Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Last night we watched “A Holiday Spectacular.” It was against my better judgment, only because I grew up in north Jersey, my birthday is the beginning of January and every year during Christmas vacation, my mom would bring me and a few friends to the 7 AM Christmas show. She worked, so we had to go real early. I just thought the movie couldn’t be as good as I remember the show to have been.

Boy, the scenes showing the music hall took me back, and the show portions were fabulous. The Wooden Soldiers Domino Effect, wow! I think Mom probably took me and friends from my 8th through 14th birthdays. The years were roughly 1955- 1961, not far from the time the movie was set in.

I enjoyed the story a lot, too!

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄😊

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been hesitant too to watch this movie. I've been to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular a few times. I didn't want to see a movie about it that may be bad. Glad I can watch now. :thumbsup2

3 Christmas Movies on tonight, Friday:

Hallmark Channel: A Big Fat Family Christmas at 8pm ET / 7CT
Re-airs: Sat 12/3 at 10:01 ET
Tues 12/6 at 6pm ET
Sun 12/11 at 4pm ET
Starring: Shannon Chan-Kent, Tia Carrere, Shannon Kook, Tia Carrere, Harrison Sima, Yee Jee Tso and Jack Wagner.
Description: Liv gets an assignment to photograph the Chang family's annual holiday party for a front-page story--nobody at work knows that they are her family. She wants to confide in new co-worker Henry but doesn't want to jeopardize her big break.

Lifetime: Cloudy with a Chance of Christmas at 8pm ET / 7CT
Re-airs 4 hours later, 12:01am
and Sun 12/4 at 4pm ET
Starring: Valery Ortiz, Brandon Quinn, Sarah Jane Morris, Audrey Landers.
Description: A weather forecaster finds herself stuck in a snowy town and forced to work with a rival on a holiday broadcast. (Filmed in Leavenworth, WA.)

UPtv: Christmas in the Wilds at 7pm ET
Re-airs: Sat 12/3 at 11pm ET
Tues 12/13 at 7pm ET
Starring: Kaitlyn Leeb and Victor Zinck Jr.
Description: Buck and Jessica's merry little Christmas together takes a dangerous turn when their journey through the wild turns into a battle for survival.

A Show-Stopping Christmas (originally released as A Playful Romance in 2021). I really liked this one. The actress doing Regina was spot on and totally deserved to be hated, and handled the transition at the end seamlessly.

And I liked that, while there was still conflict that could seem to drive the love interests apart, it was resolved quickly.

🎄🎄🎄🎄+

I taped the Dolly special and watched it this morning. I love her, but wasn't super impressed by this one. The acting didn't feel polished at all. (I liked the Dollywood movie she did with Danica McKellar a while back a lot better.)

I did like some of the songs (the last one, the one with her family, the duets with the guest stars) but disliked others. (What were they thinking with that devil one?)

I'm glad they mentioned her book charity, and her great-nephew was really cute.

🎄 🎄 🎄

I taped the Dolly special and watched it this morning. I love her, but wasn't super impressed by this one. The acting didn't feel polished at all. (I liked the Dollywood movie she did with Danica McKellar a while back a lot better.)

I did like some of the songs (the last one, the one with her family, the duets with the guest stars) but disliked others. (What were they thinking with that devil one?)

I'm glad they mentioned her book charity, and her great-nephew was really cute.

🎄 🎄 🎄
Yeah that Devil song is where I really really lost interest. It was a stupid song, and made zero sense in the storyline. She is complaining about her dress and the set, walks into the control room with a candy cane, says something about the devil, sings that song in her head, and then says, lets do this? What?
And I LOVE the Hallmark movie with Danica, it will be watched again soon.

Cloudy With a Chance of Christmas. I thought it was really nice. The only 2 things that didn't work well for me were Audrey Landers as the mom (definitely lots of make up to look younger, and hair stiff as a board), and the Drake character. I don't know if it was the actor or the part, but seemed a bit out of his depth.

That said, the movie itself was pretty good. The Drake's brother was good, and Lisa (the producer) were excellent in their parts.

🎄 🎄 🎄

5 Christmas movies are premiering tonight, Saturday. I've included some re-air dates if you'd rather record them later.

SATURDAY at 8pm ET / 7CT:

Hallmark Channel: A Fabled Holiday

Re-airs: Sun 12/4 at 6pm ET
Tues 12/6 at 10pm ET
Starring: Brooke D’Orsay, Ryan Paevey and Lindsey Stirling.
Description: Talia and her childhood best friend Anderson reunite in a curiously familiar-looking town full of Christmas spirit that restores its visitors when they need it most.

Lifetime: A New Orleans Noel
(re-airs Sun 12/4 at 12:01am ET
Sun 12/4 at 10:03pm ET <-- Not a typo
Mon 12/5 at 2:04am ET <-- Not a typo
Starring Keshia Knight Pulliam, Brad James, Tim Reid and Patti LaBelle.
Description: College architecture rivals are forced to reunite to work on a local legend’s home at Christmas. Executive produced by Pulliam and Whoopi Goldberg. (Filmed in Natchez, MS. and New Orleans, LA.)

GA Family: Christmas on Candy Cane Lane
Tues 12/6 at 8pm ET
Weds 12/7 at 12pm ET
Fri 12/9 at 4pm ET
Sat 12/10 at 12pm ET
Sun 11/27 at 10am ET
Starring: Andrea Barber and Dan Payne.
Description: A struggling and newly-separated mom finds herself tasked with filling her famous mom’s shoes in her Christmas-obsessed town. In a series of strange but comical events everybody gets together in unexpected but festive ways.

At 10pm ET:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries: Mahogany Presents: The Holiday Stocking

Tues 12/6 at 8pm ET
Sat 12/10 at 4pm ET
Tues 12/13 at 6am ET
Starring: Tamala Jones and Mykelti Williamson.
Description: A guardian angel is given a chance to return to earth as a stranger in order to right a past wrong and reunite his family. (Filmed in Salt Lake City, Utah.)

UPtv: Christmas on the Slopes at 7pm ET / 6CT
re-airs: Sun 12/4 at 11:30pm ET
Starring: Soma Chhaya and Olivier Renaud.
Description: A chef trying to get away from a series of disappointments, both personal and professional, goes on vacation, only to clash with the resort’s grumpy chef.

On some (paid) streaming services - Recently premiered (and may still be streaming,) and upcoming holiday movies & specials (to Dec 9):

NETFLIX:
  • The Great British Baking Show: Holidays (US debut of 2021 Christmas and New Year’s special episodes of the Great British Bake Off, featuring returning favorites and the cast of It’s a Sin) - Nov. 18
  • The Cuphead Show! A Holiday Tree-dition/A Very Devil Christmas (holiday special episodes of the animated series based on the classic video game) - Nov. 18
  • My Little Pony: Winter Wishday (animated holiday special based on the Hasbro toy line and rebooted series, My Little Pony: Make Your Mark) - Nov. 21
  • Christmas on Mistletoe Farm (UK holiday movie starring Carolyn Pickles, Scott Paige, Scott Garnham, Celia Imrie, Robert Slatter, Dawn Buckland, Dexter Sol Ansell, Sheney Delaney and Madison Davis; written and directed by Debbie Isitt, creator of Nativity!; A widower inherits a farm at Christmas, but struggles to adjust to the village life his kids adore; filmed in Birmingham, UK) - Nov. 23 (Trailer)
  • The Noel Diary (holiday movie starring Justin Hartley, Barrett Doss, James Remar and Bonnie Bedelia; based on the book by Richard Paul Evans; directed by Charles Shyer; A man connects with a women at the holidays through a diary left to him by his mother; filmed in Connecticut) - Nov. 24 (Trailer)
  • The Action Pack Saves Christmas (animated special based on the preschool superhero series; Teddy plots to steal everyone’s Christmas cheer and the Action Pack must stop him) - Nov. 28
  • Christmas Full of Grace (Portuguese-language holiday movie starring Gessica Kayane, better known as GKay, Sérgio Malheiros, Vera Fischer, Monique Alfradique, Letícia Isnard, Nando Cunha, Cezar Maracujá; directed by Pedro Antonio Paes; written by Carol Garcia; After he’s dumped by his girlfriend, a man takes a stranger home to his family for Christmas dinner and chaos ensues; filmed in Brazil) - Nov. 30 (Trailer)
  • The Creature Cases Holiday Special (animated holiday special of the featuring the characters from the animated series; Sam and Kit go back to the ice age and meet new, wooly mammoth friends.) - Nov. 30 (Trailer)
  • Troll (Norwegian fantasy movie starring Ine Marie Wilmann, Kim FalckMads and Sjøgård Pettersen; directed by Roar Uthaug; A creature awakes in Dovre mountain and threatens Oslo; filmed in Norway) - Dec. 1 (Trailer)
  • Scrooge: A Christmas Carol (animated musical adaptation starring Olivia Colman, Luke Evans, Jessie Buckley, Jonathan Pryce and Johnny Flynn; directed by Stephen Donnelly with music from Leslie Bricusse; made in the UK) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)
  • The Boss Baby: Christmas Bonus (animated special based on the characters from the DreamWorks movie series; the Boss Baby is mistaken for an elf and sent to work for Santa) - Dec. 6 (Trailer)
  • Delivery by Christmas (a.k.a. Jeszcze Przed Swietami; Polish-language holiday romance directed by Aleksandra Kułakowska and Maciej Prykowski; A deliveryman finds himself tasked with saving Christmas ) - Dec. 6
  • I Hate Christmas (a.k.a. Odio Il Natale; Italian-language comedy series starring Pilar Fogliati, Marzia Ubaldi, Fiorenza Pieri, Massimo Rigo, Alessio Praticò, Cecilia Bertozzi and Marcos Piacentini; directed by Davide Mardegan and Clemente De Muro; written by Elena Bucaccio, Viola Rispoli and Silvia Leuzzi; A nurse who is happily single the rest of the year is sick of being shamed for being alone at the holidays, so vows on December 1 to find someone to take home for Christmas; filmed in Italy) - Dec. 7

HBO Max:

• Holiday Harmony (holiday movie starring Brooke Shields, Jeremy Sumpter, Annelise Cepero, Michael Wiseman and Morgan Harvill; directed by Shaun Paul Piccinino; written by Lauren Swickard; A singer breaks down in a small Oklahoma down while on her way to L.A. and falls in love with her mechanic’s son; filmed in Petaluma, California) - Nov. 24 (Trailer)
  • A Christmas Mystery (family holiday movie starring Beau Bridges, Eddie Cibrian, Oscar Nunez, Santino Barnard, Drew Powell and Violet McGraw; directed by Alex Ranarivelo; A small town’s claim to fame—a set of solid gold bells purported to have fallen from Santa’s sleigh—are stolen and a group of kids band together to find out whodunit and clear their school janitor’s name; filmed in Petaluma, Calif.) - Nov. 24 (Trailer)
  • Love, Lizzo (documentary film on the Grammy-award winning singer) - Nov. 24
  • Sesame Street: The Nutcracker, Starring Elmo and Tango (animated holiday special inspired by the classic ballet; When a mouse steals Tango’s toy, Elmo and Tango go on a magical adventure across Sesame Street to get it back) - Dec. 1 (Trailer)
  • A Hollywood Christmas (holiday movie starring Josh Swickard, Jessika Van, Riley Dandy, Anissa Borrego and Missi Pyle; directed by Alex Ranarivelo; written by John Ducey; When an executive threatens to shut down production on a Christmas movie, the star strives to save the season from her personal Scrooge; filmed in L.A.) - Dec. 1 (Trailer)
  • Batwheels Holiday Special: Holidays on Ice (holiday special of the D.C. preschool animated series) - Dec. 6
  • Bugs Bunny Builders Holiday Special: Looneyburg Lights (holiday special of the Looney Tunes preschool animated series) - Dec. 6
  • Sesame Street Mecha Builders Holiday Special (holiday special of the Sesame Street animated series) - Dec. 6
  • Silos Baking Competition: Holiday Edition (Christmas-themed Magnolia baking competition one-off) - Dec. 9

Apple TV+

• Spirited (musical-comedy reimagining of Charles Dickens’ classic, A Christmas Carol, starring Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell, Octavia Spencer, Patrick Page, Sunita Mani, Loren Woods, Joe Tippett, Marlow Barkley, Jen Tullock; written and directed by Sean Anders and John Morris; filmed in Massachusetts) - Nov. 18 (Trailer); also available in theaters Nov. 11
  • Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock, Night of the Lights (musical holiday special of the rebooted Jim Henson-created series starring Daveed Diggs; The Fraggles head out on a musical adventure to find the brightest light for the biggest holiday in Fraggle Rock) - Nov. 18 (Trailer)
  • Sago Mini Friends: Happy Thankful Day (special Thanksgiving special of the animated pre-school series; Harvey and his friends talk about all the things they’re thankful for, from big to small) - Nov. 18
  • Interrupting Chicken: A Chicken Carol (animated special based on the children’s book series by David Ezra Stein; When Ebenezer Wolf cancels the holidays it’s up Piper helps the Three Little Pigs change his mind) - Dec. 2
  • Pretzel and the Puppies: Merry Muttgomery! (animated special based on the book Pretzel by Margret and H.A. Rey; A snowstorm threatens to cancel the town Christmas festival) - Dec. 2
  • The Snoopy Show: Holiday Collection (animated story collection from the original series based on the classic Peanuts character, featuring the all-new “Happiness is the Gift of Giving” ) - Dec. 2

Disney+
  • The Santa Clauses (limited series based on the Disney movies, starring Tim Allen, Elizabeth Mitchell, Kal Penn, Laura San Giacomo and David Krumholtz; As Allen’s Santa reaches retirement age and his kids grow up, he starts planning for life after the North Pole) - Nov. 16 (Trailer)
  • The Wonderful Autumn of Mickey Mouse (animated seasonal special(animated seasonal special based on The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse vintage-look series; Mickey and his friends inherit a rundown pumpkin farm in an idyllic village, or is it?) - Nov. 18 (Trailer)
  • Best in Snow (snow-sculpting competition hosted by Titus Burgess and Kermit the Frog, featuring competitors trying to construct classic Disney characters out of snow, as well as musical performances from Burgess and DCappella; directed by directed by Sam Wrench) - Nov. 18 (Trailer)
  • The Hip Hop Nutcracker (New Year’s Eve-set, hip-hop take on The Nutcracker ballet starring Rev Run, Cache Melvin and Du-Shaunt Stegall; Maria-Clara’s parents keep fighting, so she goes on a magical journey across New York City to bring them back together) - Nov. 25 (Trailer)
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (holiday special starring the original Guardians cast including, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel and Sean Gunn, plus Kevin Bacon; written and directed by James Gunn; To cheer up Star Lord, Drax and Mantis bring him Kevin Bacon, as a Christmas present; filmed in Atlanta ) - Nov. 25 (Trailer)
  • Pentatonix: Around the World for the Holidays (musical special featuring the a cappella supergroup looking for inspiration for their next holiday album) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)
  • Weekend Family: A Christmas Gift (holiday special based on the French original series featuring a blended family navigating their first Christmas as a group in France) - Dec. 9
  • Idina Menzel: Which Way to the Stage (musical documentary and celebration of Broadway star Idina Menzel) - Dec. 9

Hulu: (Some are GA Family movies that aired this season!)
  • A Merry Christmas Wish (GA Family holiday movie starring Jill Wagner and Cameron Mathison; directed by Bradley Walsh; written by Blaine Chiappetta and Adam Rockoff; A Big City businesswoman is gifted with her family farm at the holidays and clashes with a local farmhand who makes her rethink her return to the city; filmed in North Bay, Ontario) - Nov. 13
  • A Unicorn for Christmas (holiday movie starring Sunny Mabrey, Chuck Wicks, Abby James Witherspoon, Christian Finlayson, Charlene Tilton, Lane Davies and Ed Marinaro; directed by Stacia Crawford; written by Haven McCord & Andreas Olavarria; A young girl finds a real unicorn at a Christmas carnival and most protect it from those who would exploit it; filmed in Georgia; aired in 2021 in Canada) - Nov. 24 (Trailer)
  • Merry Kiss Cam (holiday movie starring Katie Lowes, Jesse Bradford, Martha Millan and Bryan Daniel Porter; directed by Lisa France; written by Maya Boudreau and Evan D. Watkins; hockey-themed Christmas romance; When two people from very different worlds meet on a hockey kiss cam, could it lead to love?; set and shot in Duluth, Minnesota) - Nov. 24
  • Christmas at the Drive-In (GA Family holiday movie starring Danica McKellar and Neal Bledsoe; directed by Don McBreaty; A dumped woman returns to her hometown to start over as a law professor and finds herself in a fight to save the local drive-in vs her high school ex; filmed in North Bay, Ontario) - Nov. 29
  • I’m Glad It’s Christmas (GA Family holiday movie starring Jessica Lowndes, Paul Greene and Gladys Knight; directed by Ernie Barbarash; A Broadway hopeful falls for a jingle writer, while a real estate mogul tries to get them both to sing at a holiday concert; filmed in Sudbury & North Bay, Ontario) - Nov. 26, available on Hulu, Dec. 1
  • The Good Witch of Christmas (live action/animated hybrid sequel to Christmas Thieves; starring Tom Arnold, Katie McGovern and Billy Baldwin; The thieves from the first movie, now good guys, are babysitting when the Christmas Witch crashes into their front yard and and loses her memory. With Santa also out of commission, who will save Christmas?; filmed in Italy) - Dec. 1; also available via PVOD as of Nov. 4 (Trailer)
  • It’s a Wonderful Binge (holiday-set sequel to 2020′s raunchy comedy, The Binge; starring Danny Trejo, Kaitlin Olson, Eduardo Franco, Eileen Galindo, Karen Maruyama, Steve Little and Nick Swardson; written and directed by Jordan VanDina; In a future where alcohol and drugs are illegal except for one day a year when people go wild, which this year happens to fall on Christmas; filmed in Syracuse, New York) - Dec. 9 (Trailer)

Amazon Prime Video:

• Christmas Always Finds Its Way (French-language holiday series starring Louis Rault, Esther Bernet-Rollande and Virgile Elana; three short films about Christmas magic) - Nov. 19
  • Your Christmas or Mine? (holiday rom-com starring Asa Butterfield, Cora Kirk, Daniel Mays, Alex Jennings, Harriet Walker, David Bradley, Lucien Laviscount, Natalie Gumede, Ram John Holder and Angela Griffin; directed by Jim O’Hanlon; written by Tom Parry; A young couple each decides to surprise the other for the holidays, but their cross purposes means they actually end up spending Christmas with each other’s families, without their partner; filmed in the UK) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)
  • Three Pines (holiday-set mystery-thriller series starring Alfred Molina; based on the Inspector Armand Gamache novels by Louise Penny; A police detective investigates a series of murders and disappearances in a seemingly perfect small town) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)
  • Something from Tiffany’s (holiday rom-com starring Zoey Deutch, Shay Mitchell, Rose Abdoo, Ray Nicholson, Michael Roark, Kendrick Sampson and Leah Jeffries; based on the book by Melissa Hill; adapted by Tamara Chestna; directed by Daryl Wein; Two men shopping at Tiffany’s on Christmas Eve, one for a charm bracelet, the other an engagement ring, get their bags mixed up, and when the ring is presented to the wrong party, the strangers lives become intertwined; filmed in New York City) - Dec. 9 (Trailer)
  • Friedliche Weihnachten (a.k.a. Peaceful Christmas; German-language six-episode holiday series starring Valerie Huber, Timur Bartels, Uwe Ochsenknecht, Esther Schweins and Wayne Carpendale; produced by Thomas Peter Friedl; A doctor who fell in love with his girlfriend during a Christmas Eve ER visit, wants to propose to her on the anniversary of their first meeting in front of both their families, who will be meeting each other for the first time as they all spend Christmas together in a country home; filmed in Germany) - Dec. 9
  • Reyes Contra Santa (a.k.a. Three Wise Kings vs Santa; Spanish-language holiday movie starring Karra Elejalde, David Verdaguer, Matías Janick, Andrés Almeida, Adal Ramones, Eva Ugarte, Isa Montalbán, Cosette Silguero y Laura Quirós; written by Jelen Morales; The Three Wise Men set out to confront Santa because they’re jealous of his popularity; filmed in Toledo, Spain) - Dec. 9 (Trailer)

On some (FREE) streaming services - Recently premiered (and may still be streaming,) and upcoming original holiday movies & specials (to Dec 9.)

They all also have some older Christmas movies that are not listed here.

You can download the apps from your app store. ALL have webpage links (below) to watch from your Internet browser without downloading anything. :surfweb:

Freevee: (Amazon / IMDb .com's free streaming service)
  • Christmas Journey (small-budget holiday movie written, directed and starring Tommye Staley, along with Tyson Alexander; A troubled veteran and his struggling mom head out on a holiday motorcycle roadtrip together; filmed in Apache Junction, Ariz.) - Oct. 13
  • Hotel for the Holidays (holiday movie starring Madelaine Petsch, Mena Massoud, Morgan David Jones and Kayleigh Shikanai; written and directed by Ron Oliver; A hotel manager juggling a quirky mix of guests finds herself torn between a chef and a prince; filmed in Ottawa) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)
Xumo (is Comcast and Charter's FREE streaming service. It is ad supported. They also have many older Hallmark Christmas and non-Christmas movies and have some different content than PlutoTV and some episodes of Cedar Cove.)
https://www.xumo.tv/networks/hallmark-movies-and-more/99991709

• My Favorite Christmas Tree (holiday movie starring Giles Panton, Emma Johnson and Marnie Mahannah; directed by Jason Bourque; written by Shannon Latimer; A genealogist researching her own ancestry finds herself on a small-town Christmas tree farm where she clashes with the owner; filmed in Kelowna) - Nov. 1 (Trailer)
  • A Royal Christmas Match (holiday movie starring Jordana Largy, Matthew MacCaull, Ashley Alexander and Bruce Dawson; directed by Jonathan MacPherson; written by Jennifer Edwards; A princess traveling to a holiday convention is attracted to a professor, until she learns her father paid him to watch out for her; filmed in B.C.) - Nov. 1 (Trailer)
PlutoTV (is Paramount/CBS's FREE streaming service. They have LOTS of older Hallmark Christmas movies and non-Christmas movies not showing on Hallmark now, like the older Mr. Miracle movie, and Fallen Angel with Gary Sinise.)
https://pluto.tv/en/on-demand/category/618c41fe1add6600071bc9cf/62c4ba4360a9ca0007d7037c/view-all
  • A Merry Single Christmas (holiday movie starring Chelsea Gilson and Andrew Rogers; directed by Lexi Giovagnoli; An executive who has lost her Christmas spirit goes on a retreat to find it; filmed in Cleveland, Ohio) - Dec. 1 (Trailer)
  • A Christmas Karen (Topical twist on A Christmas Carol starring Michele Simms, Meghan Colleen Moroney and Rolin Alexis; written and directed by Jon Binkowski; A middle-aged busybody has to learn the true spirit of Christmas kindness via ghostly intervention; filmed in Orlando) - Nov. 24, also available via PVOD and DVD (Trailer)
Tubi (Fox's free streaming service. They have lots of older Lifetime Christmas movies.)
https://tubitv.com/search/Christmas
  • Uninvited for the Holidays (holiday comedy starring Afa Anoai Jr., John Bianco and Dan Gardenier; written and directed by Joe Gawalis; “A fish out of water story meets Home Alone”) - Nov. 1
  • A Royal Christmas on Ice (holiday movie starring Jonathan Stoddard, Anna Marie Dobbins and Chris Collins; directed by Fred Olen Ray; A prince visits a small town and falls in love with an Olympic ice skater at Christmas; filmed in East Aurora, NY) - Nov. 5
  • A Christmas Number One (a.k.a. A Christmas No. 1; UK holiday movie starring Iwan Rheon, Freida Pinto and Rich Hall; directed by Chris Cottam; written by Robert Chandler, Keiron Self and Giles New; A disgraced music manager flees New York for London and discovers what she thinks could be the next big thing when she hears a 13-year-old singing online, but clashes with the young star’s uncle when she tries to secure rights to the potential hit; filmed in the UK where it debuted in 2021 on Sky; first time available in the U.S.) - Nov. 7 (Trailer) ****Review****
  • Destined at Christmas (holiday movie starring Shae Robins, Casey Elliott, Eve Elliott and Weixin Le; Two people who meet during Black Friday shopping chaos can’t stop thinking about each other, but will fate bring them back together in time for Christmas?; filmed in Utah) - Nov. 11, (Trailer); also available via PVOD
  • The Winter Solstice (Chinese-language short film; Three strangers, all in life-altering circumstances, come together at a convenience store during the December solstice; first time available in the U.S.) - Nov. 12; first available via PVOD on Feb. 3
  • Mistletoe Time Machine (holiday movie starring Erika Prevost, Megha Sandhu, Alicia Richardson, Tori Barban, Gabriel Davenport, Sugith Varughese, Alana Pancyr, Steven Vlahos, Holden Wong, Michael Bianchi, Dieter Lische-Parkes, Siera Salmond; directed by Virginia Abramovich; Three friends become estranged following a disastrous holiday talent show performance and, a decade later, are sent back in time to relive their senior year of high school thanks to Santa’s magic spell; filmed in Ottawa) - Nov. 24
  • A Gay American Christmas Special (small-budget holiday special spoof, written, directed and starring Adam Barta) - Nov. 25
  • A Very Merry Hood Christmas (holiday movie starring Nia Miranda, Chris Collins, Elizabeth Foxx and Preston Rusan; directed by Thomas L Harris; When their parents announce they’re moving to Florida a dysfunctional family gathers for one last holiday in their Detroit family home; filmed in Detroit) - Dec. 1 (Trailer)

Roku Channel

• Another Christmas (holiday movie starring John Bonds, Malik Brazile and Sheena Faust; written and directed by Stacie Davis; A professional baseball player comes home to Myrtle Beach for the holidays to help his family through various domestic struggles and maybe find love himself; filmed in South Carolina) - Nov. 1 (Trailer)
  • O Holy Knight (faith-based holiday movie starring Christian Barba, Jim Horning and Jackson Geach; based on a comic character created by book by author Terry Cronin and illustrator Jorge Calamato; adapted and directed by Robby Sparks; In the midst of a doing a good deed a man is sent back in time to fight in a medieval tournament; filmed in Florida; debuted in festivals in 2018, this is first public release) - Nov. 1 (Trailer)
  • Cabin Connection (holiday movie starring Katherine Barrell, Cody Ray Thompson, Travis Nelson, Art Hindle, Kaleb Alexander and Julie Nolke; directed by Virginia Abramovich; A lifestyle writer inherits her grandmother’s cabin and hires a local handyman to help fix it up to sell over the holidays; filmed in Hamilton, Ont.) - Nov. 1
  • Love at the Christmas Contest (holiday movie starring Samantha Cope, Ross Jirgl, Colleen Elizabeth Miller, Emily Mathason, Triana Browne and James Healy; written and directed by John Burd; A woman enters a tree decorating contest in memory of her mother where she meets up with her high school sweetheart; filmed in Tulsa, Oklahoma) - Nov. 20 (Trailer)
  • Martha Holidays (seven-episode holiday series; Martha Stewart provides cooking, decorating and entertaining inspiration for the holiday season) - Nov. 21
  • Ryan’s World Titan Universe Holiday Adventures (live action and animation hybrid special featuring the holiday adventures of Ryan Kaji) - Nov. 24
  • The Great American Baking Show: Celebrity Holiday Edition (U.S.-based version of the classic British baking series, hosted by Ellie Kemper and Zach Cherry; with judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith and featuring celebrity contestants Chloe Fineman, Nat Faxon, Marshawn Lynch, D'Arcy Carden, Joel Kim Booster, and Liza Koshy competing for the Christmas cooking crown) - Dec. 2 (Trailer)

Watched My Southern Family Christmas last night, I think it aired much earlier in the US? I liked it, I was glad it all worked out in the end.
Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas was just on and I liked it as well. The twists were interesting, though I called a couple of them before they were played out. I think I have been watching too many of these movies lo.
Currently watching A Fabled Holiday which I think is ok so far. We'll see what the ending brings!

I enjoyed the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special, but I do like most things Marvel.

A New Orleans Noel. Kinda bland. I was hoping for much more New Orleans "flavor". I couldn't get over Keisha's "I just don't feel like I fit in" attitude. I mean, she's an accomplished architect. Educated and smart. She needed a little more attitude.

🎄

I just watched A Fabled Christmas. I loved it! 🥰🥰🥰
Lots of magic and whimsy, and I thought the plot was relatively unique and the storyline delightful. Of course it’s hard to go wrong with Ryan Paevey and Brooke D’Orsay. 😻😻😻

I just watched A Fabled Christmas. I loved it! 🥰🥰🥰
Lots of magic and whimsy, and I thought the plot was relatively unique and the storyline delightful. Of course it’s hard to go wrong with Ryan Paevey and Brooke D’Orsay. 😻😻😻

Oh good. I remember being really pissed that Ryan was in a movie, a couple movies ago, that was so bad, it was one I wouldn't stand to rewatch. I thought what a waste of Ryan Paevey in a movie.
TrashCan.gif
And my bar for rewatching a Ryan Paevey movie is set exceedingly low, as I'll pretty much watch him in anything. ;) popcorn:: 🥰

Yay to Danicas new movie being on Hulu!!!

Guardians was great. Christmas on Mistletoe Farm is utterly ridiculous and 100% aimed at children. That said it was cute and it amused me.

Rejoining the thread for this year though I've been reading along this year have watched enough to get some to list out here. Some movies I had to delete and reschedule or push off recording as per usual I just can never get enough recording space lol. There's a lot I still haven't seen so this list may include ones later on that others liked a lot. Since I use IMDb for my ratings, lists and all I'll still with that for ease of rating. It's out of 10. **But I do love the Christmas tree rating scale!

So far these are my favorites:
  • Ghosts of Christmas Always (Hallmark): 9/10 I really liked the twist on this, with not really being so focused on the fixing of other people (I mean yes there was but not as much) and more about the Ghosts who do the fixing. I loved the humor mixed with the serious tone and the chemistry really well IMO with Ian Harding and Kim Mutula although it was hard to see Ian a good guy after his multi-episode arc on Chicago Med. So far my favorite of the season.

• Ghost of Christmas Past (Lifetime from 2021's season): 8/10 I just got to watch this this year due to spacing issues on the DVR last season. The movie may have been predictable the whole time but I enjoyed the time it took to get to the end.

• The 12 Days of Christmas Eve (Lifetime): 8/10 I think Kelsey Grammer IMO made the movie but I liked the take of Scrooge mixed with Groundhog Day

• A Holiday Spectacular (Hallmark): 8/10 Really enjoyed the time period and that while there was romance in there it was not the focal point. I enjoyed the friendship with the girls. Although I did think perhaps the character Margaret/Maggie could have been just a tad less chipper in some things it wasn't enough of a detractor. I liked seeing Carolyn McCormick (played her mom).

• Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas (Hallmark): 8/10 I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I was generous with the ratings on this franchise in general through the years even though I wasn't wow'd by them but this and Time for Me to Come Home for Christmas (the first installment in 2018) have been the best for me. For this year's I appreciated the sensitive way they went about the events. My husband guessed the connection before I did. I do think for this year's they may have spent just a few more minutes maybe giving us flashbacks more into their friendship all 3 of them, we just sorta jumped in and maybe it would have been nicer to see a tad in the past but honestly I still liked it. I also liked the actors including Steve Bacic. I hope Holland does more Hallmark movies in the future.

• Noel Next Door (Hallmark): 8/10 I was watching it rooting for the grinch because gosh people couldn't just leave him alone! And of course the kid is up to no good and fibs to his mom. But I really liked the chemistry. Corey Sevier is an actor either I really like his acting in a movie or it kills the movie for me. The Grumby/Sunshine trope is strong these days (I know this movie is based on a book).

Fit For Christmas (CBS) recording tonight may see how that one gets rated. I'm Glad it's Christmas/Someday at Christmas (GAC or whatever it's called these days lol) is getting high ratings for now on IMDb with just under 100 people rating it so I'll give it a tad more time before watching it with my husband to see if it still keeps up there in rating.

To put on a separate post since it's on the more negative side

• Christmas at the Golden Dragon (Hallmark) was a 6/10 for me but my husband liked it more than me. I really liked the base storyline but the main character Romy ruined it for me when she kept making Christmas about her. You're meeting your boyfriend's family chill, let them take the reigns on traditions and as time goes on you can make your own traditions. Don't insert what you think should be what you do. Yeah the point being that she never got to do things but checklists of Christmas traditions plot point have been done enough times before without the character coming off entitled to these Christmas traditions with other people's families. 'Bout the only really cool thing was that it was set in Wichita which is just a few hours from me. That said the back part of it with the patrons coming together, acceptance towards parents moving on, etc made up a point or two for me.

• We both did not like Royal Nanny (Hallmark and 7/10 which was a tad more generous than I could have been) as much as the ratings liked. It just didn't click for us even though I thought the premise was corny but cute. Something about it fell flat unfortunately.

• On Hulu I was finally able to watch Christmas on the Farm (came out last year but wasn't streaming til just recently rated 5/10) with Poppy Montgomery. I wouldn't recommend it. Not really a Christmas movie and while I give props to the indie vibe it was just not good. Hate that feeling of disappointment when you're looking forward to a movie for so long and it's a dud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter