Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix

WOW your training steps jump quickly.. a 2 to a 4 mile run in 5 days! That is no joke!!!

You DH's pic of Mt. Ranier are awesome! How long does it take to climb to the summit? Does he climb all the time? I would love to do this someday.:goodvibes

actually its week 2 - I've been putzin around for quite some time - a 2 mile here rest 3 miles rest 2 miles - rest rest rest rest 2 miles rest rest rest rest rest... so dh is helping me to achieve my goal of 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 20 min -

Mt Ranier is dangerous!! Its a serious mountain - people die up there! (this year With his group of 8 I think only 3 made it to the summit - he was one of them, but it took a lot out of him, and he had to do some serious reflection when the others kept dropping out... He needed an ice pik, and ice gribber shoe thingys - he's also not a fan of heights - he only rode roller coasters because I love them!! He did Tower of Terror jan '08 and said never again!! :rotfl2: but he wants to climb Mt Ranier again!! :confused3

he reads a message board for climbers - and reads all the mountain books - the stories of people who climb mountains - so I would suggest you NOT read those books, that's how this all started for him!! Into Thin Air, No Shortcuts to the Top, Touching the Void - are ones I do remember..

ewww that's just not right - the WISH team has a saying for Goofy people - a club name - YARC (Y'all Aint Right Club) :rotfl2:

this is a YARC moment!!

:rotfl2:

OMG 2 great new acronmyms in one week? I love it. CRAFT and YARC.

You are absolutely correct

YARC.

Now, on a another subject. I won't run with you. I won't even THINK about running. But I can support one aspect of your training.

The dern ball.

Your comments about the dern ball had me 1) cracking up and then 2) thinking about just how long it had been since I used that thing.

And so, today, in your honor, I did

ball squats and ball crunches.

Now there is support

:banana: exercise!! Its all in the attitude!!

*sigh!

I have read rumours - the rumors say that the 180 adr time frame could open up Sept 27 - next Sunday - this makes perfect sense to me, as they had all kinds of meltdowns when they opened up BLT and THV all on the same day! It would be a "soft opening"

my 90 day adr is Oct 4....

another rumor is Crystal Palace will be refurbished in Jan /Feb...

I just convinced an online friend (from another forum) to join us - :woohoo: She is a sweet friend from LA - she has been going thru a HUGE change, her love of her life, her best friend, passed away recently - he would drive their camper to Fort Wilderness.... she needs new fun memories of the Happiest Place -

so we know we need to make a ressie for Grand Floridian's High tea...

Boma? maybe... if only they hadnt changed... last time boma was wonderful - all that has changed...

:banana: exercise!! Its all in the attitude!!

*sigh!

I have read rumours - the rumors say that the 180 adr time frame could open up Sept 27 - next Sunday - this makes perfect sense to me, as they had all kinds of meltdowns when they opened up BLT and THV all on the same day! It would be a "soft opening"

I just convinced an online friend (from another forum) to join us - :woohoo: She is a sweet friend from LA - she has been going thru a HUGE change, her love of her life, her best friend, passed away recently - he would drive their camper to Fort Wilderness.... she needs new fun memories of the Happiest Place -

so we know we need to make a ressie for Grand Floridian's High tea...

Boma? maybe... if only they hadnt changed... last time boma was wonderful - all that has changed...

I need to go and check out these rumors of yours... my 90 day is 10/10. I'm sure it's posted in this thread - but what day are you arriving again? I'm not coming down until the Friday before the race.

That's really sweet of you to get your friend out to Disney to create new memories. The passing of a loved one is so hard.

What's changed about Boma? How is the training going? Wait- today was your rest day right? You have 30 minutes of cross-training tomorrow? I'm running 4 miles in the morning followed by 4 miles of walking. I have no idea how many miles I'll be able to run for the marathon. I'm hoping to train up to anywhere from 12-15 miles fully running and then incorporate a 60 second power walk into each mile after. I doubt that I'll be in good enough shape to 100% run the 26.2 miles. Positive thoughts that neither of us get swept. :scared1: Seeing those pic's of yours (of the sweeper) is rather scary. I have faith in you, you did it in 2008 and I'm positive that you'll do even better this year! :thumbsup2 Oh, if you're looking for something upbeat for your ipod to train (and run) to, I'm finding that The Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling" is a great running song.

Ok peeps....

I am in.

My first training walk with Team in Training is TOMORROW.

I am not officially signed up yet. Let's see if I survive the 4 miles tomorrow.

Have I lost my mind???

This is your fault, Sandy. ::yes:: :) :hug::hug::hug:

Well, Sandy and maroo, I plan to hang out in EPCOT the Saturday of the 1/2 so I'll keep an eye out for you guys and cheer you on. What exactly is the route for the 1/2? Does it go back through EPCOT at the end (like the full) before you finish?

Ok peeps....

I am in.

Have I lost my mind???

you have seriously brought tears to my eyes!!

You may ONLY join team in training if you mention your health issues! (*best mom voice) YOU must be prepared - 1/2 banana, water, lemonade....

do this right - its for YOU!! :goodvibes

Well, Sandy and maroo, I plan to hang out in EPCOT the Saturday of the 1/2 so I'll keep an eye out for you guys and cheer you on. What exactly is the route for the 1/2? Does it go back through EPCOT at the end (like the full) before you finish?

Dolce - are you signed up for the marathon ? :worship: Do post on Wish comp board - do plan on joining the DIS WISH team on Friday at Pop for the Pic and carb loading!

I'm arriving on Jan 7 - Thurs - I may have my 90 off - I was guessing when I posted :rolleyes1 I'm at 110 days right now - I have a widget on the mac book that tells me when we arrive...

The rumours are just that rumors- but as a Scout - I MUST BE PREPARED!

Boma Changes - I have been following the restaurant board - and a poster that visits boma a couple of times a month posted several specific changes - no more prime rib - a dried out piece of sirloin - the soups have changed - the desserts have changed... sad.....

I'll look for her report tomorrow and I'll post the specifics - I suffer from CRS!!

Which Running Training Schedule are you following? I'm following a 16 week program to the Half - DH follows Hal Higdon - which he was more into "running" and strength training ...

My problem is the Half is just a "day in the parks" :sad2: That marathon - that is some serious work!! I do know if you go to the WISH board - that there are some wonderful wish'ers that did walk that distance!!

Thanks for the Black Eyed Peas suggestion :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2That's just what I'm looking for!!

and the Half does finish in Epcot - but we run down the overpass thingy into the parking lot - by the bus stop bathrooms - in Epcot thru the CM entrance - and out and up to the World Showcase then we turn and go back down towards Guest Services at the restrooms take a right into the staging area -

I have to post the Gospel Choir that stands there!! :cloud9:

TOGETHER - WE CAN!! :wizard::goodvibes:goodvibes

Dolce - are you signed up for the marathon ? :worship: Do post on Wish comp board - do plan on joining the DIS WISH team on Friday at Pop for the Pic and carb loading!

I'm arriving on Jan 7 - Thurs - I may have my 90 off - I was guessing when I posted :rolleyes1 I'm at 110 days right now - I have a widget on the mac book that tells me when we arrive...

The rumours are just that rumors- but as a Scout - I MUST BE PREPARED!

Boma Changes - I have been following the restaurant board - and a poster that visits boma a couple of times a month posted several specific changes - no more prime rib - a dried out piece of sirloin - the soups have changed - the desserts have changed... sad.....

I'll look for her report tomorrow and I'll post the specifics - I suffer from CRS!!

Which Running Training Schedule are you following? I'm following a 16 week program to the Half - DH follows Hal Higdon - which he was more into "running" and strength training ...

My problem is the Half is just a "day in the parks" :sad2: That marathon - that is some serious work!! I do know if you go to the WISH board - that there are some wonderful wish'ers that did walk that distance!!

Thanks for the Black Eyed Peas suggestion :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2That's just what I'm looking for!!

and the Half does finish in Epcot - but we run down the overpass thingy into the parking lot - by the bus stop bathrooms - in Epcot thru the CM entrance - and out and up to the World Showcase then we turn and go back down towards Guest Services at the restrooms take a right into the staging area -

I have to post the Gospel Choir that stands there!! :cloud9:

TOGETHER - WE CAN!! :wizard::goodvibes:goodvibes

Yup, I'm signed up for my first marathon on 01/10. Even though I'll be in EPCOT on 01/09, I'll be taking it very easy since I'll be running 26 miles the next day. So, I'll probably be hanging out a lot and cheering on those completing the 1/2 that morning. I'm beginning a 16 week training program on Monday (can you believe that we're 16 weeks out until marathon week-end!! :scared1:) I've been in pre-training for the past 5 - 6 weeks. I'm currently running 4 days/week with a sound 3-4 miles/run as my base. I'm also doubling my milage each session with walking. So, if I'm running 3 miles that day, I walk another 3 miles for a total of 6 miles. If I run 4 miles that day, I follow it with 4 miles power walking for a total of 8 miles. You use different muscles to walk with than to run so I'm working to strengthen both muscles. I'm working to a training schedule that I found on a marathon training website online. No big name thing - I think it's a pretty basic marathon training schedule.

Sandy.. I read the same thing at the beginning of the week. It was from a CM who said the work schedules were posted and starting 9/27 there were double the amount of CMs on than normal????:confused3

It would be nice to know since I have to make ADRs for March.
Ok peeps....

I am in.

Have I lost my mind???

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

Maroo... you are getting nuts! So does this mean you will be in Disney in January?:confused3:scratchin:scratchin:wave2:

Dolce no big deal - training for a marathon :faint: There's a walker group on events and comp - and I'm serious - join the WISH team - come Friday Jan 8 to Pop Century - its a DIS WISH Meet!!! and a pasta dinner!! At Pop you order what you want! Its such a sharing, giving group!

For the Half The Scream Team meets up on Main Street to cheer the WISH'ers on - then they head over by monorail to EPCOT - and hang out in the parking lot by the mile marker 12 - or there is a group inside by the walkway to World Showcase -

by joining the scream teamers you have someone to talk to before your race - someone that is also going to be racing the next day!!

For the Full - I get to MK and cheer on mainstreet - run up to the castle cheer DH, run to the monarail and get to Epcot then go to BCV by the SAB bridge - cheer there - then head over to epcot and wait for dh to come by there!! :wizard:

All this talk about marathons and running makes me very tired!! Just thinking about it... I'm not sure I could even complete 13 miles, although, I think I heard once that that's about how far you'd walk in a day at the parks. But I guess that doesn't count cuz, that's spread out over like 10 hours or something.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with your persistance!!

Go, girl!!

Yeah...and I have been trying to call for two days to tell you my idea........

:idea:

And... let's just say it involves YOU doing a half. :surfweb: Yes...You...Liesa.

So...get well and call me! (How do you like this...buried in someone else's pretrippie.)

and thank you for the encouragement to me!:goodvibes I don't have a tread mill, I walk at different walking tracks near me. I have recently realized that I need to add strength training in also. DS has a weight bench that I am going to try to figure out how to use.

Thanks Maroo
Yes, we will miss you. Maybe for 2011 you will join us?:thumbsup2

How about 2010??

Thanks for the tips Sandy. Yes, I will be careful on the weight bench. I am going to give your exercises a try. Great job on the exercise. What keeps me going? Yes, I used to get bored at first and wondered how I was ever going to make it. On days by myself, I now use DS' Ipod. Jimmy Buffett music has a great beat and works for my pace. On days when I walk with a friend, well, let's just say she keeps the conversation going.:thumbsup2 (She talks a lot) and I'm kind of quiet.

I too was very sad over Patrick's passing. He was a great actor. I still watch Dirty Dancing. :love:

I can't talk and walk at the same time. I was slow today because we were walking and talking! :)

Aww... bless you for being there for her. So...is she one of us slow peeps?

you have seriously brought tears to my eyes!!

You may ONLY join team in training if you mention your health issues! (*best mom voice) YOU must be prepared - 1/2 banana, water, lemonade....

do this right - its for YOU!! :goodvibes

I will, I promise! :)

:surfweb: See my coffee cup is moving....

:rotfl:

I don't even know what that means. But I laughed!

Sandy.. I read the same thing at the beginning of the week. It was from a CM who said the work schedules were posted and starting 9/27 there were double the amount of CMs on than normal????:confused3

It would be nice to know since I have to make ADRs for March.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

Maroo... you are getting nuts! So does this mean you will be in Disney in January?:confused3:scratchin:scratchin:wave2:

They would be SMART to start it under the radar...

Otherwise...making 3 months of ressies in ONE DAY.... Not my idea of a good time.

Gosh Maroo - you're hard to keep up with!! :cloud9:

Did you notice I reworded my first 3 posts! They make much more sense :sad2: I think anyway!

My Louisana friend is a slow peep - I will be the Fast Pass runner, and dh and dd will be delighted to have someone they can keep up with! ;) Something about Disney, I just cant slow down!! Dh and dd try to slow me down! Signing up for a tour helps too! her board name is Happy Camper (she isnt on disboards - its another disney board) I feel so blessed she is coming and is joining us! :goodvibes

(Mind shift - I highly recommend the Mickey's Magical Milestone Tour for $25 you get a wealth of info, a "fast pass" to see Mickey and Minnie in Toontown - since they are obliterating Toon Town and Mickey's house - get it while you can! PLUS you get FP to Philharmagic PLUS a "secret" present worth $12 (truly priceless, because you could buy it for $12, but not the special :wizard: they put on it!)

:surfweb: this is Leisa idea of exercise - lifting her coffee mug and putting it down, lift up, set down.... :rotfl: Leisa drop down and give me 20!!

They did 3 months of ressies (or more) when they opened up the THV and BLT for ressies - it was a nightmare!

I also cant walk and talk the same time - I wog, cant do that and talk - DIL was my coach in '08 she is a great motivator... but she talks too dern much!! :rotfl2: I just dont answer her...

DH bought me croc flops!! :cool1: The online had b1g1 free, but it ended, our mall store still has that deal... sad that the men's sizes dont come in PINK colors... :sad2: and my foot is too big for the women's sizes :sad: I'm an 11! dern crocs.

I was supposed to exercise 30 min today - dressed and ready to... I dont feel good... dh took me shopping... and now its too late! (I'm so good with excuses y'all!)

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Block the Negative

Be aware of negative thoughts creeping into your mind. When you catch them, stop them cold in their tracks by telling yourself the opposite. For instance, if you catch yourself thinking you are tired during a run, tell yourself several times, with emphasis, that you feel great or feel strong. Do the same for any pain during a run. By telling yourself the opposite, you are diverting your focus from the negative to the positive.

Over the course of training, you may find yourself lacking motivation at some point. This is very common. Maybe you get discouraged because unexpected events have caused you to miss a run, a few runs, or even a week or more of runs. Maybe something in your life diverts your focus from training and your goal. Whatever the case, do not let it stop you from achieving your goal!

There is a right way and a wrong way to train for a marathon. Below is a list of Top 10 Rookie Mistakes commonly made when training for a first marathon or half marathon.

Top Ten Rookie Mistakes:

#10 Understimate Stretching

#9 Lack of Support

#8 Lack of Belief

#7 Motivation

#6 Wrong Goal

#5 Wrong Training Program

#4 Starting too Fast

#3 Lack of Knowledge

#2 Hydration

#1 Injury

#10 Underestimate Stretching​

Many beginning runners finish a run and neglect to stretch enough or even at all. They then find themselves tight and sore and eventually with a running injury. Do not neglect the importance of stretching! Stretch within 15 minutes after every run and take your time. As you progress through training, add a few seconds to each stretch and build up to 20 seconds or more per stretch. Benefits will include less soreness, greater flexibility, longer stride, and much more. Do not underestimate the importance of stretching.

#9 Lack of Support

Many runners do not share there goal with their friends, family, or co-workers. Why not? Afraid of what they might say? Afraid you will tell them and then fail to achieve your goal? If so, that’s all the more reason to tell them! It will give you lots of extra (and needed) motivation. Fear can often be the most powerful form of motivation. Use it! They should be supportive of you. All you have to do is tell them you are training for a marathon or half marathon.

Do not feel compelled to keep them updated on your progress though. Unless they are a runner, they simply will not understand. Think of that friend or co-worker who insists on telling you about every shot they had yesterday playing 18 holes of golf. Do you really care to hear about it? I don’t! Still, tell them early on that you have decided to run a marathon or half marathon. It will work in your favor.

#8 Lack of Belief

Often, a beginning runner will start training and have a very difficult time completing their first 5-mile run. They don’t see how they can possibly run more than that, much less 13.1 or 26.2. They stop right there. Done. Finished. They CAN do it, but they can’t because they don’t think they can. Did that make sense?

“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
- Henry Ford
Choose to believe you can!

#7 Motivation

There are lots of things that can (and will) come up during training that can cause you to lose motivation. It is very likely that you will miss a run or more due to circumstances that come with life. Whether it is bad weather, illness, working late, mild injury, or whatever, NEVER lose sight of your goal and choose to see the situation as positive. Remind yourself of the feeling you will have when you achieve your goal. Do not lose motivation.

#6 Wrong Goal

Many first time runners naturally think they should set a marathon finish time goal. This is not the case. Your goal for your first marathon or half marathon should simply be to finish. If you push yourself too much, you are dramatically increasing the likelihood of injury and not even seeing the starting line. Set a time goal for your next marathon or half marathon. This may sound strange, but it is quite wise. Be smart and set the right goals.

#5 Wrong Training Program

This really relates to goal-setting. Many runners follow a program of greater difficulty because they want to achieve a certain time. Then they fall victim to injury or just can’t handle the program so they quit. Choose the right program for YOU!

#4 Starting Too Fast

Many runners begin their training and feel they can run more than the scheduled training. What do they do? They go the extra mile (or more). Sure, we were all taught to "go the extra mile" while growing up, but don’t take it literally! In any training program, there is a reason for gradually increasing mileage each week. If you feel really strong when you begin training and want to run more, PLEASE resist the temptation. By going the extra mile, you are substantially increasing the likelihood of injury. Stay with the program. Believe in yourself and the program. Achieve your goal!

#3 Lack of Knowledge

Many beginning runners decide they want to run a marathon or half marathon and just start running. No homework, no schedule, no advice, no nothing. They just start running because they think they simply need to get in shape to start training and then they will figure out the rest. In 2001, I fell victim to this one! I decided I was going to run a 26.2-mile marathon. I just started running to get into shape. One mile, two miles, three miles…I was a natural! Week 3 came along and, after running three miles, I decided I could double it and then ran six miles. The next week, I blew my knee out and was done before I even started training. While I must admit I am embarrassed to share this failure with you, I am glad to do so if you will learn from it. I’ve held up my end of the bargain! Will you do yours? Do not fail because of ignorance like I did in my first attempt. Educate yourself on training as much as you can before you begin training. If you are reading this, you are already on your way to beating the #3 mistake! Give yourself a pat on the back.

#2 Hydration

Many runners suffer from dehydration because they underestimate how much water their body needs during training. Drink during your long runs. ALWAYS weigh yourself before and after a run and get your body weight back to what it was before the run. Do this by drinking plenty of water. Your urine should be light yellow to clear. Dark yellow means you are not adequately hydrated and need to drink more water. Be smart and stay hydrated! Stay away from the hospital! Cross the finish line!

#1 Injury

Many beginning runners make the mistake of piling on mileage much too fast. Maybe they started training without even building up a base during pre-training! They notice soreness in their shins or knees and ignore it. They keep running and BAM!, it hits them. They’re done. Game Over. Be aware of the warning signs and how to treat them. Be aware that injuries can sneak up on you with NO warning. Be smart and start easy. GRADUALLY build up and take your rest days seriously. Remember how many of the other Top 10 Rookie Mistakes lead to injury. Do not let injury keep you from achieving your goal.

Everyone going to Marathon Weekend - PLEASE consider buying a $10 WISH disboard hat or visor -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2255239

it will identify you - people will cheer and scream for you when you have the hat on -

and they need to place 10 more orders! 8 - dh will order us a new hat I think!

And consider volunteering:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158497

read about the other Dis'ers that are volunteering - Water stop 7 is near the Polynesian and at a time when you can catch the monarail to the stop! (I forgot that detail and signed up for water stop 2!) What do you get for volunteering? A one day ticket as well as a nylon jacket!!

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....il?name=VolunteerWDWMarathonWeekendDetailPage

As published last year...
Water Stop #7 shift is from 4am to 10am
Water Stop #11 shift is from 5am to 10:30am. We finished this shift at 9:45 and were back in the parking lot by about 10:00am.
As a Sports Enthusiast for the 2010 WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon, you will receive one commemorative piece of apparel for the event (apparel sizes are not guaranteed), and one snack per shift (snacks are typically provided at the start of your shift. If you have special dietary needs, please plan accordingly.) Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choice of one of the following theme parks: Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.

Sports Enthusiasts who volunteer at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Marathon and also volunteer at Disney's Health & Fitness Expo will receive a complimentary Walt Disney World® One Day One Park water park ticket which entitles you to one visit to either Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Water park tickets will be distributed by mail within thirty days upon completion of required shifts.

and all there is to "joining" or "belonging " to the WISH team is to say "hi" on this thread:

Month of September - WISH Team Walkers and Runners
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2272855
copy/paste Post 1:

Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything.You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

Sandy, I really enjoy your updates. You seem like a really nice person and you're helping me to stay motivated for my race. You've found some great advice to post and you're so encouraging! :goodvibes I'm training solo and have zero support. No one I know is crazy enough to want to run a 1/2 marathon - much less a full marathon like I'm doing. So, they don't understand my training or how dedicated I have to be to this sport. I haven't decided to join the WISH team yet but I'll keep lurking over there and will consider it.

The list that you posted below, the 10 Rookie Mistakes, is a good list. I think that I've seen that before. Fortunately, I've done my homework on marathons, I'm working to a training schedule for my level, and I always stretch after my runs - I'm very paranoid about injury :scared:

#7 Motivation is a big thing. A lot of this running - either for the 1/2 or the full is mental. I just began running 6 weeks ago. Today I ran 4 miles in less than 40 minutes (less than a 10 minute/mile pace) and could have kept going! The only reason that I didn't, my body isn't used to pounding on cement yet (I run outdoors) and I would have put my body at risk for injury. I have to build my milage because of this. But, I easily could have run 6 miles (maybe more) today as I was feeling that good and was actually sad in the last 1/4 mile before I had to stop. I didn't want to stop running. Ask me even 3 weeks ago and I would have NEVER believed that I could have accomplished 4 miles outdoors.

I see that you had a rough day as for your training (and apparently finding pink croc's! I'm sorry that they don't make them pink in your size :hug:) Were you sick or just not "feeling it" for the training? I've had a couple of bad runs so far in my training. One run, and it was only two miles, I barely pulled through. My legs felt like led and I had to 100% concentrate on picking up my feet and setting them down. But I refused to quit running until my 2 miles was over. The next day - my run was just fine. No problems at all.

One thing that helps to motivate me: I picture myself standing at the Start line on Jan 10 and know that I have 26.2 miles to run before I can quit that day. I picture myself mentally thinking back to all of the times that I missed a training session not because I was sick or injured, but only because I didn't feel like it. Then I picture myself mentally kicking myself for not making those training sessions as I now have 26 miles to run!

I don't know if mentally picturing this will help you on those "blah" days that you really don't want to train, but it helps me to go out and do it. Once I start - I'm usually fine. But good luck with your training program. I look forward to reading more of your updates as you progress. You go girl! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!