Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix

Awww! :grouphug:

I don't know about you...but I figure each of us can walk with Jesus at our own pace! :thumbsup2

If I can just get BETTER...then I can look into getting my booty in gear!

I know - it was just one of those "moments"... all the walkers were passing me, and I'm doing my bestest "wogging" along... and I had kept in front of these 2 ladies that were talking.... then they got in front of me (said they loved my shirt - the WISH shirt - I read their shirt, and with my faith, I thought "aha" I can keep "Jesus" in front of me... then when I started to fall behind, the thought in my head... I cant keep up with Jesus... I had my phone and think I called dh - he helped talk me out of that bleak thought!

I can't wait to hear all about your training. I'm contemplating running the Princess Marathon in March, but am a bit paranoid about being swept. I'm really, really slow! :)

Its a mind game for sure... I think the Princess Marathon is a good goal!! :goodvibes It definately is a motivating factor - those dern bikes...

IMG_4030.jpg

Here's a picture of "the SWEEPER" They ride ahead to the next mile mark from point mile 6 or 7 when you leave MK as you run down the back road to the Polynesian - it used to be they wouldnt sweep after mile 10

HalfMarathonbridgepastmile10.jpg

THis is Jeff's picture at MIle 10 - look the runners are on top of the over pass heading towards EPCOT (its 2 miles to epcot btw!) below this "pass" Disney pulls a bus across the road at the time of 16 min per mile (there is a pacer, once he goes by with his huge sign - that's the signal) everyone after this point is "swept" into the bus and taken to EPCOT finish line...

there are a couple of sweep points before this as well - because they have to open the roads...

Do sign on over on the WISH board - they keep you company!! :goodvibes

Hi Sandy
Your last marathon trip report was one I read before I decided to do the one in 2010. Maroo sent me to it. Great trip report by the way. I will be there in 2010. I don't run, but walk and I have been training for this since March. Thanks for posting all the tips. Seems I am doing some of it right. I am up to 7.5 miles at 14.25 per minute.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Lisa

I dont "run" either.. I move in between a jog and a walk - "wog"

There are many walkers along the route.... the first mile is amazing - sometime after that people start spreading out - and there are "pacers" holding signs with pace times -

You are doing a lot right!! :goodvibes:wizard:

are you on a treadmill? Have you added any strength training to your routine?

Thanks for encouraging me!!

Hi Sandy
Your last marathon trip report was one I read before I decided to do the one in 2010. Maroo sent me to it. Great trip report by the way. I will be there in 2010. I don't run, but walk and I have been training for this since March. Thanks for posting all the tips. Seems I am doing some of it right. I am up to 7.5 miles at 14.25 per minute.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Lisa

Awesome job, Lisa!!!

I really wish I had signed up for the 2010 Half. I really need some motivation. Once I decided not to do it...I lost my motivation!

I need to get it back!

Awesome job, Sandy!!

All this talk about marathons and running makes me very tired!! Just thinking about it... I'm not sure I could even complete 13 miles, although, I think I heard once that that's about how far you'd walk in a day at the parks. But I guess that doesn't count cuz, that's spread out over like 10 hours or something.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with your persistance!!

Go, girl!!

I dont "run" either.. I move in between a jog and a walk - "wog"

There are many walkers along the route.... the first mile is amazing - sometime after that people start spreading out - and there are "pacers" holding signs with pace times -

You are doing a lot right!! :goodvibes:wizard:

are you on a treadmill? Have you added any strength training to your routine?

Thanks for encouraging me!!
and thank you for the encouragement to me!:goodvibes I don't have a tread mill, I walk at different walking tracks near me. I have recently realized that I need to add strength training in also. DS has a weight bench that I am going to try to figure out how to use.

Awesome job, Lisa!!!

I really wish I had signed up for the 2010 Half. I really need some motivation. Once I decided not to do it...I lost my motivation!
I need to get it back!

Thanks Maroo
Yes, we will miss you. Maybe for 2011 you will join us?:thumbsup2

All this talk about marathons and running makes me very tired!! Just thinking about it... I'm not sure I could even complete 13 miles, although, I think I heard once that that's about how far you'd walk in a day at the parks. But I guess that doesn't count cuz, that's spread out over like 10 hours or something.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with your persistance!!

Go, girl!!

:rotfl2: Actually that's what made me think I could do it!! I'm kinda cammando - esp if after we have had the first breakfast at Norway (8:30) and that means by the time you pay your bill and head over to Soarin - rope drop has occured - move it, move it, move it - and as you get close walking up that hill to Living in the Land - all those people, move it around them, come on, lets go...

dh and dd just keep me in their sights and... :sad2: well, they do love me!!

:rotfl2: That's why dh said I could do it!

and thank you for the encouragement to me!:goodvibes I don't have a tread mill, I walk at different walking tracks near me. I have recently realized that I need to add strength training in also. DS has a weight bench that I am going to try to figure out how to use.

Thanks Maroo
Yes, we will miss you. Maybe for 2011 you will join us?:thumbsup2

YIKES - already planning 2011!! :scared1:

Be VERY careful on that weight bench! :scared1:

Part of strength training - lunges... push ups :scared1: (seriously I cannot do push ups - so I stand by a wall and push off the wall - its a start!!) and planks - Dr Oz has a great short routine for strength training - You'd think sitting on y our elbows with your legs outstretch (kinda like the push up position) would be no problem!!

Also - stand up - feet shoulder width apart - arms behind you palms up now raise your arms as high as you can and slowly try and touch your thumbs - and back and forth but keep those arms HIGH - Only do 50 of these to begin with - you will be sore tomorrow - but it keeps that under arm flab at bay!! ;)

I know what and how, and WHY - but there just is something lacking in me to get me to just do it!!

How do you get the motivation to just get out there - and STAY out there? I'm done after 15 min... mentally that is!!

Today is a weepy day for me - too much going wrong, too many nightmares coming true... that and Patrick Swayze died - how can you not cry for his losing his battle - for his high school sweetheart - his wife of 39 years?

Well I'm trying to upload an inspirational photo - but I keep getting "operation aborted" :confused3

I MADE IT!! :worship:

I live about a mile and a half from the YMCA - which ds #2 got us a member ship at... so I wogged over - did 1/2 mile on the eliptical, then did the lower leg strength - and my abdominal crunches etc on that dern ball... and then wogged on home!! over 1 hour (just barely, but its the longest I've exercised to date!!)

I have visions of losing 20# by Jan 7.... and dream of it being 30# speaking of dreams, I dreamt I wasnt allowed in WDW last night :confused3 talking about nightmares!! :scared1:

My favorite ipod moments -
UP by Shania Twain
Rockn with the Ryhthm of the ... rain JUDDS
I know where I'm goin .. Judds (doncha wanna come too)
AWESOME GOD

:cool1: DH thinks we can afford to buy our plane tickets tonight!! (We've been checking American, United and Southwest - 1 one way ticket has been anywhere between $500 - $300 to Southwest is $93 one way (the airport for SW is further and would cost at least $150 extra in parking/hotel fees)

today $600 for 3 round trip on American - with our preferred times :cool1:
:worship: the flight and price are still there when dh comes home and can plug in the card to buy! :wizard:

Go to kayak.com or sidestep.com to get a comparison of different flights - except for southwest!! :banana:

Well I'm trying to upload an inspirational photo - but I keep getting "operation aborted" :confused3

I MADE IT!! :worship:

I live about a mile and a half from the YMCA - which ds #2 got us a member ship at... so I wogged over - did 1/2 mile on the eliptical, then did the lower leg strength - and my abdominal crunches etc on that dern ball... and then wogged on home!! over 1 hour (just barely, but its the longest I've exercised to date!!) Congratulations!!! Getting started is always the hardest part.

I have visions of losing 20# by Jan 7.... and dream of it being 30# speaking of dreams, I dreamt I wasnt allowed in WDW last night :confused3 talking about nightmares!! :scared1: WOW Disney nightmares... I haven't had those yet. That would be horrible!

My favorite ipod moments -
UP by Shania Twain
Rockn with the Ryhthm of the ... rain JUDDS
I know where I'm goin .. Judds (doncha wanna come too)
AWESOME GOD

:cool1: DH thinks we can afford to buy our plane tickets tonight!! (We've been checking American, United and Southwest - 1 one way ticket has been anywhere between $500 - $300 to Southwest is $93 one way (the airport for SW is further and would cost at least $150 extra in parking/hotel fees)

today $600 for 3 round trip on American - with our preferred times :cool1:
:worship: the flight and price are still there when dh comes home and can plug in the card to buy! :wizard:

Go to kayak.com or sidestep.com to get a comparison of different flights - except for southwest!! :banana:

I was going to say check kayak.. but you already know about that site. Kayak doesn't check JetBlue either. Looks like you found a great price!:thumbsup2 I still hate how the airlines keep tacking on the baggage (and other) fees.:sad2:

Thanks for the tips Sandy. Yes, I will be careful on the weight bench. I am going to give your exercises a try. Great job on the exercise. What keeps me going? Yes, I used to get bored at first and wondered how I was ever going to make it. On days by myself, I now use DS' Ipod. Jimmy Buffett music has a great beat and works for my pace. On days when I walk with a friend, well, let's just say she keeps the conversation going.:thumbsup2 (She talks a lot) and I'm kind of quiet.

I too was very sad over Patrick's passing. He was a great actor. I still watch Dirty Dancing. :love:

DH called to tell me he emailed me a training schedule!! :rotfl2:

I had to tell him I researched the running schedules and posted my plans on a "pre trip report" (and that a guy posted here too!! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:)

Here's his email:

I was thinking, we might want to wait until you get the ADRs before we decide between the dining plan and going a la carte. Don't forget Meg at 3:30 (well she said 3:30, but I wonder if she meant 3:00?)

Also, we're 16 weeks away from the half-marathon. Here's your training schedule for this week:

Wednesday 2 mile run or cross-training (bike or swim for equivalent time)
Thursday 3 mile run plus strength training (weights)
Friday rest
Saturday 30 minutes cross-training (bike or swim)
Sunday 4 mile run

Love you!

timothy

Isnt that sweet? :love:

MArried 28 years, and he still cares!! He bought our plane tickets, so now its "real' and he means to get me in shape!! Bless his heart!!

I tried to tell him I'm more of a John The Penguin Bingham girl than a Hal Higdon Runner.. :sad2:

I told you he liked Hal, ever since he met the guy. Did I mention he's from Indiana? Quite accomplished in the RUnning World...

all right, I must get off and get my rear in gear!!
:dance3:
We're GOING TO DISNEY!! :dance3:

:banana:

I had to tell him I researched the running schedules and posted my plans on a "pre trip report" (and that a guy posted here too!! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:)
Tell him not to worry... it's only Tim posting!
MArried 28 years, and he still cares!! He bought our plane tickets, so now its "real' and he means to get me in shape!! Bless his heart!!
:cool1::banana:YAY for the plane tickets!! It's more real than booking Disney. You can cancel up to 45 days with Disney, it is a lot harder to cancel and move around those plane tickets!:lmao:
We're GOING TO DISNEY!! :dance3:

:banana:
This deserves a little more dancing!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :yay:

Also - stand up - feet shoulder width apart - arms behind you palms up now raise your arms as high as you can and slowly try and touch your thumbs - and back and forth but keep those arms HIGH - Only do 50 of these to begin with - you will be sore tomorrow - but it keeps that under arm flab at bay!! ;)

WHAT!!?? Did someone say arm flab? "Keeps" "at" "bay."

WOMAN! You are my heroine!! I'm doing this!! I am so, so doing this!! I've been trying to concoct various and sly ways of disguising, hiding, concealing, masking, and camoflouging my built in flabbos for this trip, becuase they are bound to end up on HERE! :scared1: at some point!! But I do like this exercise too.

Yeah, I could eat less to. But, it's not like too much weight, it's just all marshmellowy like I have 5 kids or something. Not only do they melt/steal grey matter, they create matter where you really don't want it or need it!!

30 min DONE!! Why is it the last feet, the last 3 miles of the 13.1 miles (and trust me, that .1 mile is tougher than you can imagine... because after that .1 mile you still have more to go - walk to the medal, walk to the water, walk to the bagels, walk to the bananas, walk to get your bag with your crocs, walk to meet up with your team, walk to the bus to your resort, walk from the bus stop to your room...) SO TRUST me, when you are looking at the last .1 mile, you want to cry!

Y'all probably dont remember the Judds... but this helped my last few min when I thought I could just walk it home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIDPQp8JKE Sing along

I know where Im goin
Dont you want to come too?
I got my reservations
And I got one for you
The trains leavin just after dark
Theres always room for a lovin heart
I know where Im goin
Dont you wanna come too?

I know my destination
Its a waiting for you
I got no hesitation
Thats where I want to be
And by the time that the sun comes up
Ill be drinkin from a lovin cup
I know where Im goin
Dont you want to come too?

(chorus)

Dont you wanna come?
Dont you wanna ride?
Dont you wanna be there by my side?
Hand in hand
Holding on to
The sweet salvation
Thats waiting for me and you

I know why Im singin
Dont you want to sing too?
Cant you hear the bells a ringin?
Let the spirit move you

Just close your eyes and let it flow
Lean your head back, let it go
I know where Im goin
Dont you wanna come too?

(repeat chorus)

I know where Im goin
Dont you wanna come too?
I got my reservations
And I got one for you
I know why Im singin
Dont you want to sing too?
Cant you hear the bells a ringin?
Let the spirit move you
Spirit move you, yeah

I know where Im goin
Dont you wanna come too?
I know where Im goin
Dont you wanna come too?

Tell him not to worry... it's only Tim posting!
:cool1::banana:YAY for the plane tickets!! It's more real than booking Disney. You can cancel up to 45 days with Disney, it is a lot harder to cancel and move around those plane tickets!:lmao:

This deserves a little more dancing!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :yay:

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

You are almost out the door!!

(and he's not worried - we promise to only worry about the ones we dont tell each other about!! ;) ;) :rotfl2: - we're really goofy people!!)

WHAT!!?? Did someone say arm flab? "Keeps" "at" "bay."

WOMAN! You are my heroine!! I'm doing this!! I am so, so doing this!! I've been trying to concoct various and sly ways of disguising, hiding, concealing, masking, and camoflouging my built in flabbos for this trip, becuase they are bound to end up on HERE! :scared1: at some point!! But I do like this exercise too.

Yeah, I could eat less to. But, it's not like too much weight, it's just all marshmellowy like I have 5 kids or something. Not only do they melt/steal grey matter, they create matter where you really don't want it or need it!!

I've got a million of them - too bad they dont work when you just read about them.. :sad2:

Get the 5# weights - and while watching tv (Like the Biggest Loser, or the Food Channel...) and do some arm lifts - and lunges...

or before you click on another link - stand up and do 50 !! (after 7 days up it to 100 - but do it slow, or the next day you'll wonder if someone didnt hit your muscle really hard!!)

- and birthin them babies eats away brain cells too!! and after each baby it seems that some of the weight just "hangs" on... :sad2: Eat Less - Move More - I've heard about that - I'm thinkin about tryin that one out! ;)

I may be weird, but I embrace it, and dh doesnt mind my weirdness - he claims to have a weirdness about him :confused3 DD may be in trouble... she can quote Monty Python, Space Balls, and loves the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - is that 'weird'?

does she eat spamalot?

:rotfl:

I like DD already.

Loving your PTR. Your DH looks quite a bit younger without the beard. I don't know how his search is going but the battle for me is getting the darn interview! I wish him luck.

You are very inspiring. I wish I could say I'd join you but..

I don't run. I just don't. I'll kayak or bike or hike but running and I well, it just doesn't work out. I apparently have committed to climbing Mt. Rainer with my sisters next summer so figure that is about as much as I can possibly chew. And I'm not sure I want to chew on that!

13 miles running? No way. If I could hike it up and down a really steep pretty mountain then sure. Flat? Feet pounding? ugh. I'll stick to Zumba. Which I can't do either but it has music.

I'm a huge fan of strength training for that arm flab...I tend to use machines as I"m too spastic to stay as even as I'd like with free weights. You are off to a great start!

Awww - Mt Ranier.... DH climbed that and hopes to go up again! He's really glad he didnt do it this year - climbing Mt Ranier is really dangerous - little things can really mess you up!! One thing he discovered was a pill for eyes but a 2nd use is helping with altitude sickness - if you dont know about it and want to - remind me and I'll ask dh when he comes back!!

pics of Mt Ranier:

DSCN1588.jpg

its cold up there: this is a summer picture btw
DSCN1590.jpg

my snow muffin!! Love the icicles on his beard!! lol

DSCN1587.jpg

oh this shack is a stop for the night -
DSCN1581.jpg

send me to Disney!!

and I HATE running. Seriously hate. I've let go of the hate tho - because now it gets me to Disney!!! :rotfl2: I was in college, and had to take a gym class - and I was fit, tennis, racquetball, etc etc... but that college hid running behind some stupid pretty course title - WINTER QUARTER - running!! I think my first clock was a 25 min mile - I was so not happy!! Then in "training" in Indiana in WINTER - a car slid and hit me (not bad, but scared me nonetheless) I cursed the teacher and said I'd be back in Spring!! The final was if you showed improvement.... I did, got my A - but I seriously HATE running! Always have, Always.... well, if it gets me to Disney!! :rotfl2:

DH loves running. :confused3 Talks about a "zone" and it gets you fit, heart healthy :confused3

DD wanted to go see Spamalot - dh ds#2 and her do lines all the time --- random lines from Monty Python.... like - -

Halt who goes there... it is I.... the swallow may fly south.... coconuts migrate... a swallow carrying a coconut... weight ratios you know... - African or European...

dont get them started is all I'm saying!! :rotfl2:

all I have to say is...

"a wafer thin mint?"

:rotfl2:

Thank you for sharing the Rainer pics! We will see if it really happens.....BRR!

Also, we're 16 weeks away from the half-marathon. Here's your training schedule for this week:

Wednesday 2 mile run or cross-training (bike or swim for equivalent time)
Thursday 3 mile run plus strength training (weights)
Friday rest
Saturday 30 minutes cross-training (bike or swim)
Sunday 4 mile run

I wogged 2 miles - 30 min yesterday - did I mention I HATE running, wogging...

WHAT? :scared1: 3 MILES + strength training today... :faint:

someone tell me why I thought today was a "rest" take it easy day -

my muscles are not "screaming" but I know where they are - esp my heel tendons (plantar fascia)

I am going to Disney, I am going to Disney... "I know where I'm goin, doncha wanna come to..." Doncha wanna come and be...

it will take me one hour to prepare and get out the door...

I am such a whiner.... its because I'm not good at this, and I'm old, and fat and lazy...

Going to Disney - see the MK - today I will run to the MK (3 miles) not even... just to that parking lot... 3 miles is a 5K... 5K sounds more impressive... :sad:

all I have to say is...

"a wafer thin mint?"

Thank you for sharing the Rainer pics! We will see if it really happens.....BRR!

ewww that's just not right - the WISH team has a saying for Goofy people - a club name - YARC (Y'all Aint Right Club) :rotfl2:

this is a YARC moment!!

WOW your training steps jump quickly.. a 2 to a 4 mile run in 5 days! That is no joke!!!

You DH's pic of Mt. Ranier are awesome! How long does it take to climb to the summit? Does he climb all the time? I would love to do this someday.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter