresses. A musical movie that had both singing and dancing would be even better, though.

Now that Hallmark is doing different kinds of stories, they may attempt it. But, I think it would have to be with songs that are already existing, like the musicals Moulin Rouge or Mamma Mia. Hallmark movies are professionally designated in the movie industry as low-budget films. They have to rehearse & film in 3 weeks or less for the low-budget designation, in order to pay everyone a low-budget rate. The lead actors rehearsing a lot of songs, especially new, original ones would take a lot of time.

Plus, there is having to pay for the actors to sing. I notice Laura Osnes no longer sings in her movies. She starred in one in which the guy sang, but she didn't even sign along with him. I suspect Hallmark was unwilling to pay the rate to have her sing, and so they cut the duet out.

When Laura & Aaron Tveit starred together in a movie, they sang a song at the beginning, under the title credits, but we never see their faces while singing it. Again, probably because they'd have to be paid as on-camera performers. They did sing parts of other Christmas carols. I don't remember if either of them sang a full carol to be classified as a "full out performance." Nor, did they sing any solos. It was always with a group or another character.

Last edited:
I am currently watching Noel Next Door. I'm sorry, but this kid is a total brat?!?!?! Why would they write this and think we would side with the kid over the crabby neighbor? I'd by ultra annoyed too if a kid was kicking a ball against my wall and then said you can't catch me when I told him to stop.
I had the same thoughts while I watched it. I was rooting for the grinch that's why I said in my comment about the movie people wouldn't just leave him alone, it's no wonder he was terse with everyone! I think we were supposed to think the kid was bratty but that it followed that "a kid is a kid" kind of thinking (not that I agree with it) although the kid was a tad too old just to use that excuse (again not that I agree with it).

But having had my neighbor next to me have a daughter who was practicing hitting a ball (thankfully against her own house) constantly even just the noise of it alone would irritate me let alone if it was against my house.

I still really liked the movie in the end just sorta ignored as best I could the other stuff.

"A Holiday Spectacular" was a great movie, but it focused primarily on dancing. That's good, but I was referring to the vocal talents of various actors and actresses. A musical movie that had both singing and dancing would be even better, though.
You may try out Lifetime--The Kirk Franklin A Gospel Christmas from last year IIRC had singing in it and they are doing another Kirk Franklin movie this year The Night Before Christmas. These two movies aren't musicals per se and are more gospel-style but they should have more singing into it though not dancing.

Another movie I could recommend that does have a singer/songwriter in it (she's the lead) and I actually often listen to the songs on Spotify is Christmas Harmony. It was aired on Lifetime (though I don't know if it was a Lifetime Original or not) in 2018. The plot may not be the best of the best but I loved the songs such as Hearts Know it's Never Goodbye, Christmas Wish, and Cathedral Heart being my favorite. Dancing though is not in this either.

I can't remember if Mariah Carey sang (I'm pretty sure she did) in A Christmas Melody (from 2015) but I agree with Imzadi here while perhaps in the future they may try an actual musical they churn out the movies for around $1-2 million or so and that doesn't leave much to spend on licensing rights, musical talents and productions for a full on musical. Hallmark (and even Lifetime now) are more interested in quantity of movies. You'll probably find more of that in places like Netflix or Prime perhaps Tubi.

We posted at the same time and had two completely different experiences ☺️ This is why everyone should give each movie a try to see if it’s for them 🥰
I use IMDb as my initial look on things because I use it for all my movies. Majority of the time I'm fairly close to their ratings in how I feel but not always.

That said if it's a Hallmark movie rated below 5.5 these days I'm more likely than not going to delete the recording and only watch it if it comes on again and I have recording space. If it's Lifetime anything below a 5 would follow the same. For Hallmark if it's below a 6 I know it's probably iffy but I'll still keep it on the DVR, getting too much below that and nope likely not worth it.

For example when I was reading along this thread before rejoining I saw people weren't too into Christmas Bedtime Stories which I had just recorded. Looked at IMDb and it was low rated as well. I deleted it right then figuring it's just not worth my recording space. It currently sits at 5.1 with 542 reviews and for Hallmark that is extremely low rating with enough reviews to get a good consensus. It's not apparently a good movie.

Now Fit For Christmas is at 5.8 with 132 ratings. That tells me it's likely to slide down further but at this point is probably worth a watch. CBS is just getting into the movies here but I don't expect them to be amazing and just adjust my expectations.

I can't remember if Mariah Carey sang (I'm pretty sure she did) in A Christmas Melody (from 2015) but I agree with Imzadi here while perhaps in the future they may try an actual musical they churn out the movies for around $1-2 million or so and that doesn't leave much to spend on licensing rights, musical talents and productions for a full on musical. Hallmark (and even Lifetime now) are more interested in quantity of movies. You'll probably find more of that in places like Netflix or Prime perhaps Tubi.
She did not sing, thank goodness LOL. Nor did Lacey (who has a wonderful voice, but never gets to use it), it was the daughter that sang. I love that movie LOL.

This was an interesting hallmark article and how the channel is stacking up now with the changes https://heavy.com/entertainment/hal...3OC-uDu_pW_BKzoqGtpUXwnn_xnJU5hIwXdtaerIjtFOc
I would be very interested in seeing their numbers and age breakdown of viewers. I think they are losing viewers with the changes and I find it hard to believe they're bringing in younger viewers to replace the older viewers who are not interested in their inclusive love stories. I have no issue with same-sex relationships but the movies do not appeal to me on a personal level to watch.

Since I adore Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell, I dragged my dh to the movie theatre to see "Spirited". I LOVED it. The songs were terrific and the movie was funny & poignant. I gotta get the soundtrack for sure.

I would be very interested in seeing their numbers and age breakdown of viewers. I think they are losing viewers with the changes and I find it hard to believe they're bringing in younger viewers to replace the older viewers who are not interested in their inclusive love stories. I have no issue with same-sex relationships but the movies do not appeal to me on a personal level to watch.
Considering in the article they advised they were still #1 for the 10th year in a row (and they have more diverse stories and characters for several years at this point) and that they outpaced the next leading network by close to 120% I'd say they are doing okay :)

The demographics are 18 and up with the story (so it's not broken down) but if they are still number one and still well outpacing their competition that should not lead anyone to believe they are having a hard time bringing in viewers. I don't know the demographics but perhaps you're not giving older viewers a bit more credit here (who knows).

That said I honestly prefer Lifetime because for Lifetime none of this stuff was really off limits/controversial. Anyone who watches Lifetime knows very little is off the table lol and they IMO do the story lines better (the Christmas Setup is still one of my favorite movies) but I have enjoyed Hallmark stories that are more diversified. I think it will take Hallmark a few more years to get really into the flow of more movies. But they've got their Mahogany line of movies now so they are getting there.

OK, a little late, but "A Country Christmas Harmony". This one was so bad, I just had to keep watching it to see if it was bad all the way through.

Everyone in the movie kept saying that Chrissy was such an "independent, strong-willed" person, but I couldn't see it. She was weepy at the drop of a hat and so mixed up (emotionally) she couldn't assert herself well.

And Luke wasn't much better. When Chrissy left, he basically shut himself off from everything. And he really can't sing, IMO.

Last edited:
OK, a little late, but "A Country Christmas Harmony". This one was so bad, I just had to keep watching it to see if it was bad all the way through.

Everyone in the movie kept saying that Chrissy was such an "independent, strong-willed" person, but I couldn't see it. She was weepy at the drop of a hat and so mixed up (emotionally) he couldn't assert herself well.

And Luke wasn't much better. When Chrissy left, he basically shut himself off from everything. And he really can't sing, IMO.
Thank you for that review. I actually have it being recorded Sunday as part of pushing off for space but it is low rated right now (5.1 with 188 ratings)..and with your review I think I'll just remove it from the list. There's always next year to watch it and with it having been released this year it'll be shown at some point next year more than likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter