Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

Hallmark Channel: A Christmas Cookie Catastrophe
Re-airs: Thurs 11/27 at 10pm ET
Sat 12/3 at 4pm ET
Starring: Rachel Boston and Victor Webster.
Description: Annie Cooper takes over as CEO of her late grandmother's small-town cookie company and is doing her best to help their struggling business get back on track. That task gets more daunting when her grandmother's secret recipe is stolen during the Christmas party. As Annie tries to crack the case and uncover the culprit she works with Sam, the owner of a local bakery, to recreate the recipe in the hope of saving the company and her job.

I watched A Christmas Cookie Catastrophe. I usually like Rachel Boston and Victor Webster. They made this work. But Rachel was caffeinated through most of the whole movie. She kind of played one note through most of it. Until one of her employees even said to her, "Please be KIND." Then she stopped acting like a bull in a china shop and apologized and slowed down. I get that it was part of her character growing. But, it was far into the movie. I'm not sure I would have liked the movie if I wasn't a fan of Rachel.

Victor was his usual good leading man. This movie kind of reminded me of the one he did where he played a botanist who had a great nose for scents, and was needed to recreate a lost perfume recipe. In this movie, it's a lost cookie recipe he was trying to recreate.

Last edited:
Christmas at the Drive In. I'm not a great fan of Danica, but she's played some good parts. I thought this was one of her better ones. And I loved the whole look of the movie (set design, costumes, etc).

Thanks for the recommendation. I watched this last night. It is one of my favorite movies this season. It is the most "classic Hallmark" movie of all the movies I've seen so far. 🥰

Danica's movie has what I've been yearning for. Two strong, likable leads who have chemistry together. (This is Danica & Neal Bledsoe's third(?) movie together. So they are really comfortable together. One of my all time favorite Hallmark movies is them in Coming Home for Christmas, where Danica is brought in to manage a huge estate the male lead is trying to sell.)

Danica is fighting for a strong cause. She's a math genius, solved a real life mathematical equation, and teaches math. So, this character having expertise at problem solving skills is kind of in her wheelhouse and a real passion for her. The movie reminds us that Christmas is about bringing people together. And there is magic and miracles that happen at Christmas.
✨
🎄

Yes, this movie hit all the classic, feel good Christmas elements I want. 🥰

Whereas, I feel many of the "New Hallmark" contemporary movies are missing that. I didn't make it through Beau Bridges Alzheimer's movie. It was well acted, and seemed well written, but it was getting too sad for me. And the sisters were really being *itches going after the female lead in the parts I saw, they were so bitter and angry at her.

#Xmas also had a bitter female lead that really went after the mom, that I recoiled. Some of the leads seem to have been given permission to play unlikable, as that's real life. Then there's the movie with the dead husband coming back at the end. :crazy2: More contemporary stories and realism are fine, but I watch Christmas movies for the happy feelings and the magic.

So, instead, I've been watching a lot of the older movies again to get that bit of magic and excitement. Glad there is a new one out that has that.

Last edited:
Danica is my favorite, but I don't have GAC, so I am sad.

It's been posted on YouTube. The beginning credits are missing, and about two minutes of the scene where the leads are dancing the sound is muted, due to YouTube's copyright clause of needing to pay for music that has been copyrighted. Otherwise the music gets muted. But the whole movie is otherwise all there.

I really enjoyed Haul Out The Holly. Cute, an assortment of characters, and the plotting behind their backs was fun. I agree about the comments made regarding Melissa Peterman. Spot on.

Watched the first 45 minutes of #Xmas, so don't know how it ended. What I saw was ok, but not sure if I'f watch again. I'm not fond of deception storylines. Or whiny women who lack self-confidence. If I wanted to watch that I'd record myself, lol.

Watched a portion of Cookie Catastrophe and felt that it reminded me of another movie, but can't think of which one.
--Perhaps the Kismet cookies one where the recipe is torn up, or Merry and Bright where the guy comes to save the candy cane company?

In non-Christmas movies, it looks like we're going to get a second Wedding Veil trilogy this winter/spring.

I really enjoyed Haul Out The Holly. Cute, an assortment of characters, and the plotting behind their backs was fun. I agree about the comments made regarding Melissa Peterman. Spot on.

Watched the first 45 minutes of #Xmas, so don't know how it ended. What I saw was ok, but not sure if I'f watch again. I'm not fond of deception storylines. Or whiny women who lack self-confidence. If I wanted to watch that I'd record myself, lol.

Watched a portion of Cookie Catastrophe and felt that it reminded me of another movie, but can't think of which one.
--Perhaps the Kismet cookies one where the recipe is torn up, or Merry and Bright where the guy comes to save the candy cane company?

In non-Christmas movies, it looks like we're going to get a second Wedding Veil trilogy this winter/spring.
I started Haul Out The Holly, but I gave up since all it did was make want to watch this movie again:

We don't usually have it, either. Our DISH system only has GA Living (on the tier we're on), but we're getting a free preview during this time of year. Probably to convince us to purchase the extra channels to include it year round.

Watching “Time for Him to Come Home for Christmas.”
I watched that today, also. I thought it was OK, not really bad, but, too much "I was there at the same time!" from all the characters, but not interacting. But the audience knows how many time they crossed paths and keeping it all straight who was looking for who.

Also watched "Our Italian Christmas Memories". I thought it handled the Alzheimer's issue very well. Sad? Yes, but also hopeful.

So far the best ones this year have been: All Saints Christmas, Three Wise Men and a Baby, and Ghosts of Christmas Always. Any other standouts for you guys?
Haven't seen All Saints, but liked the other two!

It's one of those plots based on deception, that I am never fond of.
I don't tend to like those ones as well either.

Late Reminder: (I'm sure all of you pretty much have your DVRs set already for the movies you are interested in. ;) )
I actually just set the re-air in my DVR for the The Holiday Spectacular, so thanks!

There is a Netflix movie with Justin Hartley called The Noel Diary. Although it’s not a Hallmark-type Christmas movie, it is really worth watching. Although I can’t remember the name of the actress, she is wonderful in the movie and they have great chemistry together.
Watched that last night, and loved it!!

🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 + /5

Same.

It's been posted on YouTube. The beginning credits are missing, and about two minutes of the scene where the leads are dancing the sound is muted, due to YouTube's copyright clause of needing to pay for music that has been copyrighted. Otherwise the music gets muted. But the whole movie is otherwise all there.

Oh! - Thanks!

Excellent! I enjoyed those.

Other one I've watched since my last post is A Tiny Home Christmas-

🎄🎄🎄+ /5

"Honest Fluff" as a Christmas movie, with a big plus because I love the idea of actually building tiny home villages like that! I hope real cities run with the idea.

A Holiday Spectacular. I thought it was very well done. I could have done without the present day character reminiscing parts, though. I didn't think they really added anything to the story. Except to show off another older actress with a "name". Speaking of which, why is Eve Plumb listed as being in this on Imdb? I must have missed her.

Anyway, I loved the dance numbers and the backstage family/friendships portrayed in this film.
I loved this movie! Just watched it last night. :)

Eve Plumb was listed as Harriet. I’m thinking that was the lady who took care of the building, enforced curfews and didn’t allow men in. But I’m not sure.

I've been AWOL from posting for a while here, sorry about that. As always thank you all so much for keeping this thread going with much cheer!

I watched the end of Home for Christmas Day this morning. I had watched this last year, at least in part, and enjoyed what I saw of it again today. Sad but sweet story of hope featuring a about a young serviceman finding love with a small-town girl. It's also a story of the girl's mother opening her heart back up to love, as well so that brought extra meaning to the movie as the mother/daughter grew together and also towards choosing more joy in their lives.

Wishing all of you joy in this Wednesday!

I'm Glad It's Christmas (also called Someday At Christmas). Pretty good, but I wish the Holly character wasn't so wishy-washy about whether she wanted to be a singer or not.

I don't know who the actress was playing Cassandra Rodgers, but I liked her (small) part.

Haven't seen All Saints, but liked the other two!

I don't tend to like those ones as well either.

I actually just set the re-air in my DVR for the The Holiday Spectacular, so thanks!

Watched that last night, and loved it!!

🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 + /5

Same.

Oh! - Thanks!

Excellent! I enjoyed those.

Other one I've watched since my last post is A Tiny Home Christmas-

🎄🎄🎄+ /5

"Honest Fluff" as a Christmas movie, with a big plus because I love the idea of actually building tiny home villages like that! I hope real cities run with the idea.
Thanks for the suggestions. Merry Christmas!🤶🏻🎄

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries: Long Lost Christmas
Starring:
Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.
Description: A woman hoping to reunite her mother with a long-lost sibling for the holidays ends up falling for a local, but soon learns that concealing her true identity has complicated everything.

I watched Long Lost Christmas. It's okay. It's another movie with a deception. I've stated other times, I don't care for these. Yet, this one isn't as bad as others. The female lead happens upon an old photo and finds out her mom has a long lost brother. After some Internet sleuthing, she narrows down the likely candidates. One man is close enough nearby, that she goes in person to find out if it's him. She doesn't feel it's right to just call out of the blue and ask if he has a long lost sister. And when she arrives, she feels the same in person. So, she tries instead, to subtly ask questions about his past.

Yet, the man is rather private, especially with strangers, and isn't forthcoming about his past. He tends to keep her at a distance, so they don't develop a close (uncle/niece) relationship in which once the deception is found out could be really hurtful. Which is why this deception isn't as bad as some of the other deception movies Taylor Cole has been in.

Using @PollyannaMom's 🎄rating system, I give this one: 🎄🎄🎄 out of 5 trees. It's okay, but was a once and done type movie for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter