Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix

You can't even imagine how glad we are to have you back amongst our ranks, Sandy!!!1 :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Ireland sounds dreamy! That's one country I've never been to!

I am so not worthy!!

SANDY!!!!! Welcome back!!!!!:banana::banana:

Yay on getting a 'new' computer!!!!:woohoo:

Ireland sounds like a great trip!!!! :goodvibes

right now its still a "dream away"!!

Sandy, my hero has returned:yay::woohoo:;) So it wasn't quite clear. Are you going Goofy?:eek:

you are too kind!! Goofy? :rotfl2: :faint:
That would be Goofy for DH!!

I still have that goal of 20# less, and a few minutes faster!! I could actually finish with people behind me!! :goodvibes

so our Jan '11 marathon trip would be just a quick long weekend - and one of the lessons I thought we learned, dont bring DD!! She moaned and groaned waiting around for us because of all the marathon rituals!

DH just said we have to ask dd - who would watch her?

I'm hoping we can stay at Bay Lake Tower!! But :confused3... right now flights would be $260 RT (a RT airfare to Ireland is $800 btw!!)

Since Airfare to Florida for a Spring Break trip was out of the question - we did one of those "stay cations" I took DD and her girlfriend to Chicago! We went to Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute, and up to the 95th floor of the John Hancock for cocktails, and dessert - but the true highlight was the 103'rd floor of the Sears... *ahem Willus Tower (Sears moved out of the building Willus moved in!)

IMG_3653.jpg

you have to love kids that prefer the Art Institute to shopping!!

They now have this "bump out" window thingy - and it is truly freaky to stand out over the street!!

thIMG_3632-1.jpg

They referred to this church as Harry Potter-esque
IMG_3589.jpg

(I'm in the back - the tall one!) DD took this picture from the other bump out...

I thought I uploaded her shoe picture!!

funny how some photobucket pictures post so tiny!

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

see what I mean?

freaky!

and now you can see me - the tall one in the back - last picture!! I wasnt ok first stepping out on the ledge - but I got better only because I wanted to take pictures of the girls!! Cant miss a photo op!! LOL

I am deathly afraid of heights!! That would never do for me- EVER! :scared1:

I like art museums too! Yes, even over shopping. And cocktails afterwards. NOW we're talking!! :thumbsup2 YOu really know how to roust out a great day! :wizard:

you can get wine at the Art Institute!! They have a great food court area - a nice pizza oven, sandwiches, grilled food...

I updated with some pictures my Trip Report - and thought I'd include the picture of DH and my puppy!! All worn out!!

IMG_0106.jpg

Welcome back, Sandy!! :banana:

I'm already signed up for the Mickey and will be staying at the BWI marathon week-end. I'm still not fully running (although I did 2 miles on Sunday). I'm still injured with my IT band. :sad2: I honestly don't know if I'll be able to fully run the 2011 marathon like I want to.

Your trip pic's look great! I need go there.

:yay: Sandy's back. Love the pics, but you would never get me on the ledge either. :sad2:

Well, forget my post on the other tread, you already got what I thought they could get you for Mother's Day. :yay: for DH's job. I remember you were a bit concerned about the funding for it. Is everything okay so far?

Had me a little worried too about the Jan 11. Glad you are still considering to go. (I hope you do, I hope you do.) :goodvibes Your DD is a darling, (other than wanting to skip Disney:scared1:) I can't imagine you would have too much trouble finding someone for her to stay with for a weekend.

I have signed up for the 1/2. Come on Sandy, you sign up too. We'll use some Tough Love on you if we need to. :mad::love: (this is the closet I could come to the correct smilie)

BLT would be perfect to stay at with the monorails and all, but I have to go Value this go around, so it's Pop for me.

Wooohooo; so glad you are back Sandy. What a precious puppy. Congrats on hubby's job. Congrats to your DS, what an accomplishment.

We are planning on signing up for the Half and dh the Goofy...

its just a matter of timing - coming up with the money... devil is in the details!

DD is 13... and she is driving us crazy! She is too smart for her own good - so she gets bad grades ON PURPOSE - "I dont like the teacher" :sad2: So if anyone knows how to give a 13 year old A CLUE... please let me know!

The funding for NASA is still murky. Its one day at a time. Obama hasnt passed the budget so its anyone's guess at this point. Its interesting to listen to some of the presentations about the best and brightest working for NASA dreaming of NASA... and now Obama wants to outsource NASA jobs? :scared1: Do you want the best and brightest working on the electrical system, or do you want the cheapest work? (over seas)

DD is 13... and she is driving us crazy! She is too smart for her own good - so she gets bad grades ON PURPOSE - "I dont like the teacher" So if anyone knows how to give a 13 year old A CLUE... please let me know!

I make admissions decisions for our department. I would be happy to explain that freshmen year grades can keep you out of a competitive college. Also, we tend to turn away students with high ACT scores and low grades because it looks like the student didn't apply him/herself. We want the total package - good application essays, solid grades, AP/honors courses (when available), consistent involvement for 4 years, and good ACT scores.

You would think the US Govt would go with more of a "Made in the USA" sort of mindset, huh? :confused3

The funding for NASA is still murky. Its one day at a time. Obama hasnt passed the budget so its anyone's guess at this point. Its interesting to listen to some of the presentations about the best and brightest working for NASA dreaming of NASA... and now Obama wants to outsource NASA jobs? :scared1: Do you want the best and brightest working on the electrical system, or do you want the cheapest work? (over seas)
I don't think he gets it. :confused3 IMHO he is just trying to find $$ to fund other programs.

You would think the US Govt would go with more of a "Made in the USA" sort of mindset, huh? :confused3
You would think........

As for DD, I did the same thing....Got tired of people making fun of me, calling me a nerd, getting mad cause I messed up the grade curve, being the only one in the class exempt from an exam made it way worse. As for the teachers, yeah, I can relate. Had coaches who couldn't teach yet had to. Hated it and I almost failed two classes cause I refused to do the work cause they couldn't teach it. I was frustrated and didn't know how to handle it. Yes, it hurt me in the long run, but I couldn't see it that at the time. :sad2:

For DS15, (15 today!:scared1:) who brought home a bad report card two weeks ago we took away the thing that would hurt the most. He can't go to the fire department or respond to any calls until the end of school and we see the next report card. If he hasn't improved significantly, it is going to be a very long summer for him.

I'm sorry that you're having so many problems with your daughter. :(

An Ireland trip sounds awesome! Can you threaten to take away the Ireland trip if she doesn't straighten up?

Now that is something to hold over her head. :thumbsup2
bare with me I'm on an iPhone

eeyore thanks for sharing Problem w dd she won't join anything mainly due to "consequences"

she fried the laptop so once again no computer and this isn't a good way for me... I talk to much so the iPhone way is too frustrating!

Hope dh can fix things this weekend

Dolce hope you're feeling better how frustrating! My knees are aching

Trust me: I know about trying to type on this messageboard with an Iphone. :headache: Hope that the laptop gets fixed soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter